Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Drishyam is not a success.

Content and superstar are kings. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, 3 Idiots prove it.

Superstar can get 200+ even with a so so film. Eg, Kick, Dhoom 3, CE.
pallavi25 thumbnail

Drishyam budget was 67 crores.

Its made 42.78 crores in 6 days. How much more to make before its declared a hit? 

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/drishyam-6-day-box-office-collection-ajay-tabu-starrer-beat-badlapur-roy-record-641969

And its made this much inspite of Bahubali and BB still running in theaters and also floods, heavy rains in many states.
 Its not a big budget movie with the Almighty Khans, it has good story and performances so it will be like Piku, make around 80 crores and be declared a hit. 

Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Drishyam budget was 67 crores.

Its made 42.78 crores in 6 days. How much more to make before its declared a hit? 

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/drishyam-6-day-box-office-collection-ajay-tabu-starrer-beat-badlapur-roy-record-641969

And its made this much inspite of Bahubali and BB still running in theaters and also floods, heavy rains in many states.
 Its not a big budget movie with the Almighty Khans, it has good story and performances so it will be like Piku, make around 80 crores and be declared a hit. 

Exactly😳
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Drishyam is not a success.

Content and superstar are kings. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, 3 Idiots prove it.

Superstar can get 200+ even with a so so film. Eg, Kick, Dhoom 3, CE.

That is applicable only to the Khans who are MEGASTARS, but they have years of experience behind them.

Content is king for all the rest, which includes the Khans' contemporaries like Kumar and Devgan and the younger lot.

there is no escaping from that fact.
I liked the movie. It was engaging and catered something different even if it was frame to frame copy...
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that people still enjoy good stories!

Bhagwaan ke laak laak shukar
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

That is applicable only to the Khans who are MEGASTARS, but they have years of experience behind them.

Content is king for all the rest, which includes the Khans' contemporaries like Kumar and Devgan and the younger lot.

there is no escaping from that fact.

You think Singham, Golmaal series, Singh is King, Rowdy Rathore had content? 😆

Kumars and Devgans also have years of experience behind them. Not just Khans.

And no. Kumar and Devgan cannot be clubbed with younger lot. They are behind Khans but ahead of young lot who have 1 hit but more hype.

Drishyam is nothing. Not at all like Piku or something. Only few people here talked about it. The best example of content is Bajrangi Bhaijaan which is clearly winning both praise and box office in a big way.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

You think Singham, Golmaal series, Singh is King, Rowdy Rathore had content? 😆

Kumars and Devgans also have years of experience behind them. Not just Khans.

And no. Kumar and Devgan cannot be clubbed with younger lot. They are behind Khans but ahead of young lot who have 1 hit but more hype.

Drishyam is nothing. Not at all like Piku or something. Only few people here talked about it. The best example of content is Bajrangi Bhaijaan which is clearly winning both praise and box office in a big way.

just in the example of Drishyam, I do think it's the story that is pulling audiences. It's also the legacy and reputation made by the original (Mohanlal's) which is making people curious about it.

Albeit I'm only basing this on the response I've seen on IF, people are referring to the original a LOT.

If you take out all the promotional garb, all the big-shot songs, all the larger-than-life characteriziation, you have very little to let a film build a base on, and to me, that's the Hindi Drishyam.

I don't consider Ajay amongst the league that can make anything turn into gold either.
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I watched Drishyam in fast forward mode, I loved Tabu and the girl who plays Ajay's eldest daughter. The entire cast did a pretty good job. I already watched the Malay version so I sort of knew what was going on already.

If it's done well at the BO, bravo!
Edited by Zah.Of.RoZaNa. - 8 years ago
Is the film doing good ???

Taran A is tweeting on BB crossing 300 crore and all that but seems no update in this film 😆 😆