Software Symphonies 19 "To step on" on 137 - Page 36

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Anu read all your reviews
will respond ASAP

i have a strange feeling i might finish this thread today .. 3 updates  in a morning is like santa came early ... i am rereading turning point tooo good di ni yenakku response kodukanum nnu ellai just your writing is enough Heart
you know the first thing i have to do, its close to 2 hours at work i need to grab water LOL
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Vibhuti
EXACTLY DO whats right for YOU. I probably sound like Deepika Padukone, preachy and all... but I wont advice you to go nude and cheat on your husband. Thats her expertise solely

I am not too thrilled about 16 year olds dating. My female/friend coworker her oldest girl got "Asked out" for Sophomore prom (10th grade), a 11th grade boy asked her, she ordered a $300 dress from Nordstrom's and the kid had her hair professionally coiffured (Whatever that is). She gently mocks me "U wont let ur son date?" "U know they dont have sex, its all just a night of partying and dancing"

"BEING ASKED" is a big deal I was told... she is dating the 11th grader now. My husband and I are VERY FIRM. I tell my 16 year old all the time "U want to exchange saliva, donate sperm, do it when u live on your own. NOT ON MY DIME"Big smile

Older one... I dont have to worry but 7 year old... I fear </font>

bold Clap
my son in 6th grade keeps talking this one has a a crush that girl is dating i go seriously.

We have the same rules ... i told him luckily ,for now he thinks that indians dont do such things .
And honestly like you said its so much worse for girls , i fear so much for my girl who is a tomboy loving horses and lives in her minion world middle school is really bad for girls .

Call me old fashioned. I vote for gals like Kashap from ZGH. Who are level headed, confident and realastic. I am not ok to wear skin revealing outfits and reach home in the midnight in the name of independent and modern. It is not my cup of tea.

Anu

My 16 year old is actually a 80 year old man. He is very very grounded. He watches cheesy scenes and rolls his eyes or will say "Somebody PLEASE KILL ME"
He hasnt brought ONE juicy tid bit home from school about any girl or anything. Thats not to say he doesnt TALK about it with his nerdy friends. I BET HE DOES

BUT... he is extremely eager to please his parents so I think that trumps everything for him

But my 7 year old? Already I have heard the word "love" a million times from him... "I love her as a FRIEND" yeh baat zindagi mein PEHLI baar uske mooh se suna. Wonder what does that say about me? I lived in a cave? or elementary school in 2015 is not what it was 10 years ago?

Carol, my coworker friend says the exact same thing about middle school. I AM SHOCKED you say it too. I cant even recall my oldest's middle school years... just cant

Originally posted by putti77

Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Vibhuti
EXACTLY DO whats right for YOU. I probably sound like Deepika Padukone, preachy and all... but I wont advice you to go nude and cheat on your husband. Thats her expertise solely

I am not too thrilled about 16 year olds dating. My female/friend coworker her oldest girl got "Asked out" for Sophomore prom (10th grade), a 11th grade boy asked her, she ordered a $300 dress from Nordstrom's and the kid had her hair professionally coiffured (Whatever that is). She gently mocks me "U wont let ur son date?" "U know they dont have sex, its all just a night of partying and dancing"

"BEING ASKED" is a big deal I was told... she is dating the 11th grader now. My husband and I are VERY FIRM. I tell my 16 year old all the time "U want to exchange saliva, donate sperm, do it when u live on your own. NOT ON MY DIME"Big smile

Older one... I dont have to worry but 7 year old... I fear </font>

bold Clap
my son in 6th grade keeps talking this one has a a crush that girl is dating i go seriously.

We have the same rules ... i told him luckily ,for now he thinks that indians dont do such things .
And honestly like you said its so much worse for girls , i fear so much for my girl who is a tomboy loving horses and lives in her minion world middle school is really bad for girls .

Call me old fashioned. I vote for gals like Kashap from ZGH. Who are level headed, confident and realastic. I am not ok to wear skin revealing outfits and reach home in the midnight in the name of independent and modern. It is not my cup of tea.

its not old fashioned its what every house with values will do even now.. whether they are white,brown,black all houses with values say the same unfortunately nowadays teenagers come with this cocky confidence and sense of entitlement which makes them do weird things.
But i know tons and tons of girls in US/India doing extremely well in academics and everything else wearing appropriate clothes not dating but having friends , they exist but then there is the other side too all the opposite ..
we just have to give girls better role models ..

Anu

My 16 year old is actually a 80 year old man. He is very very grounded. He watches cheesy scenes and rolls his eyes or will say "Somebody PLEASE KILL ME"
He hasnt brought ONE juicy tid bit home from school about any girl or anything. Thats not to say he doesnt TALK about it with his nerdy friends. I BET HE DOES

BUT... he is extremely eager to please his parents so I think that trumps everything for him

But my 7 year old? Already I have heard the word "love" a million times from him... "I love her as a FRIEND" yeh baat zindagi mein PEHLI baar uske mooh se suna. Wonder what does that say about me? I lived in a cave? or elementary school in 2015 is not what it was 10 years ago?

Carol, my coworker friend says the exact same thing about middle school. I AM SHOCKED you say it too. I cant even recall my oldest's middle school years... just cant

Here in Canada we are a bit tame. But of course sab kuchch hota hai yahan bhi...you constantly live in fear that your kids don't go the other way. In fact in Vancouver more than 100 young south Asian kids have actually become victim of gang violence...it's pretty scary. BC BUD is apparently rea
Lu sought after in the international market! 
On the topic of schools, we are now changin to simply elementary and high, eliminating the middle school bit. They are in Elle entry until 7 and then high from 8 onwards. The transition is sometimes very tough for them...

Thankfully my girls have sailed through. My older one seems. A little like your 16. I sometimes wonder whether she is normal, with all Thai talk about dating and party buses all around...she is at home with her books...AIYOOO
The younger one totally different story...BINDAAS! Wants to go to some friends house every day, makes mothers call me for permission ! 

Anu

WELL SAID

Its like the tide has turned, we almost have to be embarrassed now to say we dont approve of "dating" like we are molesting a child or something

In all this rabid "modernity = senseless sex" era trying to be normal is labelled conservative.
What the hell is "dating" anyway

Can someone explain to me?

Sex included?

Or only kissing?

Or
1, 2nd and 3rd base? and no home run?

Or
Purely platonic friendship with a strong sexual attraction

THANKS

OMG! Tara, u must be my soul sister then, our kids are SO ALIKE?
Yep my 7 yr old is this way... well meet someone for the first or second time, or even at the Indian store, I will start chatting (ya its like 1960s America in my town, you spot a Desi u start talking its like spotting the Bengal Tiger in Ranthambore) the boys will chase each other around the store for 20 or 30 minutes and then when its time to go my 7 yr old will ask "SO? Can I have a sleep over with him?"

KAHIN BHI KABHI BHI usko sleepover chahiye, bus APNA GHAR aur APNA bistar nahi

OMG on the eliminating middle school, Carol at work is a Catholic she spends around $30k a year in putting them through Catholic schools, she said they go from Elem to High directly. Public school system has middle schools in my state

"Middle school is terrifying if I recall" were her words

I am baffled
Edited by Nisha0604 - 7 years ago
Hi read all the chapters without break day and night... OMG what u write. I have become one of ur greatest fan... Infact I am not satisfied and planning to read once again... Thanks for this story, seriously u r a superb writer...