Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

That's not all, folks

Published: May 17, 2015
0SHARES
Tweet Email
Abbasi will also direct his upcoming film Kambakht. PHOTO: FILE

Abbasi will also direct his upcoming film Kambakht. PHOTO: FILE

LAHORE: Much like Pakistani film star Shaan, Hamza Ali Abbasi has shown intentions of working in a Bollywood film after talking enough about supporting Pakistani cinema and despising item numbers. Abbassi said that he is not against the notion of working in Bollywood films and if approached, he may even consider acting in it, reported Roznama Express.

"If anyone wants to go and work in Bollywood films he should, but he should play a powerful and major part in the movie rather than just appearing in an ordinary role," Abbasi said.

He gave the example of how Fawad Khan made his Bollywood debut with the movie Khoobsurat and played the main lead opposite Sonam Kapoor. The Pyarey Afzal actor discussed how Karan Johar offered Khan a part in his upcoming movie, Kapoor and Sons after watching his performance in Khoobusrat.

Abbasi who was  previously offered a part in the Neeraj Pandey action-thriller Baby said that he had declined the part because of the controversial nature of the film. After that he had been approached for a role in another movie but he turned that offer down because of an unimpressive role.

The actor who will be starring in two Pakistani films - Kambakht and Jawani Phir Nahi Aani - this year stated, "Both of these films are ready for release. Kambakht will also mark my directorial debut and I will also be starring in the movie".

To a question about his political ambitions he replied that, "I don't want a career in politics but if well-educated people run away from politics then nothing good wills ever come out of our country."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xZoyax thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
LETS SEE WHAT TIME HOLDS FOR US.😊
starstruckk thumbnail
Nearly all Pakistani actors say this. 

Hamza working in a Bollywood movie would be something though. I'd look forward to his hourly updates on facebook live from the sets as opposed to the movie. lol

starstruckk thumbnail
On a side note, I found Hamza taking digs at Mikaal for doing Baby pretty classless. It's one thing to say you rejected  so and so role, but to post a thesis on your facebook explaining why and to say that those who'd do such a role should feel ashamed is very idiotic...what was worse is how he instigated thousands and thousands of comments in his favor from his fans...and in the process, unnecessarily brought down another actor. Hamza has too much pride for no reason.

starstruckk thumbnail

I could've sworn Hamza was trying hard not to laugh when the interviewer asked him about why he stepped down from his PTI position...that was so dramatic of him and I'm sure he knows it. lol

I'm still confused about how he thinks item numbers don't reflect women in our society meanwhile the women in his film Jawaani Phir Nahi Aani do? He keeps indirectly nitpicking women doing item numbers...also,  Hamza was a part of Main Hoon Shahid Afridi which had lame item numbers. He keeps missing all the things he's doing in his films yet is quick to judge other performers. Hamza needs to drop this issue already because the more he talks about it..the worse it gets.

On a different note, I love watching Hamza's interviews...apart from his nonsensical rants..he's very articulate and well spoken.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

On a side note, I found Hamza taking digs at Mikaal for doing Baby pretty classless. It's one thing to say you rejected  so and so role, but to post a thesis on your facebook explaining why and to say that those who'd do such a role should feel ashamed is very idiotic...what was worse is how he instigated thousands and thousands of comments in his favor from his fans...and in the process, unnecessarily brought down another actor. Hamza has too much pride for no reason.

I agree. Mikaal had a small role but it was very effective. He looked really hot to boot. 
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

I agree. Mikaal had a small role but it was very effective. He looked really hot to boot. 

What was Mikaal's role exactly? I haven't seen the film...and how was his acting?

TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

What was Mikaal's role exactly? I haven't seen the film...and how was his acting?

He played a Saudi(?) national who works closely with Akshay's team. His role didnt have much scope for acting. 
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

He played a Saudi(?) national who works closely with Akshay's team. His role didnt have much scope for acting. 

Saudi Aldara.
And I agree his role was effective and he made his presence felt in the movie.