Shaan calls for a ban on Mawra Hocane for supporting Phantom

CANNOT thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Shaan calls for a ban on Mawra Hocane for supporting Phantom

Published: August 29, 2015
78SHARES
  TWEET EMAIL
Actor created a trend and it gained traction faster than Mawra could delete her tweets.

Actor created a trend and it gained traction faster than Mawra could delete her tweets.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what happens when it causes a stir and turns your people against you. Case in point: Shaan's reaction to Mawra's tweets in support of the controversial film Phantom.

Earlier this week Hamza Ali Abbasi and Shaan spoke up against Saif's statement of losing faith in Pakistan after his film was banned in the country.

They lobbied against the Bollywood star and gained support from multitudes of Pakistanis who shared similar sentiments.

Read: Hamza Ali Abbasi responds to Saif Ali Khan's anti-Pakistan rant

However, one local celeb, Mawra Hocane, didn't manage to gain support of fellow Pakistanis after she tweeted in favour of the film:

Read: Faithless Saif needs to find a life beyond Pakistan: Shaan

In fact, she garnered quite a lot of hate and soon enough, deleted her tweets. Unfortunately for this damsel, distress was not far because when Shaan came across her tweets, he was not happy...

He started a trend #banmawra and it didn't take long for people to respond on Facebook:

Some even showed their personal vendetta towards the actress:

One looked at his new found hero. Where was his status update when it was needed the most?

Some questioned her nationalism:

If that wasn't enough, Twitter was full of hateful tweets for the actress:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Why can't someone express their opinion.
As a Pakistani, I don't care one bit if Saif has faith in my country or not, he's not important to me. Let him say whatever.
Coming to mawRa, if she felt that wAy, fine, no reason to put bans on her. Banning the movie was enough,
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
God why are things being blown out of proportion
Mawra has already quit pak tv 

Phantom is a flop in India also and termed as worst Kabir Khan movie 

What's the point now flogging a dead horse 
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Although, I would be glad they banned her but that's just due to my personal opinion about her. However, she has every right to voice her opinion on the movie. I think she was quite rational when she stated that she would like to watch it first before making a judgement. That's how it should be.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Although, I would be glad they banned her but that's just due to my personal opinion about her. However, she has every right to voice her opinion on the movie. I think she was quite rational when she stated that she would like to watch it first before making a judgement. That's how it should be.

@bold...BANG ON...Cudnt hv said it better 

starstruckk thumbnail
This is what Hamza had to say:

Ek janwar ko bhi pata hota hai ke jis ghar main rehte hain,,,, jahan se naam banaya hai, us ki respect kese ki jaye

Hamza really crossed the line with this. He's indirectly stating that Mawra is worse than an animal. Very unnecessary and inappropriate.
starstruckk thumbnail
Gohar Rasheed also takes the cake for speaking about this on his facebook. This is what he said:

It seems that some people are being more Indian then the actual Indians. One piece of advice to all my fellow PAKISTANI actors never forget that it is because of PAKISTAN that you are getting films in Bollywood. It is sad to see that you are compromising on your own dignity and for what ? Couple of more films that's it, Shame on you. Pro humanity (yeah right) you are not even pro PAKISTAN how can you be pro humanity first learn to respect your country then talk about humanity #ShameOnYou

And then he's personally liking the curse words/derogatory comments people are throwing at Mawra. What a retard.
Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Judging Mawra's intentions here is one thing (they think she's saying this to get more work in Bollywood and even if she is, who cares)...but for some of these male actors to bully her is quite shameful.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
My question is why is Saif's statement even worthy of a reaction?
Hamari sehat pay kya asar padh raha hai?
MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

I think mawra is just trying too hard to be accepted by India 😆