Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Lol I know. It's only here I hear how Anushka is apparently this MEGA STAR. Whatever press she got recently was because of Virat and the opening of NH10 is a massive proof of this. Their relationship was all over before the release and people were super curious. I legit have never heard anyone talk about Anushka before Virat, not in my immediate circle at least. 
Exactly, NH10 did good for her but Piku stole her thunder in a major way given how Deepika is much bigger than her. It's only on IF I hear how Anushka is the top star etc while in real life, everyone is like who? Oh, Kohli's girlfriend?
πŸ˜† Also, it has been seven years since she's in the industry and I hear about how every year is going to be her year except it never happens lol. 

That is not an argument at all.

Kohli is way bigger than anything or anyone BW. The whole country knows him while same cannot be said of the BW stars( Anushka's gen I mean). So obviously he will make the headlines more. Do you think Deepika or anyone else would be in the news more had they been in place of Anushka??

So now if TWMR does well, Kangana will steal DP's thunder too??

Lastly if her relationship with Kohli helped NH10, then cant the same be said for every other actress at present. Deepika with Ranveer and Ranbir, not to mention her infamous video etc.??

And no Anushka is not a Mega Star. She is far from it. But yeah she is at the top. And others can exist at the top along with her.
Edited by -Arsal- - 9 years ago
Anushka hasn't done that many commercial film either. She may not have a super year (2013) like Deepika but she has done reasonably well. If u consider their filmography Anu tho junior to deepika has a more consistent graph-rnbdj, patiala house, bbb, matru, jthj, pk, nh10, bv not a bad resume considering most were hits.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anyway this has deviated from the topic way too much.

Can we get back to Varun, Sid and Aditya??
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Inspite of being this MEGA star on IF she has only one film signed up as a supporting role(?). πŸ˜†And hasnt seen been shooting for the past one year atleast. Only thing she has done is follow Virat around. She gives me strong Preity Zinta vibes. Will end up sacrificing her career too soon due to lack of focus.

She is IF ka superstar lol. Matlab I like Ranveer myself as you know but I am nowhere delusional enough to actually believe that Ranveer is half as popular as Ranbir.
This forum is crazy delusional and I love how non-Indians always seem to know the most about the scenario in India lol.
πŸ˜† Pata nahi, I don't think she would go down that road. Preity is a special kind of cray lol and she didn't even marry someone influential or comparatively non-problematic like Rani did. Sad case. 

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

@Roger: I agree like I said on paper. How these films will turn out only time will tell. Sometimes big movies fail and small innocuous ones race ahead case in point piku and bv πŸ˜† but we can always contemplate right? Sid's platter doesn't look bad at all. Yes they are 2 hero films but if his role is good and he performs well, he'll get the deserving credit. Whereas a bad solo film will dent him, atleast in a 2 hero film the blame can be shared and more often then the senior takes the blame. 

Varun is a industry kid his dad is a huge commercially successful director, he gets good advice from his dad and industry people whereas Sid's only adviser is Kjo. So Varun's choice of films will be better atleast commercially. However only time will tell who among these newcomers will have a long successful career. Luck also plays an imp factor. 

Ark is a mystery. Doesn't he consult Srk? Tbh I never thot highly of him but he has done well and enjoys good fanbase. 
Sushant is the outsider so his chances are limited. Hope the dinoo vijan film works out.

Of course..Since Varun and Alia are star kids, they understand the industry better..Varun can afford to stay away from Karan's clique but Sid cannot..No denying that..But in general, Varun seems like a very smart guy who knows what he is doing..

Oh ARK lacks ambition..He is very laidback & i don even think he has a proper PR..Dude din even bother to cash in on the success of A2 & YJHD..One weird guy πŸ˜†
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

@Roger: I agree like I said on paper. How these films will turn out only time will tell. Sometimes big movies fail and small innocuous ones race ahead case in point piku and bv πŸ˜† but we can always contemplate right? Sid's platter doesn't look bad at all. Yes they are 2 hero films but if his role is good and he performs well, he'll get the deserving credit. Whereas a bad solo film will dent him, atleast in a 2 hero film the blame can be shared and more often then the senior takes the blame. 

Varun is a industry kid his dad is a huge commercially successful director, he gets good advice from his dad and industry people whereas Sid's only adviser is Kjo. So Varun's choice of films will be better atleast commercially. However only time will tell who among these newcomers will have a long successful career. Luck also plays an imp factor. 

Ark is a mystery. Doesn't he consult Srk? Tbh I never thot highly of him but he has done well and enjoys good fanbase. 
Sushant is the outsider so his chances are limited. Hope the dinoo vijan film works out.

Yes, commercially Varun lineup is better than the others.

But it is extremely bad looking at other factors. Not one quality director neither a single odd movie (potential wise). ABCD, Dilwale, His brothers and fathers next all are the same.

While for others, the movies sound really good and their BO prospects are great as well. Fitoor, Brothers, Excel's next and intouchables can be real solid at the BO.

@ bold. Really??😲 This is the first time I am hearing that.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Star_girl

She is IF ka superstar lol. Matlab I like Ranveer myself as you know but I am nowhere delusional enough to actually believe that Ranveer is half as popular as Ranbir.
This forum is crazy delusional and I love how non-Indians always seem to know the most about the scenario in India lol.
πŸ˜† Pata nahi, I don't think she would go down that road. Preity is a special kind of cray lol and she didn't even marry someone influential or comparatively non-problematic like Rani did. Sad case. 

Yeah man! We are told what is working and will work here in India. And if things dont go as predicted how we dont have the smartness to appreciate the right stuff.
PZ is a different case as in her drug problems...but similarity is lack of focus.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Yes, commercially Varun lineup is better than the others.

But it is extremely bad looking at other factors. Not one quality director neither a single odd movie (potential wise). ABCD, Dilwale, His brothers and fathers next all are the same.

While for others, the movies sound really good and their BO prospects are great as well. Fitoor, Brothers, Excel's next and intouchables can be real solid at the BO.

@ bold. Really??😲 This is the first time I am hearing that.

She is talking about ARK's brother Siddharth Roy Kapur who heads UTV.
TheRager thumbnail
Nothing succeeds like success honestly. A 100cr superhit film where you have a prominent role >>> 5 20cr films with great directors. 
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

She is talking about ARK's brother Siddharth Roy Kapur who heads UTV.

πŸ˜†

But SRK is kind of reserved for Shahrukh, isnt it.