Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pk14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
No matter what anyone thinks of him . For me he is awesome 
and I love his patriotic nature . He is kind of jazbati . But yehi to fit baat ha uski . Jo dil nay wo zuban pay . Way to go hamza . 👏👏
-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ok, read the article. And  read the urdu article in the link posted by Nida too.

What did he say which was so hypocritical? He has always maintained that the reason for not working in Bollywood is because the roles they offer are a huge step down from what these same actors do in Pakistan. He is right. He will only work there if the role is central and the film is substantial. Which wont happen. That's why he wont appear in a BW film. What's wrong with that view? I respect him for that. He has NEVER said he wont work there because it is an Indian industry. It's always been about the kind of roles you get. That's why he always praises Fawad. He has even said he might work in a co-production between India and Pak. You can call him a hypocrite the day he works in a two bit doorknob role in BW. But until that day, hold your horses. Now until he goes to BW and plays second fiddle to an actress, he is not respectable, or he automatically hates India?

-Phantom- thumbnail

He says item numbers are not necessary for a film's success. He is right again. He says it is not part of our culture. You can argue against it but there is a reason that our Punjabi films and stage dramas are looked down upon by our very own people. They are full of mujras which is another word for item numbers. This is the reason BW adopted our Punjabi film song and now a very popular mujra number in Punjabi stage shows, "Kundi na kharka" for an item number in their recent film. And this trend will grow. Who is the hypocire here? Him for saying it as it is, or us, since we look down upon Kundi na Kharka at home because it is considered mujra. But we love it when it is repackaged as an item number in a bolly movie. Even a large number if Indians criticize this increasing trend of item numbers in their films. They are all hypocrites?

As the interviewer asked him why he is running a moral brigade in the industry by criticizing actresses that do item numbers. And he said he isn't. He would be running amoral bridage if he was interfering in their personal lives. He doesn't even name them. But once those item numbers become part of the industry, he can criticize a film since it is public property. As an active part of the same industry, he has full right to criticize if he doesn't like something. Whether you agree with his criticism or not is upto you. His grouch is not with the actresses, it's with the censor board for passing such stuff. Again, if some actors can criticize the censor board for not allowing item numbers, he can criticize them for allowing them. Aagay censor board ki marzi.

-Phantom- thumbnail

He said he wont work in a movie with item numbers. JPNA has a bunch of girls in bikinis, and that too because it was directed and produced by someone else. He could have said he didnt have anything to do with it since it's in the hand of the producer and director, and he was neither, but he didn't. Instead, he apologized, and stepped down from his political post. Even to this day you ask him of his biggest regret, he names JPNA. I dont agree with all this. I think he shouldnt have apologized. I personally dont see anything wrong with women in bikinis if you're showing a beach in Malaysia or Thailand or wherever. But he doesnt agree with it, fair enough. Uski marzi.

Kambakht is a movie that he wrote and directed. He says it's clean jokes, and with no item numbers. We'll see if it's the truth when it releases. If it isn't, you can call him a hypocrite then since that movie is his baby and he had full control.

The ONLY fault, in my eyes, that he has is that he broadcasts his views about everything to the world. So later when, like all human beings, he changes his mind or makes a mistake, people call him a hypocrite. That's just the price you pay for being a celebrity. And if he chooses not to learn, what can anyone do? He is a moun-phat, that's his only fault. Oh and that he has millions of fans. 

Edited by Emmjay - 8 years ago
-Phantom- thumbnail
And I am surprised to see so much praise for Mekaal. Because I was about to give his example as to what a hypocrite is. People have forgotten 2nd hum awards where he parodied Karan Johar with Vasay Choudhary. They made fun of BW filmmakers and in the end when Mekaal as Karan Johar was being forcibly taken away and thrown out by guards, Vasay said , "Nikaalo isay bahar, aajatay hain India se aur hamare actors kharab kar detay hain."

Both if them were hosts of the show and throughout made fun of BW. Important to remember that this was after Mekaal had worked in his first BW film which had tanked. So he decided to come back and make fun of BW, and then as soon as he got another offer, flew there on the next flight. THAT's hypocrisy.
starstruckk thumbnail
Didn't Hamza just say something else recently about working Bollywood?

From his open letter on gay marriage:

If i was saying all this to get attention, Alhamdulillah i have plenty of it already and i am happy with it but if i wanted even more, i would have gone to Bollywood instead, which i will never ever do.

Apparently, he'll never ever work in Bollywood?

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Didn't Hamza just say something else recently about working Bollywood?

From his open letter on gay marriage:

If i was saying all this to get attention, Alhamdulillah i have plenty of it already and i am happy with it but if i wanted even more, i would have gone to Bollywood instead, which i will never ever do.

Apparently, he'll never ever work in Bollywood?

Saba Qamar was so right about him "mardon ki meera"
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Emmjay

And I am surprised to see so much praise for Mekaal. Because I was about to give his example as to what a hypocrite is. People have forgotten 2nd hum awards where he parodied Karan Johar with Vasay Choudhary. They made fun of BW filmmakers and in the end when Mekaal as Karan Johar was being forcibly taken away and thrown out by guards, Vasay said , "Nikaalo isay bahar, aajatay hain India se aur hamare actors kharab kar detay hain."

Both if them were hosts of the show and throughout made fun of BW. Important to remember that this was after Mekaal had worked in his first BW film which had tanked. So he decided to come back and make fun of BW, and then as soon as he got another offer, flew there on the next flight. THAT's hypocrisy.

You do realize that Humtv approves the script for their award shows, like any other award show. It's not out of thin air, on the spot..but in fact scripted and everyone behind the camera is involved on everything?  It's an entire process. I guess Humtv is the biggest hypocrite of all since they actually have contracts with various Bollywood companies. And how does a scripted joke portray hypocrisy again? I didn't get to see the entire award show, but what other things did they say? do you mind citing those too? What about the audience that was there laughing? So by your logic, everyone in that award show also displayed hypocrisy by taking part in this joke which is by laughing. Wasn't Hamza there also? Mahira, Fawad, etc?   A scripted joke which the whole world knows about is not the same as your viewpoints on actual matters around you. Apparently the scripted jokes weren't as big of a deal as Hamza's statuses on facebook..otherwise, everyone would have made a point to talk about the former as well.

Also, what Bollywood movie of Mikaal's are you talking about that released around the second Humtv awards?
Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Saba Qamar was so right about him "mardon ki meera"

That quote can be interpreted in so many ways. It could also mean that by going to bollywood, you want extra attention...apparently, Hamza doesn't need any extra attention so he won't do that. This not only contradicts what he said before about being okay with going to Bollywood depending upon x,y,z..but, it can indirectly be taken as a dig at those who have gone to Bollywood.

-Phantom- thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

You do realize that Humtv approves the script for their award shows, like any other award show. It's not out of thin air, on the spot..but in fact scripted and everyone behind the camera is involved on everything?  It's an entire process. I guess Humtv is the biggest hypocrite of all since they actually have contracts with various Bollywood companies. And how does a scripted joke portray hypocrisy again? I didn't get to see the entire award show, but what other things did they say? do you mind citing those too? What about the audience that was there laughing? So by your logic, everyone in that award show also displayed hypocrisy by taking part in this joke which is by laughing. Wasn't Hamza there also? Mahira, Fawad, etc?   A scripted joke which the whole world knows about is not the same as your viewpoints on actual matters around you. Apparently the scripted jokes weren't as big of a deal as Hamza's statuses on facebook..otherwise, everyone would have made a point to talk about the former as well.

Also, what Bollywood movie of Mikaal's are you talking about that released around the second Humtv awards?

Acha, the HUM awards show was scripted. So even if Mekaal played "Karan Dheela", a derogatory name in itself for obvious reasons, it is scripted. But if Hamza works in a movie with girls in bikini because it was the demand of the script and producer/director, he is a hypocrite.

You can argue people like Fawad, Mahira etc are hypocrites because they laughed on those jokes. But then again, it is common knowledge that laughter/applause are usually dubbed over a show. They are not even in sequence. Biggest example is the last HUM awards where Fawad showed up halfway through the show and they showed him arriving and sitting in the beginning when they telecast it on tv. Whereas, Mekaal's dialogs were not dubbed over his face. He said them. And even if Hamza laughed, why is he a hypocrite? Has he worked in a BW movie yet?

About his filmography, wikipedia is your best friend. I actually just found out he has worked in more movies C grade movies.

About the show itself and Mekaal's other comments, again, Youtube is your best friend. Whole show is there.