Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Truly beautiful.. You bring the yearning to life...Wistful wishing for the best gift in life.. Motherhood.. A mother's love is bestowed in many forms upon us..an older sister, an aunt, and even a mother in law... We could debate from sunset to sunrise why some of us struggle and for others it's easy sailing... 
It has, is, and will always remain unanswered...
Your Drabble brings forth a memory of a beautiful folksong - ''mitta da bawa"

A mother whose baby dies and she carries a rag doll pining for it to cry and come alive..she questions as to why the tree she planted has blossomed but not her baby.. Why, when she is a pretty as the other village girls whose children hug their mothers she has to feel snakes biting her womb...
Arshi67 thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyR

Truly beautiful.. You bring the yearning to life...Wistful wishing for the best gift in life.. Motherhood.. A mother's love is bestowed in many forms upon us..an older sister, an aunt, and even a mother in law... We could debate from sunset to sunrise why some of us struggle and for others it's easy sailing... 

It has, is, and will always remain unanswered...
Your Drabble brings forth a memory of a beautiful folksong - ''mitta da bawa"

A mother whose baby dies and she carries a rag doll pining for it to cry and come alive..she questions as to why the tree she planted has blossomed but not her baby.. Why, when she is a pretty as the other village girls whose children hug their mothers she has to feel snakes biting her womb...

The song you wrote of moved me to tears. Especially to hear Chitra Singh sing of heartbreaking loss  ... 
Your heart will always ask "Why me" even when your rational mind may say "Why not me" ...
Thank you for sharing the song and your thoughts :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcsU0AIGzAM[/YOUTUBE]

aquagal thumbnail
Ruchi it was such a beautiful piece. It was bittersweet to witness such pure love but not able to experience it first hand. I wish Khushi was that mother to have a child in her arms, to have that unquestionable trust from a few year old. You made me go through so much emotions with your words. Pain, longing, trying to find back that strength to be able to move on with life - it was all there.
I hope you write more because you are truly a very gifted person with words -be it your comments and now your first piece as a writer.
Friedriceji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ruchi, you must know that my eyes leaked while I was reading this piece.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Thankfully I am that mother but this drabble just broke my heart.                                                                                                                                                  I want more from your pen and with this drabble I realized I need to start reading Revealed.                                                                                                                                            I hope my weak heart could take it.                                                                                                                                                          Please please please do write more. I love youuu
sman thumbnail
Ruchiii  , you are so brilliant..what poetic words yaar...that was amazing...perfect thoughts about  "Revealed" Kushi..
am still in wonderland..you should write more dear...

Shaila
limoncello thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
We are born of love, and love is our Mother. - Rumi

Melancholic!

And beautifully written! the depth of feelings you have portrayed left me breathless and it left me a little sad.

I haven't read 'Revealed' yet. So my comment is purely based on your dribble as an independent piece.

Having wanted to be a mother for a very long time and finally getting that joy...twice over...I wonder how motherhood can be a choice. Whether you have your own or bring in an unfortunate child into your home and make it your own, there is always a way!

I know some people who make that choice...to be or not to be...a Mom! I just can't fathom it.

I didn't realize you write this well. Please don't leave us with a mere glimpse of your fabulous-ness! I.want.MORE!!

Love,
Limon.

Edited by limoncello - 8 years ago
jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Ruchi ("The queen of perceptions"),

In gist this drabble beautifully encompasses a child's trust, mothers joyfulness, woman's unfulfilled wishes, shattered dreams, hopes and wishes for brighter tomorrow. You have beautifully intertwined all these emotions just in couple of lines 👏.

Please bring on more reflections and we all are ready to cherish them.

Edited by jduke - 8 years ago
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant...you are an amazing writer...keep writing...
lalarukh thumbnail
awee dear u have written it beautiful...infact let me say excellent..:)...very heart touching..i simply loved it :)Edited by lalarukh - 8 years ago
mayurisb80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ruchi..that was beautifully written...👏from writing beautiful comments that are inspiring you have written a touching piece...can we hope that this is just a beginning and we will see more from you...
i am looking forward to that...⭐️❤️