Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
He hasn't made any bad choices either... it's just that his luck ran out when he had to try new genres like masala and period movie...

who wouldn't choose abhinay kashyap after dabangg and acclaimed director like Anurag Kashyap...joke marte ho πŸ˜†

his mistake is he chose to do safe movies while they were working and didn't try to get out of comfort zone... now, it will take more time to establish in new genres because ppl don't like him in any other genres except yjhd type...
mark my words, if he does a full-fledged action, it might flop too...

but all this doesnt mean he is finished... he will bounce back... he will find his mojo after few flops
but it was usless to compare him with Khans, HR... but this whole khan comparison is due to media and kapoor surname...it's not his fault either
Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 8 years ago
jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I thought you were talking about Saif Ali Khan. πŸ˜‰
MoOnSoNg thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

He hasn't made any bad choices either... it's just that his luck ran out when he had to try new genres like masala and period movie...

who wouldn't choose abhinay kashyap after dabangg and acclaimed director like Anurag Kashyap...joke marte ho πŸ˜†

his mistake is he chose to do safe movies while they were working and didn't try to get out of comfort zone... now, it will take more time to establish in new genres because ppl don't like him in any other genres except yjhd type...
mark my words, if he does a full-fledged action, it might flop too...

but all this doesnt mean he is finished... he will bounce back... he will find his mojo after few flops
but it was usless to compare him with Khans, HR... but this whole khan comparison is due to media and kapoor surname...it's not his fault either

πŸ˜†it will.. I don't think he will try that
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If Tamasha is a sucess then Deepika will get credit 
If JJ is a success then Katrina will get credit 

Tamasha and JJ are test of Deepika and Katrina star power.

If they flop then along with ranbir even both heroines will face the backlash because they are touted as the biggest female superstars of this gen.

As far as ranbir is concern, I don't think he will ever become as big khans or Hrithik. That not only applies to ranbir but other new gen actors as well. Khans and Hrithik brought something new to the industry. There was certain kind of uniqueness in these four stars. However new gen is ust trying to replicate them.

Ranbir probably will have his own share of hits and flops. But superstar...no
Edited by Saraa. - 8 years ago
simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
2009 - Ajab Prem Ki Ghajab Kahani
2010 - Rajneeti
2012 - Barfi
2013 - Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani

Ranbir made his debut in 07, which means with in his first five years he had three films that made it to top 5 of the respective years. NONE, none of the his so called competitors or the current upcoming stars have had a single top 5 hit in their career till now (may be Ramleela by a whisker?). This the reason why he is in a different league.

If it was merely about looking at hits there was a time when Imran Khan had better success ratio than Ranbir. Till 2011 Ranbir had 2 clean hits, in comparison Imran had 4 clean hits (jaane tu, IHLS,DB, MBKD) and that too with no names. Look where is he now. Replace Imran with latest newcomers. They had 60 Cr grossers when there were very few 100 Cr movies. That would count more in trade perspective than having a 100 cr movie today when the market has film(s) crossing 300 cr and multiple 200Cr + films.

Ranbir was hailed/hyped up as next to Khan because he was the only one who had such growth and rise in those early years itself. The number that YJHD saw and when it did was phenomenal, especially considering its non-single screen appealing theme.

Bombay Velvet was a mess and it doesn't hurt him as a star. No star in India with the exception of Aamir makes such films/takes such risk. Even with Aamir he would make sure the prices are low or the budget is low to get maximum out of it. When it works like it did for Barfi, it looks so wonderful but when it doesn't this is what happens. Otherwise see what happened to Guzarish with glowing reviews, Harry Potter beat him at the box office.

And to people who think he works only is romance/love stories, well, a star has to have a strength genre, look at SRK in romantic films and the success he had and then look at his 'other' films and tell me the first success he had.

So like many have been saying he ain't going anywhere he is the next big thing after Khans. Hrithik will always come and go in between showing, he exists πŸ˜†. Ranveer, Shahid, Varun etc are far far away as of now.
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I think the forum had its reason to call him next superstar. I legit thought RK would be the one to challenge the Khans after Besharam had a 20 cr opening day (higher than YJHD and many films with stars like Akki and Ajay) How that film managed to do that might just be the biggest BO mystery for me.

Equally mysterious is the massive fall Besharam witnessed on day 2. Usually crappy films of superstars like Jai Ho and HNY sustain at a minimum level at the BO. But Rk's film immediately crashed. That is not how a superstar's film performs at the BO even if its utter garbage. However it also takes big star to fetch a 20 cr opening for a film that doesnt have an a-list heroine and looks awful in the trailers...πŸ€”
Edited by dingle_hopper - 8 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: dingle_hopper

I think the forum had its reason to call him next superstar. I legit thought RK would be the one to challenge the Khans after Besharam had a 20 cr opening day (higher than YJHD and many films with stars like Akki and Ajay) How that film managed to do that might just be the biggest BO mystery for me.

Equally mysterious is the massive fall Besharam witnessed on day 2. Usually crappy films of superstars like Jai Ho and HNY sustain at a minimum level at the BO. But Rk's film immediately crashed. That is not how a superstar's film performs at the BO even if its utter garbage. However it also takes big star to fetch a 20 cr opening for a film that doesnt have an a-list heroine and looks awful in the trailers...πŸ€”

bombay velvet didn't have an opening and its lifetime was only 3cr more than the opening day of Besharam so thats concerning 

and Besharam's opening collection got helped by the national holiday orelse it would have been around 10-12cr instead of 19cr
Edited by DB_reloaded - 8 years ago
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The other three khans never gave flops in their career? LOL
Ranbir is no exception, he will bounce back. 
atominis thumbnail
Rambir is too urbane.

He has to change a bit to connect with all levels of audience.

He should follow Aamir because he also has no individual appeal and needs to rely on content.

But that is also not enough since Aamir got biggest push after Lagaan got nominated at Oscars. That changed his perception, made him pride of India and people since then began to believe his film must be good.

So Ranbir has to work hard unless some "push" and success changes his perception.

As of now he is just known for his personal life and that's a bore.

(Someone said Kapoor is coveted tag. LOL! It was never. Earlier Kumar, then Bachchan and now it is only KHAN. Deal with it.)

Ranbir has mostly been more hype less substance. His PR goes overboard calling him new superstar, king or new Raj Kapoor. But films are never accepted in such a big way except 1 YJHD.

He will always stick around and get ample chances. He is not all useless like Abhishek. So he has chances of someday becoming a star like Aamir provided he selects good, topical scripts.

light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Reading fourth khan I thought the tread was about saif. Chal koi nai. About saif he is talented, he has done some really good performance oriented movies. But he should never atempt on solo hero larger then life roles. It never works for him.  The movies which work for him are experiment,  genex. He can be next nassiruddin shah if he concentrates on that type of movies. Coz audience excepts him in such roles. Be it in omkara, go goa gone, ek haseena thi, being cyrus. Such roles have always worked for him. I am not worried about ranbir. He is playing lovable charecter in tamasha. Something like kareeena geet in jab we met. N nadiadwala has already started its promotion.