Muzaffar Ali's Jaanisaar trailer - Imran Abbas & Pernia Qureshi

Posted: 8 years ago

Dont think anyone has posted it

From the makers of Umrao Jaan 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k961ViZtzWU[/YOUTUBE]

I think it looks good, I will probably watch it a boring day when nothing else is to be found.. 

From the makers of the Umrao Jaan starring Rekha?
Abbas is looking good for a change.

But seems like a B grade movie.
Originally posted by CarrotCake

From the makers of the Umrao Jaan starring Rekha?

Nah, I guess the Abhi Aish starrer

Originally posted by -afghaniibabe

Nah, I guess the Abhi Aish starrer

The Rekha starrer actually. Whoever thought he would come to this. Pernia looks so weird and wooden. 

Looks like a tv movie. 
Originally posted by TheJake

Abbas is looking good for a change.

But seems like a B grade movie.

D grade

The fault in our stars.

😆
Except for the freedom fighters angle it actually looks just like Umrao Jaan.

The movie is releasing on the 7th of August now.  They wanted to move it to the weekend of 15th to coincide with Independence Day but Brothers has most of the screens booked that weekend so they moved it a week early, or rather two weeks early from the original date of August 21st.  
I might actually watch it as it is an independent film because, as Muzaffar Ali himself says in the article below, independent cinema gets very little support and backing in India.
I am not sure whether it will still be in cinemas when I go to Delhi in the second half of August though. 

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Muzaffar-Ali-fights-for-screen-time/articleshow/48113761.cms?
Muzaffar Ali fights for screen time
By Sanyukta Iyer, Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Jul 17, 2015, 05.37 PM IST

Muzaffar Ali fights for screen time
Filmmaker Muzaffar Ali, who directed the 1981-hit Umrao Jaan is heartbroken. His upcoming pre-Independence drama, Jaanisaar, featuring Pernia Qureshi and Imran Abbas Naqvi, hasn't been able to get any screens forcing him to push the film up by two weeks. Ali had earlier wanted to open on Independence Day but was warned that the date had been blocked by Karan Johar. 
Then he decided on an August 21 release only to come up against Umesh Shukla's All Is Well, featuring Abhishek Bachchan, Asin and Rishi Kapoor. Now the film is scheduled for August 7. 

"I'm a fakir and I'm fighting against loud, big-budget, multi-starrers. The zeal, passion and energy of films like Killa and Masaan are incomparable but independent cinema never finds any takers," a dejected Ali told Mirror. 

The 70-year-old filmmaker underlines the stark difference by comparing his film to Sanjay Leela Bhansali's period romance Bajirao Mastani. "I shot Jaanisaar in 54 days while Bajirao Mastani has taken 300 days. 

During post-production, I dropped three big scenes, wasting 10 days of shoot, to keep my film within the two-hour limit since I don't have the backing to make a three-hour-long film," he sighed. 

Thirty-four years ago, Muzaffar had made Umrao Jaan with Rekha. The film had bagged four National Film Awards for Best Actress, Best Music Direction, Best Art Direction and Best Female Playback Singer. However, the filmmaker from Lucknow, who has been mentoring talent from Uttar Pradesh, refuses to rest on his laurels, insisting he still has a lot to learn. "This is a new race. There is so much action, noise and starvalue in the other films. No one wants to give their ears some rest by choosing mine," he says. "No production house approached me to collaborate on the film nor have I sold the satellite rights yet. 

At this point in life, I don't want to hear a 'no'. After all the commitment, time and effort, rejection is not acceptable." 

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Muzaffar-Ali-fights-for-screen-time/articleshow/48113761.cms?
Originally posted by ibnbatuta

The Rekha starrer actually. Whoever thought he would come to this. Pernia looks so weird and wooden. 

Looks like a tv movie. 

Ups, yes you are right.. its of the makers from the 1981 movie with Rekha. And I agree, Pernia does look a little weird, I dont feel she is wooden-like but just weird.. :s 

Ps. did I just became red? I liked my turkish color :P