Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Sorry you guys I JUST back from work, next Chapter will be posted at 8:00 AM IST/10:00 PM EST

I sound like US TV shows now

They always say "10 Eastern 9 Pacific"

Mera time zone to kisi ginti mein nahi aata khair

so i can read that only afternoon...have to go now...no problem...will catch up after coming back...
nividances thumbnail
This comment is so delayed, but I was just reminded by taramira's comment of something that had run through my mind when I first read "Ghevar & Zevar" a few days ago. 

The whole conversation between II and Ranjan was so poignant and emotional. When Ranjan spoke about milestone birthdays though (the 21st in particular) and how Savita celebrated them in a special way, I was completely taken aback. The coincidence is huge actually, as my mom celebrated my 21st in almost the exact same way. There was a huge box, with 21 individually wrapped gifts inside, all of which my mom had made herself, from methi mathris (which I love to snack on while I study) to earrings, bracelets, room decorations, and a gorgeous handwritten card. She must have spent at least 3 months planning the entire thing. I took one quick peek at the wrapped boxes and just bawled my eyes out for a good 10 minutes because I felt so overwhelmed by the gesture.

Of course R&B would not at all have that sort of reaction, but I too would love to see (like taramira requested) II plan something extra special for hubby's 31st birthday.
Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Nisha: I was wondering if we could have II and R&B just go out for a casual date one day. They haven't had a laid-back day out in quite a while; the last one I remember is when they went shopping in Paris towards the end of their honeymoon. I was speaking earlier today to my aunt who lives in Gurgaon and she was telling me about her shopping excursions to Sarojini Nagar and Chandi Chowk last week. I miss Delhi! I went and wasted an hour looking through old pictures after that phone call...so much nostalgia. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I'd love for II-R&B to have a casual date around Delhi, perhaps one evening where II gets off early from work and the dude is also free? I remember visiting Safdarjung tomb one evening during my last trip to India and the place was just so quiet and tranquil since there were only a few people there. It was a nice place to just lounge around on the grass, relax for a bit, and enjoy some butterscotch ice cream (my absolute favorite ๐Ÿ˜ƒ, but I haven't been able to find it here in the States ๐Ÿ˜”).

I like the idea of laid back day or a evening out.
It was my fav flavor too. There are quite a few Indian ice cream at Indian stores but no butterscotch๐Ÿ˜•
Hsp.canada thumbnail

This comment is so delayed, but I was just reminded by taramira's comment of something that had run through my mind when I first read "Ghevar & Zevar" a few days ago. 

The whole conversation between II and Ranjan was so poignant and emotional. When Ranjan spoke about milestone birthdays though (the 21st in particular) and how Savita celebrated them in a special way, I was completely taken aback. The coincidence is huge actually, as my mom celebrated my 21st in almost the exact same way. There was a huge box, with 21 individually wrapped gifts inside, all of which my mom had made herself, from methi mathris (which I love to snack on while I study) to earrings, bracelets, room decorations, and a gorgeous handwritten card. She must have spent at least 3 months planning the entire thing. I took one quick peek at the wrapped boxes and just bawled my eyes out for a good 10 minutes because I felt so overwhelmed by the gesture.

Of course R&B would not at all have that sort of reaction, but I too would love to see (like taramira requested) II plan something extra special for hubby's 31st birthday.

Moms are super amazing, that's very grand gesture from your mom.You love your mom a lot more after the shaadi and as soon as u have kids, respect increases by many folds ๐Ÿ˜Š
! I love the 21 things idea, will do it for my kids๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
http://www.makeinindia.com/

What a beautiful ad.
If any of you are in Germany during this time, YOU MUST GO
Unless its only for exhibitors, companies etc

taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
8 baj Gaye naa india mein. PST is 749 PM to be precise. EST 10:49 PM. Mountain time 8:49PM. Koi aur time zone Bataoon? 
He he he...update EPPO? 
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Wow, you went into that a lot more deeply than I had even intended to, although I absolutely agree. While writing the original comment I was merely thinking from II's perspective, but yes what I said is most certainly true in a larger context as you pointed out. 

@bold: I'm truly flattered that you think of me so highly. ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

I missed them gem that lay buried! 
Lovely Nivi!
Nuture your talent. And that is what poetry does right..makes you feel right on the "inside"! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
She might come back online with an update just like last time๐Ÿ˜Š
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sweet update Nisha..
A helping hand from RnB and a nice end to their stand off. He did the right thing just picked her up and got on. 

II asking RnB for approval uebercute! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Ranjan didn't miss it either.

RnB kitna miss kar raha hai...all that hero worship in Tamil music which goes over his head poor thing๐Ÿ˜ณ

AND i loved that summa cum laude or not the guy does half hearted things at work. Some of aren't as perfect as he is and then have all the energy to read and be active AND go with so little sleep! ๐Ÿ˜‰

aduthaduku ..eppo?
Aarti.1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hello Nisha,
This is Aarti. I created my IF account to comment on a story on another forum that was written by an amazingly talented gal who happens to be one of the readers of your story as well (can I get an approving nod for Nivi aka nividances? Sorry Nivi, I know you wanted to remain anonymous but I couldn't not give you credit here for introducing me to this gem). I became very good friends with her through IF and she recommended your story to me towards the end of February. I started reading and scrambled to catch up to your updates in real-time, pulling a few all-nighters and also ignoring hubs under the pretext of work deadlines (to his dismay) to do so. I have been following religiously in real-time since March, though I have been stingy with logging into IF and posting comments or even hitting the like button (I apologize for that). As an editor at a publishing firm that I would like to keep unnamed for security reasons, I must say that I'm quite impressed with your ability to consistently churn out both quality and quantity day in and day out. I noticed in earlier threads that you have mentioned your interest in getting published. My company does not work with this specific genre, but I can most definitely get you in touch with friends who would be more than happy to work with you on that front. A big round of applause for you madam because you have serious talent that needs to just be groomed a little in order to churn out bestseller upon bestseller.

Best,
Aarti