Chit chat blah blah corner!! - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
Shortage of doctors in India. Report says another 4 lakh will be required by 2010 but more medical colleges needed ðŸ˜”  Many of the trained  doctors prefer to serve abroad.  Shortage more acute in rural areas due to lack of infrastructure.. With cut in health budgets Achhe-din kaab ayenge?  ðŸ˜³
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@CG - HELP! I'm struggling to survive this heatwave! As grateful as I am for air conditioned offices, TfL is a living nightmare!

I've seen plenty of Aussies and Americans laugh at our inability to handle this heat. :( lol
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: zorrro

Shortage of doctors in India. Report says another 4 lakh will be required by 2010 but more medical colleges needed ðŸ˜”  Many of the trained  doctors prefer to serve abroad.  Shortage more acute in rural areas due to lack of infrastructure.. With cut in health budgets Achhe-din kaab ayenge?  ðŸ˜³

Hmm quite a serious problem.
Not many are willing to sacrifice and work in the tough rural locations ...
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

@CG - HELP! I'm struggling to survive this heatwave! As grateful as I am for air conditioned offices, TfL is a living nightmare!

I've seen plenty of Aussies and Americans laugh at our inability to handle this heat. :( lol

@D- Heat is killing me, travelling sucks. I know all desi friends are also joking about UK whining about the heat. But this weather is just annoying. ðŸ¤¢
Actually, its not trained doctor who prefer to serve abroad. Its mostly the ones who were unable to get into a good Government Medical college in India, who travel abroad and enroll in private colleges.
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There is shortage of doctors around the world, take US for example, by 2020, it's projected shortage to reach 90,000 few doctors, with nearly half of the burden falling on primary care.  This means doctors will be overworked and people may have to wait longer and pay higher fees for an appointment.

I always wonder how many doctors work for passion vs money vs name vs fame, how many would leave their established practice and move to rural area...

Originally posted by: -Aarya-

I always wonder how many doctors work for passion vs money vs name vs fame, how many would leave their established practice and move to rural area...

How does giving up established practice for working in a rural area that mostly lacks any sort of facility prove passion for work?
How does giving up established practice for working in a rural area that mostly lacks any sort of facility prove passion for work?

Probably intended in the sense, "not desperate for money/fame, but only to help out people in need".
Bertibotfanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The world is surviving because of handful of virtuous people.; ever prepared to sacrifice, to reach out to the poor and destitutes.
The sacrificing attitude might come after fulfillment in attaining material achievements or due to frustration of being left behind in the race of amassing wealth.
 There are Professionals such as doctors and teachers, who have foregone their plum salary and luxurious living for providing setvice to the needy. 
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

if you are passionate about helping others you will work in any environment, in any situation, and you will find a way to help others!

Initially a person becomes a doctor being passionate, it's only in the latter that passion turns into something else...

Previous
1 2 3 4 5 ... 114
Next