Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
hit me hard.

what was that, ruchi? tum theek ho? i have no idea what a drabble is. i am not reading revealed. but there was a wistful, as unrelenting as those paths the tears make, keening sadness in your words. moving. and really this motherhood thing.

wonderfully gone into and written this moment in a girl's life. thanks for letting me know.
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Wow Ruchi...that was very beautifully written and the pathos of the situation was conveyed in a way that pricked at the heart...

I love the fact that you decided to pen down something and I am sure 'Chokri_ASR' would be very touched that her story propelled you to write because its not easy to make someone else's characters yours while the essence remains the same and then write from that character's POV...so kudos for a job well done :)

If I could offer one word of advice, it would be this - try and use less big words...I feel that simpler words can convey more sometimes and one can even explain them more without reducing the impact of the emotion being conveyed. 

But all in all, a great piece of work :)
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Ruchi,

That was so beautifully written...so poignant...filled with hidden truths and subliminal musings...Revealed has touched us all in so many ways that Jigs would never have imagined when she started her epic story on Arnav and Khushi. Even as a stand alone, this piece is a soliloquy of a mother and her myriad emotions, the happiness always and fully contrasting with the sadness...if it was to serve as a companion piece for Revealed, of course, it takes things up a notch...sort of bases it on certain tangible plain. Yes, I can sense Khushi's angst as she watches a child and mother playing in the park. The last line truly nailed it...left me with a shiver running along my spine...beautiful girl, take a bow.

πŸ‘

Looking forward to see many more from where that came! God bless!

Best,
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
OMG!

Ruchi, this is brilliant! I am so so glad you decided to write (Finally!). The words just flow and even though I am reading prose, it sounds like poetry to my ears. I don't even know what to say cause I am so shocked. Just that this is brilliant and amazing and you should definitely do it again, soon.

I think this quote aptly describes the woman's feelings. And it is how, I, as a reader felt as well, thanks to your beautiful words.

Edited by BlueMystique - 8 years ago
mints23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Sometimes a story is not merely read... it is felt! That is exactly what happened to me with this drabble Ruchi. A poetic confluence of melancholy and happiness, written beautifully. It describes Khushi's thoughts so aptly, bringing forth the need, the craving, the wish to have been that mother, whose child jumps into her arms without an ounce of fear or hesitation. And I could feel it more deeply, because unfortunately I am not that mother.

Ruchi, you have such brilliant mastery over words. You should definitely write more often... and I mean stories other than your beautiful comments. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by mints23 - 8 years ago
Heavens_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My wistful reflections are here
sudhareddy thumbnail
Ruchi its beautifully written and heart touching drabble.  You are always so good atyour words.  The way you given words to Khushi's feelings are marvellous πŸ‘ β­οΈ β€οΈ πŸ€—.
Loved the way you penned beautiful bond and the relation between boy and his mother.
I can feel Khushi's pain and emptiness in that gaze, her longing and her anguish as she watched the mother and child playing in park.
And the last line said everything.
Thanks to Jigs for inspiring to write such a wonderful drabble.
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ruchi, even before I read the last sentence where you said that  this drabble is inspired from Revealed, my thoughts took me to Khushi of Revealed right from the beginning.

Ruchi, you have written it beautifully. What can I say to justify how I felt after reading it. I have no words in my vocabulary to describe my feelings about this drabble.

There are words to describe somethings which happens commonly, but how to describe this drabble which is so beautiful that I feel like it might be very long time before I even read such a master piece again.

Great job Ruchi. I am so glad that you took to writing at last.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
 Ruchi β€οΈ dearπŸ€—

A splendid heartfelt thoughts from a girl and her motherhood wishes.Never read revealed .Have no idea behind the story yet the concept itself is very  touchy.

A soul of a mother or a girl after some years to wish to have a child is what defines a Mother...
That was very beautifully written and it did pricked the heart with the moments of a girl's life.

A wistful , yes!

Edited by .ArshiHamesha. - 8 years ago
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Am at a loss for words Ruchi ... that is so beautifully written ... πŸ€—
Hope to read more from you ...