Will we not see movies like Piku, EV, Kahani in cinemas anymore?

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

The fate has been sealed it seems..action is all what is being accepted in cinema

One spy movie after another with actresses doing the same..literally the same thing..deepika dancing in bikini on 25th Jan 2023 and on 25th Jan 2024 literally doing the same but with a different guy

What does that even leave for cinema lovers who love watching thrillers or a good slice of life kinda movie..what about going to cinemas to see movies like English Vingish, Kahani, Piku..all so well accepted with such great acting and feel to it..all so different and offering something new..would they only be limited to being watched at home on netflix now..or the trend will change anytime soon? 

Do you personally enjoy these and would you go to cinemas to watch such movies? or you feel these too are best to watch at home on OTT? Whats your take?

Edited by cougarTown - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Trends always change, in 2/3 years something else could work 

But watching movies at home is easier no matter which film 

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Correct

Testosterone = Theatrical Experience 

Estrogen = Enjoy at Home 

Signed,

BoxOfficeIndia

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: cougarTown

The fate has been sealed it seems..action is all what is being accepted in cinema

One spy movie after another with actresses doing the same..literally the same thing..deepika dancing in bikini on 25th Jan 2023 and on 25th Jan 2024 literally doing the same but with a different guy

What does that even leave for cinema lovers who love watching thrillers or a good slice of life kinda movie..what about going to cinemas to see movies like English Vingish, Kahani, Piku..all so well accepted with such great acting and feel to it..all so different and offering something new..would they only be limited to being watched at home on netflix now..or the trend will change anytime soon? 

Do you personally enjoy these and would you go to cinemas to watch such movies? or you feel these too are best to watch at home on OTT? Whats your take?

Not all movies will make 500Cr+ India and 1000 cr worldwide 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

Not all movies will make 500Cr+ India and 1000 cr worldwide 

But none are even making in the 50-60cr range as well which these movies earlier would..thats what is leading to complete shift..such movies are not finding any takers in cinema..i mean movies like sukhi, neeyat etc are now opening in lacs and doing lifetime under 5cr..earlier a piku made 80cr..EV made 45..kahani made 60

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I watched BM, PV in theatres because the set was grand. But with Piku, EV and Kahani I watched it at home. I love to watch thrillers, comedy and reality type of movies at home. But yes actresses are scared of flop movies. That is why some of them are signing these bikini show movies. When chhapaak flopped, I think dp signed these roles like project x and hrithik movie. I rather want to see hrithik in a good film again, fighter not released yet but it does not look like the type of hrithik movie I like to watch. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Covid ke baad public shyaani ho gayeliy. Unke ticket ka paisa vasool honga toh theater jayengi. Warna Netflix and Chill smiley16

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

The thing with Bollywood is that no trend is permanent.

BW has a tendency of overdoing a trend, whenever something starts to work.. until it reaches a saturation point. (whether it is romance, family dramas, action or anything) This has happened multiple times in the past.

Theatrical releases will just need to be made on a large scale. They don´t all have to action films.

A good family drama like Dil Dhadakane Do will still work today, because of its large scale.

In 2023 itself, Fukrey 3 and Dream Girl 2 did well. Barbie made a lot of money in India too, so we can´t say that only actions film will work in the theatres.

Films like Piku may not work in the theater, but it will definitely find its audience on OTT.  And OTT is not a bad thing. At least different kind of films will continue to be made, instead of not being made at all.

What's eventually going to get over eventually is the era of superstardomsmiley20, once Khans retire.

Salman and Aamir had a few rough years but they will bounce back just like SRK.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: diasingh2

The thing with Bollywood is that no trend is permanent.

BW has a tendency of overdoing a trend, whenever something starts to work.. until it reaches a saturation point. (whether it is romance, family dramas, action or anything) This has happened multiple times in the past.

Theatrical releases will just need to be made on a large scale. They don´t all have to action films.

A good family drama like Dil Dhadakane Do will still work today, because of its large scale.

In 2023 itself, Fukrey 3 and Dream Girl 2 did well. Barbie made a lot of money in India too, so we can´t say that only actions film will work in the theatres.

Films like Piku may not work in the theater, but it will definitely find its audience on OTT.  And OTT is not a bad thing. At least different kind of films will continue to be made, instead of not being made at all.

What's eventually going to get over eventually is the era of superstardomsmiley20, once Khans retire.

Salman and Aamir had a few rough years but they will bounce back just like SRK.

that DDD movie would've flopped at any decade lol  I tried watch it and within few minutes get turned off by overacting haha

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Terenaina

that DDD movie would've flopped at any decade lol  I tried watch it and within few minutes get turned off by overacting haha

Yeah a "flop" film with 1 Billion world wide gross.... smiley29

LMAOsmiley36