Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
deepika.shoojit, anupam, jishu
in kolkata 

Edited by kimi484 - 8 years ago
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
What is the lifetime collection? Any update? Hit or Superhit tag?
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Thank you @t2telegraph for a wonderful evening. Celebrating the magic of #Piku @Jisshusengupta

kimi484 thumbnail
double post 
Edited by kimi484 - 8 years ago
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
she is so gorgeous
Edited by nonam - 8 years ago
kimi484 thumbnail
Piku' a big hit in Poland

Bollywood film starring Deepika Padukone, Amitabh Bachchan and Irrfan Khan opens new doors

The worldwide success of Shoojit Sircar's Piku now has Poland within its ambit. The film has been a runaway success in the Polish capital Warsaw since its May 20 release.

It will soon be screened in other major Polish cities such as Krakow, Lodz, Lublin, Wroclaw and Poznan.

"Poland is not only a market for Bollywood masala movies, but Polish film buffs are keen on serious and clean movies such as Piku," said Anuj Sharma, president of Images and Worlds company.

"Piku has opened a new chapter in Poland. We in Poland want to see creative films like this one. It is a wonderful and light-hearted comedy and allows us to keep pace with the latest trends in Bollywood productions," Janusz Krzyzowski, president of the India-Poland Cultural Committee, said.

Krzyzowski has seen more than 200 Bollywood films and has also translated Bollywood songs into Polish with the help of Urdu poet Surender Zahid.

"The heroine, Deepika Padukone has impressed me tremendously. I feel very close to her as she has invoked a fatherly affection in me. I feel like adopting her and I am sure many serious people in the world must have felt for her in the same way. No wonder if people have started calling her Deepiku," said Boguslaw Zakrewski, an Indophile and a former Polish ambassador to Thailand, Portugal and Brazil.

"A simple human story with many nuances. Amitabh Bachchan is simply superb and he is much better as an actor these days in his offbeat movies compared to earlier action films. The man has the potential to be compared with any world class actor," Mariusz Krasniewski, a lecturer at the Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures, said.

Yash Raj Films had also released Rani Mukherjee's film Mardani in the country. Mukherjee especially came for its premiere in January and the movie was well-received by Polish fans.

The craze for Bollywood films began a decade ago when in November 2004, Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi, Khabhi Gham was shown with Polish subtitles. Shah Rukh Khan became a household name in no time and his posters were sold in the thousands.

Since then, Bollywood films have become a routine subject of discussion for Polish people, particularly among the young crowd. For them, India is an exotic destination.

kimi484 thumbnail

How Shoojit Sircar made Anupam Roy sing Piku songs

Anupam Roy is the latest Bengali musician to join the Bollywood bandwagon. His songs, Bezubaan and Journey Song from Shoojit Sircar's Piku, are still ruling the charts and congratulatory messages haven't stopped pouring in. However, Anupam isn't among the ones who get carried away by the ripples of success. Instead, he looks relaxed. Anupam who is already busy with a number of Bengali projects, spoke to HT on music, Shoojit Sircar, Bollywood and more:

What's the best compliment you have received so far for Piku?
(Smiles) Music direction is teamwork. When Shoojit da (director Shoojit Sircar) approved both the songs, Bezubaan and Journey Song, I guess that was the biggest moment of my life. He told me a year ago that he would be using both the songs in Piku. So I was excited from the day my songs were approved. Later, when Bishwadeep da (Chatterjee, sound designer) was doing the final song designing for the film, he said he really liked my compositions. Juhi Chaturvedi, who wrote the script, said that the music was going with the flow of the story. I really felt happy when the entire team showed its confidence in me.

You must have felt special when both Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Bachchan praised your work?
Yes I did. I finally felt relieved, when the audiences watched the film and loved it. (Smiles) I started getting calls and messages on my mobile and social networking sites saying that the film and its music have touched the hearts of the people. Bezubaan and Journey Song became successful even before the film released. These songs have a long shelf life and the music companies too were happy with the success of the songs. The success of the background score was the icing on the cake. When the background music got appreciated, it brought a smile on my face.

After composing a song, how do you decide if to sing or not to sing that song? 
In Bengali films, since I also write the lyrics, there are certain songs, which I get emotionally and personally attached to. There are a few songs, which I had written long ago, and I know the situation during that phase. I am the best person to understand and emote the feelings in the song. Shoojit da had told me to follow my signature style in Piku too. He said, do whatever you do in Bengali films. I try to play according to my strengths, which are melody and lyrics. I won't do anything that I am not comfortable with, just like I won't wear clothes that I don't like.

And what made you sing all the songs of Piku?
(Cuts in) I wasn't so confident. I thought one out of five songs would be used in the film. I am not an established name in Bollywood and hence I can't call the shots. In Kolkata, I have proved myself and am in a position in the industry where directors and producers easily listen to me. It was Shoojit da, who made me sing all the songs of Piku. I was looking for a number of male singers to do the playback songs. Shoojit da and I argued a lot and eventually he made me sing my compositions. This is one fight I loved to lose.

Now that you have made your big Bollywood debut, are you bonding with other music directors from the industry?
I bonded well with Amal Mallik (music director of Roy). Pritam da and Jeet da (Jeet Gannguli) also showed their support. Back home, Anindya da (Anindya Chattopadhyay, frontman of Bangla band Chandrabindoo), Upal da (vocalist of Chandrabindoo) and Debu da (Debojyoti Mishra) are happy with my success.

Are you considering Bollywood seriously now?
I haven't got any new offer from Bollywood yet. (Smiles) I will continue composing for the Bengali films. Family Album has just released and the songs are doing well. Bela Seshe is going strong at the theatres. I am busy with the music of Raj Chakraborty's Kath Mundu, Abir Sengupta's Jomer Raja Dilo Bor, Atanu Bose's Black Coffee and Pratim D Gupta's Saheb Bibi Golaam.

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
taran adarsh @taran_adarsh Jun 5

#Piku [Week 4] collected 3.55 cr. Grand total: 78.63 cr. India biz. SUPER HIT.

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@SrBachchan @ShoojitSircar with President of India #PranabMukherjee at special screening of PIKU movie, Proud of you

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

T 990 - @SrBachchan sir with President of India Pranab Mukharjee for special screening of #PIKU movie. @PikuTheFilm

Retweet
Favorite
More
Embedded image permalink

EDIT

Can't post more due to restriction

@SrBachchan congratulations sir! proud moment it must have been! @PikuTheFilm

Edited by BornWithASmirk - 8 years ago