One can never achieve success through shortcuts: Rafi Malik

VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

One can never achieve success through shortcuts: Rafi Malik

By TellychakkarTeam
13 Jun 2015 11:01 AM

The good looking and charming Rafi Malik has definitely created a niche for himself with just two shows in his kitty. From the royal politician in Desh Ki Beti Nandini to the educated shop keeper in Tere Sheher Mein, the actor has grown as a performer, thanks to his determination and hard work.

Rafi, who was born and brought up in Bhopal, moved to Delhi to try his luck in modelling, where he managed to be on the top of the Gladrags hunt. And today, he has settled in Mumbai, trying to strengthen his foothold in the industry.

Tellychakkar.com got into an extensive conversation with the actor and spoke at length on matters close to his heart...

Bhopal or Mumbai, which one feels like home?
Life has changed for better when it comes to work, but I miss the peaceful life of my hometown. I really wish I could get the same serenity here or my work could go back to Bhopal. Life is so much easier and better there. Be it the pollution or the no warmth in people, it is definitely a hard task to survive in the fast-paced cities, but having chosen it, I will fight it out. Also, there we are all connected, but in Mumbai it is all superficial relationships.

Rajveer in Nandini or Ramshrey of TSM, which one is your favourite?
I started my career with Rajveer and I still remember my first shot, so it will always remain special to me. I have evolved and moulded myself as an actor through the show and that is the reason it will remain close to my heart always. As for Ramashrey, this character has given me the confidence that I can play different shades. People were apprehensive about my role, but I have proved them all wrong. Thus, they both have their own reasons for being special to me.

Having worked as a lead, why take up a show as the second lead?
When I signed the project and was narrated the character, they made it clear that it will be one of the leads and not a parallel one, and that is what it remains. Currently, the track might be focussing on Mantu-Amaya, but gradually I have been told that my track will take focus. As a performer, I want to do justice to every role that I take up, but it is definitely disappointing for my fans to not see my every day. And that is an achievement for me as I am blessed with loving people who care for me.

Do you feel good looks are the prime criteria to be an actor?
I don't think so! You need talent and personality,
the most. Yes, it is true that jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai, but then if you can't act, you will definitely fail.

Having started your career as a model and now an actor, have you ever faced dreaded casting couch?
There will be people exploiting you or making you do wrong things. But one should be adamant about sticking to the right path as that is the only way you can achieve success in life. Shortcut might give you instant fame, but to retain it, you need determination. It's rightly said, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it', so just be truthful and rightful and you can achieve anything in life.

Like your character Ramashrey, do you believe in love at first sight too?
To fall in love, the person's nature and personality is important.

Share some tips to woo a girl...
I think today the world has become very materialistic. So one needs to be well dressed, groomed and smell good. Also, you need to know what you talk and always show respect to women and others to win a girl's heart.

If you had to choose between romance' and bromance'...
I think both goes hand in hand. If you are in love with someone, romance takes priority but bromance is definitely lifelong. Love may not be permanent, but friendship and brotherhood is forever!

Well said, Rafi!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
    loved the interview...
    he is a balance of practical and emotional man...
    Mages thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
    I can't wait to watch RamTu bromance...
    VirusForever thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

loved the interview...

he is a balance of practical and emotional man...

me too

VirusForever thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

I can't wait to watch RamTu bromance...

lol😆😆
    Arshi-pk thumbnail
    Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
    Waiting for mantu and Rama 's Bromance
    Arshi-pk thumbnail