Chidiya Ghar

TOI:'Chidiya Ghar' actor Manish slips into coma

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The TV actor's friend, Shilpa Shinde claims that it is because he did not get proper medical treatment at a government hospital following a bike accident Manish Vishwakarma, who plays Mendak Prasad in TV serial 'Chidiya Ghar', is in coma after suffering a severe head injury when his bike met with an accident near Film City on Sunday morning. 

He is currently being treated at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. According to Manish's friend, actress Shilpa Shinde, the actor is in a coma because he wasn't given proper treatment at KEM Hospital where he was previously taken. 

Says Shilpa, "When Manish, who is always punctual, didn't reach the sets on time, a production scheduler called him almost 25 times till a cop answered the call and informed that Manish had met with an accident. He was taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors there were unequipped to handle with such severe injuries and suggested they take him to KEM Hospital in Parel." 

Initially, the doctors at the government hospital didn't consider the case a priority and he was left unattended. "I heard from actor Trishikha Tripathi who was present at the hospital, along with Manish's parents and two members of the production unit of production unit of 'Chidiya Ghar' that the doctors did a CT scan. One doctor said it was a case of brain haemorrhage while another doctor had a different diagnosis," she informs. 

Finally, in the evening, he was shifted to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital where his treatment began. Dr Rajan Shah, who is present ly treating him told Mirror, "He (Manish) was unconscious when he was brought to the hospital and  immediately put on the breathing machine. He has suffered a severe head injury and is in coma. It is too early to comment on his status but I'm hopeful he'll get better." 

When Mirror contacted Dr Avinash Supe, Dean of KEM Hospital, he said, "I am not aware about the patient. But I'll surely look into the matter."

Avinash Lohana,Mumbai Mirror | Jun 30, 2015, 11.29 AM IST

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gckasturi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This is very sad. I hope he is all right and the doctors are able to treat him. Will be praying for his recovery.
Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: gckasturi

This is very sad. I hope he is all right and the doctors are able to treat him. Will be praying for his recovery.

praying for his recovery 
gckasturi thumbnail
Have there been any news or new updates about him?
SamW92 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Any updates ? Wish him speedy recovery & prayers.
gckasturi thumbnail
Since there has been no update, I just thought I would search for any news of Manish Vishwakarma. Even though I never liked the character of Medhak Prasad, I am glad to hear that Manish Vishwakarma is getting better and wish him all the best in his recovery! 

I have never shared a link before on India-Forums, so I hope this is all right. If this is not allowed, I hope that someone will please let me know. Here are the links; they are from Daily Bhaskar.com:

What a scary and traumatic thing for him to suffer at such a young age! Even though he seems to be recovering, it is so sad to see the pictures, and it looks like he might be partially paralyzed. :-( 
Edited by gckasturi - 8 years ago
SamW92 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Hope he completely recovers.