Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ishruhi

good nite sosy... 😊 πŸ₯±

good day Noufi jaldi soja
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ranjan fix I also want.. such a sweet sweet man.. what do you say paavam right? 
and I also want manny the meanie to somehow fall mooh ke bal...

I want RB birthday 

I want RB going a little crazy over II... staring aur ogling se ab kaam nahi chalega... he did blush once remember ..that was so sweet...

I want dhamakedaar AGM

I want robber Gang to lick their wounds 

I want Beenu Kumar banished from the Kingdom 

I want to see Subbu  that IIT dude Prashant and Sree..fanning all over II and RB jaloing...

bahut cliched ho gaya naa.. lekin I truly dig jealousy,  ladhai, rona and intense emotion!!!

Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

bold so sweet :-) i have my days πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ ..i agree expectations ka sawal hai one of my friends changed her name from anusha to anuradha post marriage and some iyers are forced to pierce nose as much as i like II with that i wouldnt do it for anyone πŸ˜†πŸ˜† unless my husband decided to keep the jittu that olden days brahmins kept πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ luckily for me my inlaws dare not say anything more πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
summer kya plan ?any plans to come south?

Totally agree to that, God name change?? I had to add my surname that too because it was needed for stupid Canadian Immg. (Thats one of the reason I dont like that place πŸ€’) 
Summer will be mostly in NJ as we have moved and travelled a lot in last 2 years..first summer home bound after 3 years. I have just enrolled the boys in camp today. Hubs goes to Raleigh for biz, maybe will tag along...are u somewhere there.  Thats the south for me πŸ˜†
Jittu is very serious in our side, if you wear one (its almost like a wedding like function) then u have to adhere to all the rules and pujas.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu and Shevane,
Fully agree on Amma vs Aunty thing, thats how it is however much wemay hate it, one of the greatest flaws of the arranged marriage system I guess. Kya karen, no system is perfect.
Anu, will do a Ranjan chapter next, for u Ranjan lovers that havent had a fix.

Appa hadnt made an appearance for a while and had to bring him in... he might even be able to grudgingly come to  accept R&B, his daughter reminds him of Rules for Dating my Daughter:

Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots.

Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants three sizes too small, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your ass.

Rule Four:

I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: When it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:

It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you bleed.

Rule Seven:

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like change the oil in my car and rotate the tires?

Rule Eight:

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, all-seeing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not f**k with me.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a helo coming in over a Wadi near Baghdad. When my Gulf War Syndrome starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

TanjoreGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Anu and Shevane,
Fully agree on Amma vs Aunty thing, thats how it is however much wemay hate it, one of the greatest flaws of the arranged marriage system I guess. Kya karen, no system is perfect.
Anu, will do a Ranjan chapter next, for u Ranjan lovers that havent had a fix.

Appa hadnt made an appearance for a while and had to bring him in... he might even be able to grudgingly come to  accept R&B, his daughter reminds him of Rules for Dating my Daughter:

Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots.

Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants three sizes too small, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your ass.

Rule Four:

I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: When it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:

It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you bleed.

Rule Seven:

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like change the oil in my car and rotate the tires?

Rule Eight:

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, all-seeing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not f**k with me.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a helo coming in over a Wadi near Baghdad. When my Gulf War Syndrome starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

OMGGG πŸ‘πŸ˜† me going to print this out for sure and show it to my husband he is sooo going to be appa i feel πŸ˜ƒ I just hope he is not pot bellied and baldingπŸ˜† ...too cute actually the love and possessiveness that appa has for II is honestly so cute and endearing and makes him loveable..R&B so needs this appa πŸ˜ƒ

@shev yes i live like 20 minutes from Raleigh.. u know right several folks move from NJ to NC πŸ˜‰  ping me when you decide will pm you my phone number  & we can try to meet how cool..

yes name change i dont know in really early days they did that but looks like some do it now too..my dad wanted me to keep my husbands last i didnt cause actually didnt want to change passport and all , i dont mind that part for some reason ..its the calling of mom/aunt thing, but its ok too i guess to grumble about that in the big scheme of things πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wistful & Wishful Thinking

He drank quietly as Appa reappeared wearing an armor and carrying his most powerful arsenal

II texted Athim:May I take him home tonight?
He texted back "MAY? edukku kanna?"

II:Umm.. u know... edaanu rule irunda (if I break some rule)

Bala: U dont have to ask kanna

II:Thanks... I will not buy him anything before I ask u first

Bala did not respond

II:Is it OK if he plays with Nandu?

Bala sent back a smile

Things were "better" but may be it will never be like it once WAS
Thats the sad part about life you go to correct one wrong and there is not way to correct it without causing permanent damage, there is hurt all around

Maybe time will lessen or blunt the force of the encounter from two weeks ago, but it wont be forgotten

"I can bring him home whenever u want me to tomorrow" II texted

"U can pick up his uniform if u want" Bala TRIED

"REALLY?" II sent a emotocon with a party hat and whistle

"Love u more than Akka" she texted

"I love u more than Akka also" he texted back

She immediately gloated, sharing with R&B

He chuckled at first... "If there is enough to go around can Shravu and I get some" he asked wistfully
tried not to be jealous...

II roared with laughter
Appa lowered the TV volume (Appa forced Shravu to quit playing BTW, Amma sent him off to do moonji techu alambindu, dress maathiko routine.
which is basically wash ur hands feet and face, wear newer clothes if you are going "out", Iyer routine)
He was wasting water in II's bathroom...πŸ˜†

Letting a bucket overflow, trying to wash his FACE😲
Munirka has water restrictions unlike posh Govt housing like D II
Akka only got water two hours a day and two hours in the evening, 😭so Shravu had forgotten what running water in a faucet even looked like

Now it felt to him like he was in  Gangotri...🀣

"He wants to know if there is enough love so Shravu and him can get some" II texted Athim

"Avanukka? Chance ey ille" "All out" (For HIM? Not a chance!!) Athim sent a wink

She showed him the text  "Ofcourse not!" he hissed...

Unawares II's was gently stoking jealousy in the dude

Amma heard the bucket overflowing and ran to the bathroom and yelled
II went to defend Shravu

Battle of Sonepat occurred by the bathroom door

Appa attempted to chat with the dude

"did u have a good trip to Poona?" Appa asked

"yes Sir I did"
"Is it tiring to switch between both ur roles?" Appa asked bluntly

"Umm.. not really... its a lot of work" R&B offered honestly

"How do u do ur angel investing when u are at Spectrum all day?" Appa asked

"It can get a lil touch" R&B said softly

"Everybody is in India, except ur sister" (WHY DONT U QUIT PARIS) appa began

"umm.." R&B ack noncommittally

"Its a  (Paris is)lot of stress and it looks like ur father is depending on you" Appa explained

Amma became worried as she helped Shravu change

"ayyo let me go di... Appa edavadu tappa sollitta na avanukku kovam varum" (Hope Appa doesnt piss him off)

APPA ONLY HAS TO LOOK AT HIM
AND VICE VERSA
THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF AMMA
THEY CANT STAND EACH OTHER
IT WILL NEVER BE LIKE HOW IT WAS WITH ATHIM
LOUD CHATTERING
LOTS OF TAMIL NADU POLITICS
DELHI GOVT POLITICS
BANK POLICY
AND A GOOD DOSE OF VANDITA RIBBING
IT WILL ALWAYS BE CHOPPY UNCOMFORTABLE AND HICCUPPY WITH RAKSHASAN

AYYO!!
THE CHOICE I MADE WHEN I CHOSE HIM
I DIDNT THINK OF ALL THIS
I ONLY WANTED TO BE WITH HIM
EVEN NOW THATS ALL I WANT
I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO MM
ITS 4 KMS AWAY AND I FEEL LIKE IVE STAYED AT D II TOO LONG
I WANT TO GO BEAT HIM UP FOR THROWING STUFF AROUND
I WANT TO GO THROUGH HIS BAG AND FIND THAT PACKET OF GUM
OR A BAG OF AIRPLANE SNACK HE NEVER ATE
I WANT TO SEE BIZ CARDS OF A RARE PERSON HE SPOKE WITH πŸ˜†WHILE ON THE PLANE OR AT THE HOTEL BAR
I WANT TO EMPTY HIS BAGS WHILE HE DISTRACTS ME CONSTANTLY

Amma was gone... she helped Shravu change

When they stepped out, after II cleaned up her room  a bit (she had folded away her saree before but her things from last night was still all over)

appa sat staring at the TV, Dude was on his phone

"Polama?" II asked

He nodded & half smiled

"Why dont u stay kanna?" Appa offered

Appa looked at the dude and mumbled "Umm... u can too"

"Thanks Mr Iyer... but we have to go" he said bluntly😈
IAM NOT LEAVING HER WITH YOUπŸ˜†

Amma made peace  "If we can see her for a night once a month we are happy, we will take more if she drives u crazy" Amma laughed

He stared at his wife
Appa:Why do u say all that Madhavi? Ishita is our golden child she is only a joy, never trouble (Appa became all senti)😳

"thanks Pa, next time I am going to taachi in ur madi/godee as u watch Sun News" "No taachi by YOU amma" Ii spat (taach is baby talk for laying down)πŸ˜†

"Ida paar... just behave urself and dont pick a fight for everything" Amma hissed
"I cant promise that"

The couple visited with Periappa...
Amma packed some coconut burfi for II
"Does ur sister like this?" she asked R&B

"I am not sure" he said honestly biting into it

"I am sending more" Amma said with pride

They did namaskaram.. (obtaining blessings)

Appa gave each Rs.101
Shravu wanted some too  for doing namaskaram He got Rs.51

"u shudnt be giving us any money" R&B said embarrassed

"its a tradition, her father would give her a gold coin each time if he could" Amma choked up

"I understand" R&B said somberly

She didnt have her purse handy she handed her money to him "Ennodadu dont take it" (its mine)

Amma and Appa walked out in the burning hot twilight sun all the way to the car and waved as the couple left with the boy

4 kms... weekly visits at times... yet II teared up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R&B had asked Tan to drop Nandu off

The boys went up to the first floor...

II went to the kitchen to check on dinner passing by Ranjan, Manny and Vik in the grand formal living room that had the curvy staircase on one side

Manny was having a heated argument

II fled the scene terrified, but she could hear

"Dimpal ke liye KOI RULE NAHI SAARE RULE MERE LIYE" Manny shouted

"Kya kahoon usko bata" Ranjan shouted back

"saal mein 10 mahiney woh Paris mein rehta hai kabhi usko kuch kaha?"

R&B fixed himself a drink and attempted to go up..

"Dimpal" she yelled

R&B sauntered in...

"ASK HIM, if u can be FAIR TO ALL, then ask him Dad" Manny challenged

Ranjan was sputtering with anger

AGM was nothing but trouble, it was bringing out the worst in every Bhalla... the worst in the already rattled, shaken, disillusioned Bhalla

Mahavir was unfazed... he cleaned chicken while Sant Ram chopped onions & tomatoes, the kitchen smelled like biryani
They were pleased to see her

"Aapke liye kamal kakri laaye rahe hum" Mahavir beamed

II smiled weakly

"Thanks, main bana doon?" she asked

"Yahan chicken ha... ucchalkar aapse aazadi maangegi" he joked

She smiled softly
"Har murgi ki aakhri tamanna, ek shakahaari se parichay ho jaaye" πŸ‘he cracked himself up at his words of wisdom

"True" Ii said softly, getting stuff out for her vegetarian dinner... as things began to shake and explode in the living room

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
10 rules from Appa.
Amazing Nisha!
🀣

Was wondering what would be RnB's '10 Rules for my dating my daughter' in future? The dude is 100 steps ahead of appa when it comes to possessiveness.

For that I need wait for minimum 20 years 😊
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Ayooo Nisha you  know the line that had me completely was
4 kms... weekly visits at times... yet II teared up

me too my parents come here every other year and every time they leave or i leave chennai i cry buckets and my dad does so too 😭😭

How do you do it di..small details in every single line..the shravu bathroom i can so relate..just perfect

loved the athim text and dudes jealousy
Loved Minion convo ..he is so adorableπŸ‘

and the living room war..poor II and poor mera Ranjan caught you have no idea how much I fear for that AGM more than my companies qtrly results .πŸ˜†. from day one of Sosy thats been looming,
I am so nervous I should be enjoying 1.5 days left of the Sosy Weekend but no i keep thinking Ranjan ka kya hoga i would be in Sosy depression if the Robber gang got even 1 more share ..give it to Ratan Tata but mere Ranjan aur Savvy ka share kissi ache insaan ko jana chahiye

chalo dinner time see u soon

SparkleV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Good luck with the exams and turing REDπŸ˜†

Thankss 😳
noname10 thumbnail
Just absolutely adore bala and II's relationshipπŸ˜ƒ... They easily make it into my top 5 faves list!
Edited by noname10 - 8 years ago