Software Symphonies 18 Democracy & Heels on 150 - Page 90

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Brilliant catch I completely forgot. Appa is TOTALLY like Bala so maybe thats why he loves Bala

Appa went as far as NOT wanting a second one because he had to care for Periappa. Even though Amma was also a working woman, atleast Bala is willing to try for a second one
Husband frequently go overboard for their families.
When wives do they are labelled "bad bahus who only cares about maayka"
Thanks for pointing out something I clearly missed

Totally totally agree about appa and Bala. I felt that too when appa and Bala bonded in the hospital and Appa refused to talk for Vandu's break. Smile

Originally posted by ishruhi

bhallas took the best choice..whatever flaws II has DII knows how to correct those...each of her visits to DII is making her bond with MM stronger...

What a lovely line
SO TRUE
Every visit makes her realize where she errs, she has never paid any attention to what Akka went through in her initial years, she was in LSR doing BCom then went off to IIM then doing CPA on the side... she never really sat down and observed and listened to Akka's joint family woes

She loved and adored Shravu but stayed disconnected from everything else

she is a topper in everything except relationships

DII will be a learning ground, u are right

They are all good people... with occasional shades of grey...

Originally posted by srividyamouli

Lovely updates...the exchanges between Vandhu and II and Amma and II imparting life's wisdom learnt by living...each trying to deal with problems  varying with time and folks involved to the commonality of it...i would definitely have suggested my daughter (i dont have one) to read...
What i love is the way each of your characters be it R& B Sam, Tan Ranjan , Amma, Shravu  Vandhu and even Lil Lasya each seems to further the relationship and deepen II's understanding...
As a teenager i used to read a tamil story in Ananda Vikatan spanning many generations aptly titled Paalangal or bridges...the generation divide...today each of the characters so steeped in their values and beliefs each varying in their style...it makes So SY a lesson in life to savour ...Thank you Nisha for the great variety you offer us your readers...

What a tremendous compliment Srividya I am absolutely honored, I have not read Paalangal, my Amma has I bet, she has a tendency to gush and talk about stories that touch her deeply, maybe that rubbed off on me and translated into my story telling skills.Amma's narrative about her own growing up years were a mesmerizing account of life in a small town in Tamil Nadu, many summer afternoons were spent listening to them. From her description of school uniform to her description of kaal aana and oru aana(quarter and one cent), Malaikottai uchi pillayar (Rockfort temple) and Tamil cinema in keethu kottai (palm frond shack) visits to Sreerangam for Vaikuntha Ekadashi.. it was a breathtakingly beautiful journey  traversing decades and a town measly 10? 20? square miles in areaClap

We have listened to the same things a million times "amma ada tiruppi sollu ma" "amma why dont u repeat for us how you went to your Chandru Anna's (Mama to us) wedding"Day Dreaming

She is the greatest story teller I have known

I am happy to bring a piece of her for you...

Edited by Nisha0604 - 7 years ago
i know this sounds insatiable.but we will get another one around 10 IST?you had once offered a lasya part...sorry to be this much irritating.but your story makes us so Embarrassed
Finally here lovely lovely * infinity these DIi updates are Clap
IHeartvandu and amma in these updates you have really brought out the true strength of middle class wives . I was misty eyed ,every single line I could connect so perfect..
And II is growing up now this is such a lovely depiction honestly I was clueless too only after some years I truly realized how much my mom did ..Or how my aunt lived so happily in that 3 room apartment in Mumbai 

And nisha my mom is from trichy Svs + src college ,from my grand moms house I could see malaikotai, every summer we split our time between trichy and  kumbakonam!!!
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Originally posted by blue5sky

IF ate my reply!

Beautiful Nisha!! True coming of age experience her marriage is turning out to be for II.

Loved Vandu' s strength. 

Loved your portrayal of Vandu as a woman with desires and wishes. Very few things are as demanding as care giving is. Especially when it is a result directly attributable to lack of empathy from part of her husbands  family. So much honesty from her - awe inspiring.

I hope II learns to confront the right things in her life. I loved Vandu pointing to II that she was an equal partner in the relationship - she wanted the marriage as much as RnB did!

Both the sisters have financial woes - Vandu a prisoner of expectations , limited supply and extended needs and II's woes self inflicted!

Looking forward to see how the two are going to learn from each other or support each other!
You Nisha deserve Clap for making all these characters gracious and grumpy, subtle and blatant all in one go. All of them have shades! like Monet Embarrassed

What a fantastic description. I read it three times already

THANKS SO MUCH Asma
You are right lack of empathy... Bala cares but only so much, he is selfish, he wants his parents not to be abandoned, he would rather have his 37 year old risky pregnancy wife care for them
She doesnt feel jealousy for what Sam has but wishes she has SOME Things atleast, if there was no Thatha Pati (in laws) she can have that bedroom, she can cook meals for "Her 4"

R&B? is the other extreme... he doesnt care for his own DadShocked

Heart Love it WHEN i hear from you! 

I write about what touched me and as it is for most people emotions do. 

Loved the latest one too.

Amma's wisdom Thumbs Up

RnB and II - well glad he saw her as ' Rakshasi' She is that isn't she? She touched a raw nerve and he blasted it somehow feels like a layer has come off and they have moved a step ahead! 
@ Blue Thank you my dear! For all that this story has been. I think for the first time in my life i'm reading fiction without the option of reading the last page mid way Wink and relishing every step.

Edited by blue5sky - 7 years ago
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Finally here lovely lovely * infinity these DIi updates are Clap
IHeartvandu and amma in these updates you have really brought out the true strength of middle class wives . I was misty eyed ,every single line I could connect so perfect..
And II is growing up now this is such a lovely depiction honestly I was clueless too only after some years I truly realized how much my mom did ..Or how my aunt lived so happily in that 3 room apartment in Mumbai 

And nisha my mom is from trichy Svs + src college ,from my grand moms house I could see malaikotai, every summer we split our time between trichy and  kumbakonam!!!

You bring back memories my dear..

I remember running up those steps on a hot summer evening once in my life time and watching with awe an 82 year old thatha breaking 108 coconuts for his grandson that recovered from an accident in the LA who had not met that thatha even once in his life!

The charm of simple life Embarrassed.

OK guys coffee break done! Got to go! 
This place feels like HOME NOW!! Cool

Love the path the story is taking and those little gems of yours tucked away in every update !!
Particularly as an Iyer, iam thriving on the language though i dont get it to practise it as much as I would like to here in Pune. Kochindaalum, konjinaalum idu daan...how practical and what an eye opener to a newly wed " modern married girl" .

I might be one of the oldest members of your forum, but am thriving on the lovely updates, the lively exchanges amongst the members and your die hard energy churning out updates every day.

God bless and keep at it Nisha !