Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I guess I have lots to say about the previous updates but I am not able to coherently put my thoughts down...
II behaving like a typical "Appa kuzhandai"..I can sooo see myself in the same position...I wouldnt argue for how II expects R&B to be with Ranjan...But, R&B 's caustic comment there was the issue.. These days, with soo much chellam at home specially by dad's , our tolerance level has gone down to a great extent...The concept of "I am independent...I dont need you" is one thing...Also, the girl's dad support is another thing like "She is the princess of this house..How dare u say something / treat her this way???" All this makes it easy for the girl's to come back to their parent's house --- a luxury which our mom's didn't have...This difference is clearly seen in the way Vanditha (amma chellam) and II behave... I am able to see the mistake when it comes to the character, but I guess I will also behave like II only when my turn comes...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 

Other thing is Amma's polite sermon...After vanditha's agressive speech, I guess she was in the mood to listen to Amma...In general whenever my mom starts saying "pogara aathula adjust pannikanum...", I would cut her saying "Ennala athellam mudiyathu..neenga antha kalathula pannel...athu ippo othu varathu..." But the same thing coming from Vanditha who is in the same generation made her open to amma's words...and amma's saying "adinchundalum konjinalum it is the same place" --- That was the ultimate line , every married person should feel I guess...Just perfect...

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Await the morning update as well after the awesome pieces yesterday...after amma and Akka combo now it is Dad and Rahshashan's turn to tease the RAKSHASHI...it was so cute R&B and II really like to gain supremacy overthe other and the novelty in each 😊the authors amazing creation...i can the morning prayer call in my neighbourhood (no more bird call ushered morns)
nividances thumbnail
Nisha: I was wondering if we could have II and R&B just go out for a casual date one day. They haven't had a laid-back day out in quite a while; the last one I remember is when they went shopping in Paris towards the end of their honeymoon. I was speaking earlier today to my aunt who lives in Gurgaon and she was telling me about her shopping excursions to Sarojini Nagar and Chandi Chowk last week. I miss Delhi! I went and wasted an hour looking through old pictures after that phone call...so much nostalgia. πŸ˜­
I'd love for II-R&B to have a casual date around Delhi, perhaps one evening where II gets off early from work and the dude is also free? I remember visiting Safdarjung tomb one evening during my last trip to India and the place was just so quiet and tranquil since there were only a few people there. It was a nice place to just lounge around on the grass, relax for a bit, and enjoy some butterscotch ice cream (my absolute favorite πŸ˜ƒ, but I haven't been able to find it here in the States πŸ˜”).
swathi1990 thumbnail
Overall in II's expectation, all I see is her desperate attempts to fit her new family amongst her maayka...She wants appa to treat R&B the same way as Bala...She wants a family same as vandu has, where all in-laws are together and the relationships are healthy (atleast from outside)..Basically she wants her life to be as close to a typical Iyer family --- or to say her family...
swathi1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Nisha: I was wondering if we could have II and R&B just go out for a casual date one day. They haven't had a laid-back day out in quite a while; the last one I remember is when they went shopping in Paris towards the end of their honeymoon. I was speaking earlier today to my aunt who lives in Gurgaon and she was telling me about her shopping excursions to Sarojini Nagar and Chandi Chowk last week. I miss Delhi! I went and wasted an hour looking through old pictures after that phone call...so much nostalgia. πŸ˜­

I'd love for II-R&B to have a casual date around Delhi, perhaps one evening where II gets off early from work and the dude is also free? I remember visiting Safdarjung tomb one evening during my last trip to India and the place was just so quiet and tranquil since there were only a few people there. It was a nice place to just lounge around on the grass, relax for a bit, and enjoy some butterscotch ice cream (my absolute favorite πŸ˜ƒ, but I haven't been able to find it here in the States πŸ˜”).

That would be great..and wat happened to the trek they were planning ?
nividances thumbnail
Divashni is a bit busy today so she asked me to post the following pictures on her behalf (I was told that she has been appointed as II's official stylist by the SoSy gang πŸ˜†).

What II can wear on the date that I requested above. #StyledByDivashni πŸ˜›

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello everyone, back from work and all ready to see what Nisha doles out for poor souls such as us. So many unresolved issues. I was reading a couple of purana updates and haven't still understood why RB didn't talk to II right after their engagement. Remember how she ran away to Jaipur because the dude didn't bother to call or even invite her...I wonder why he did that...is there something I missed or am being too dense. The only conclusion  I can come to is that he perhaps wanted to rile her or that he genuinely did have the time or didn't think much of it...
Also please please Nisha I really want II to do something special for RbB for his birthday. Ever since that absolutely brilliant update in which Ranjan talks about how savvy used to spoil RbB for his birthday I have been imagining a super special 31st for him.. She certainly can't buy things for him considering her financial status but kuchch to special kar hi SAKTI hai...

And all this talk about becoming Sam wanting to be a bua , Akkad baby,  procreation general baby talk is so certainly giving me the FEEL. 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sorry you guys I JUST  back from work, next Chapter will be posted at 8:00 AM IST/10:00 PM EST

I sound like US TV shows now

They always say  "10 Eastern 9 Pacific"

Mera time zone to kisi ginti mein nahi aata khair
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Nivi I read your comment before the movie started, about "how life is like driving through an unknown area at night, without a GPS, we can only "see and do" whatever happens to be in our line of vision"
We dont know if there are rose farms, or dry desert with tumbleweed, we dont know when we will run out of gas, yes we can "estimate"
We dont know what happens when we make a right or left turn"

Its the most startling analogy to life I have read in recent times

You seem to have used it for II

I believe it applies to every human being

We just have no clue when a 200 lbs deer or moose or a bear will cross our paths, or drunk driver driving the wrong way

Fantastic!!!

All we see is whats lit up by the head light.
I think it will take me a while to internalize that comment, I am going to replay it in the context of my own life and wonder what appeared on both sides as I drove in my 20s vs 30s or what could have happened if I turned West instead of East.

I am absolutely impressed
If your dude is an R&B you are DEFINITELY an II
You will have some fabulous discussions

Wow, you went into that a lot more deeply than I had even intended to, although I absolutely agree. While writing the original comment I was merely thinking from II's perspective, but yes what I said is most certainly true in a larger context as you pointed out. 

@bold: I'm truly flattered that you think of me so highly. πŸ˜³ 
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishruhi

will you post this in arya's thread?

I will sit down one day (just not today πŸ˜†) and post all the SoSy inspired poems into that thread. Pakka promise. πŸ˜Š You have every right to remind me if I forget. πŸ˜³