Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
loved the updates...lasya is there so it has to be lovely... mama ko dekha nhi ki she is ready to fly...

R&B ne gussa control kiya...my god im shocked... i was thinking ki gayi II kaam se...but may be he wants her to spill the beans... she is in a financial crisis and of course the husband should be aware about it... when she receives money she will definitely flip but that's for another time...a fight , lots of argument...lets hope R& B don't roast her alive...

btwn loved the bonding of mama-bhanji...lasya is so cute...fat, chubby butterball..i can totally eat her up...the way u describes her...ooo...i want her for real...dorable, darling angel...
nividances thumbnail
Hi everyone! As requested, I have posted the entire "collection" of SoSy inspired poems that I have written thus far in Arya's thread. You can find them here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4361598?pn=2
Thank you so much for appreciating my writing. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Lasya was Shakthi's response to the Thandava of Shiva. Our lil ball of butter has the ability to gracefully diffuse whatever tension builds up between her Mama and Maami. She loves the things they each love and both II and R& B adore the tyke to the core.Every time Nisha brings her into the story there is a gentle breeze that seems to waft in and both of them find her and the other hard to resist. The Animal Planet brings in the competitive streak in the two to focus. They vie for the attention of the two kids. Nandu is portrayed as the quiet follower. He in his own way represents the quiet love the two have for each other...What will Shruti  bring to the fore she is absolutely adored even before she has arrive...
It takes great skill to build each of these characters and one cannot help but wonder how II & R& B's Badams or Discovery Channels would turn out to be eagerly await how you will graft them Nisha.

The way in which each event deepens the understanding of our Duo, The ways they seek to express their care and warmth...truly amazing...the toppings to Pizzas and to life...theirs is all spicy and delicious:)
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

Hi everyone! As requested, I have posted the entire "collection" of SoSy inspired poems that I have written thus far in Arya's thread. You can find them here:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4361598?pn=2

Thank you so much for appreciating my writing.๐Ÿ˜ณ

thanks to you too!!!most of us had missed them previously...now got a chance to read...do write more pls... ๐Ÿ˜Š Edited by ishruhi - 9 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Divashni had shared a lot of photos with us...especially lasya waali...if she can post those when she gets some free time,it will be great to see all of them again...how much we gushed over those!!..especially that cat cheetah combo๐Ÿ‘ ...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gamble Gambit

Saturday morning at 10:07 AM Her phone beeped with the  CitiBank text "Rs. 49,200 credited to Account."
The Bank was open until 2 PM but when she saw it, it was after. After she returned from the movies with the boys. Too late to follow up now

But not too late to wonder...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
The only inflows into her Account was bonuses or stock sale proceeds from her DMAT Account
She grossed Rs. 2 lakhs a month netted Rs.1.2 lakhs

Hyundai loan Rs. 22,000
Toyota Corolla loan: Rs. 14,500
Periappa nurse salary Rs. 40,000 (including occasional cab fare)
Credit Card Bills :Rs. 10,000
Shravu Tennis Lessons Rs. 5,000
Student loan: Rs. 10,000
Petrol for car: Rs. 2,000-3,000

TOTAL Rs.104,500

On average she drove 60-75 kms a day from work to D II, though it was only 24 kms one way, she often had to stop pick up stuff Amma wanted her to, or go to the temple, or go to Akka's

Between raises bonuses and stock sale she usually had a good buffer in there of Rs. 2-4 lakhs at any point in time

But between wedding shopping and Paris and Hyundai down payment she was completely wiped out.
She sold some TTK Prestige and JK Lakshmi Cement shares two weeks ago but didn't think the DMAT Account would take this long...
She sold Essar Steel and one other... which one was it... before Paris and for the longest time her
DMAT Account said "Pending" on the "Credit to Citibank Account 4321 5678 XXX

Did that get credited eventually?

She was going to owe a boat load in taxes in 2016 for sure, stock gains were punitively taxed

She was not only a F in love, she was an F in Personal Finance. Amma would have a seizure if she knew what shape II's finances were. ๐Ÿ˜•She smiled at her phone screen

The best way to save on taxes was buy a house and pay interest on a home loan, but if its not self occupied that cant happen, if she "rents" it to Amma Appa then she can add it to her income and get a deduction for the interest

COMPLICATED!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ

she checked her DMAT App it wouldn't load on the phone.. she let out a frustrated moan. She was slacking big time in managing her equity portfolio. It must be worth atleast Rs. 20 lakhs, if she didn't manage it well, she needed to get a "Fund Manager" ASAP

If there was any possibility she was going to apply for a home loan or make a real estate purchase in the next couple years, then she needed that money to GROW
And QUIT selling stock... arbitrarily
She reminded herself to check Monday...

She had stopped reading the HT Real Estate supplement for a while now, her favorite weekend hobby would be calling up property dealers checking on asking price of two bedroom flats in distant sectors of Rohini or Dwaraka . or Sector 110 in Gurgaon basically in no man's land... a builder/independent floor was available for Rs. 20-40 lakhs 2 BHK 1000 sq ft-ish
 She couldn't afford to buy a flat walking distance from any Metro station

She was close to "broke"

She would LOVE to, so she can take the Metro from work and go see Amma Appa
But aint happening

Unnoticed he watched her restless pacing, she sat down to calculate and then got up and walked...
looked through the sheaf of strewn newspapers on the swing for the Real Estate section and then stopped when she saw it.

Leaning back on the rail looking out

"cant make up your mind?" he asked

She turned startled

"Excuse me?"

He shook his head and stood by her

"do u ever wonder how much this house cost when it was new?" she asked smiling beguilingly

"u could ask..." he said "then and now he'll tell you"

"Arey nahi... HT has a " weekly posh real estate price per sq ft box on the front page" she chuckled

He shrugged

"IN-SA-NE ROI" she chuckled, "Investing in property guarantees great returns" "Especially in a city like Delhi"
He looked at her side ways not sure where she was headed he feared she was going off to BUY A HOUSE NOW?

GOOD GRIEF!!! NO!

He rested his elbow on the rail and face on his palm and paid full attention

"Buying in rohini Dwarka or Gurgaon, Gurgaon seems to be penetrating well into Haryana"
she giggled... "Do u wonder how much farther Gurgaon will go"

"No I don't" he said really suspicious

"Tum aise cheezen kyon nahi sochte?" she asked teasingly

"Because I dont live and breathe to infuriate my spouse" he wanted to say

"main sochti hoon jab raat ko Metro band ho jaata hai to trains kidhar jaati hain, if everyone abandoned a town what would it look like"
"Weird hoon na?" she asked for confirmation

"More like a provocateur"

"KYON? Tumhe to aaj subah se kuch kaha bhi nahi" she was offended "I havent provoked you one bit, but you seem upset" she said deeply hurt

He didn't smile

"Tum gussa ho?" she asked nervously

"why would you think that?" he asked trying to understand HOW she was beginning to figure him out.

"Its like Ive done something wrong but in your quiet way u wont tell me" she said agitated

"What could it be?" he asked

"I shudnt have asked the kids to come over?" she asked

AND MAYBE YOU START PAYING FOR FOOD II he thought

"Umm... plus u know... last night" she blushed, waving her hands

"We had Lasya" he defended himself, lying in the process

"Oh?" Umm... ya sorry" "My bad" she shook her head sad,(expecting to be made love to)  
"oh ya... I am sorry" it confirmed that he was upset though... HE RARELY began to "just sleep"

And then?" he asked

"Aaj subah se" "Jahan main hoon wahan tum nahi ho" she said and stopped
"U didn't like ur taco stuffing I ordered?" she made a bad joke

He wasn't amused

"Not amused?" she asked startled

"II" he wanted to wring her neck

"Mujhe ek ghar dhoondne mein madad karogey?" she asked earnestly

f**kING FANTASTIC!! so SHE WAS GOING DOWN THAT PATH!!!
the real estate section laying on top of the stack was a clue, and HE was beginning to GET her now

"Are u packed?" he asked patiently

They stared at each other for the longest time...

"will you come visit?"(If I move out) she asked goading him NEVER ever backing down

"Uve made up your mind then?"he bit out not being kind about the words

He was on the edge of sanity, here he was trying to skewer her for turning her Account red, and there she was planning another capital expenditure in the immediate or distant future?

"MERE LIYE nahi" she said shocked "MAIN chali jaaoon kya?" (shud I be leaving?")
She looked mystified and bewildered

"u wanted me to come visit didn't you?" he reminded her

"I was teasing" she said

"I NEED HELP looking BAS" she explained  "Umm.. baaqi"

"Of course!"

Something told him she hadn't called the bank or checked WHO made the deposit.
He had no idea how much she made what she spent it on. He wanted to envelop her in his protective hold.
It was really getting impossible for him not to reveal what he did last nite/this morning. She was not making it easy

Her Appa Amma were unaware of most of her dealings, he doubted if Vandita even knew

"Do u gamble?" he asked with a straight face

She laughed throwing her head back revealing the soft long neck...

"KYON?' she asked

"You should... you love living on the edge" he mocked

"Main?""Nahi to" she said shocked, "I always look both ways before I cross, I always get a annual phyiscal.
I offered to go on the pill (inaudibly), never cut my hair short, always wear a bra. Dont have any tattoos... dont swing both ways,
brush my teeth at night, dont eat raw fish/sushi, dont pick up strangers at bars, (giggle)

"BUTTT... I know what u mean...being enrolled in B Com and CPA at the same time,  getting that MS from Georgia Tech
despite having a decent job. Wanting to work in IT despite being an Accountant. she smacked her forehead "What was I thinking, nahi?"
"Drive home from work sometimes at 2 AM,...(conspiratorially) speeding occasionally... and maybe " she tapered off
"And possibly the biggest..returning" she said deeply and stopped... (money I owe to a certain stranger, and end up married to him)
She gulped, guilty, bending down, staring at the lawn first "Haan Kabhi kabhi... kuch cheezon mein jua zaroor khelti hoon shaayad main" she said doleful

ROULETTE IS STILL SPINNING... I HAVE WAGERED EVERYTHING I'VE EVER OWNED
IT BETTER NOT STOP, COZ IF IT STOPS I'LL KNOW IF I WON
AND I DONT WANT TO KNOW

They exchanged a long intense look...

He heard the kids in the lounge... "Chithi TURN on the sprinkler"... they held HUGE inflated water toys

she turned and smiled, "Iru da" "I mean wait, love" she admonished Nandu

"Chithappa PLEEEZ" shravu yelled

"Do u know how to?"

"Nahi" she said

"Lets go I can show u" he said

"Not in the front yard its too sunny, u can play in the back yard" she said  "is Dad working?" she asked herself, running through 1st floor, finding the office empty and locked, tapped on the master bedroom door and no body answered

the boys were downstairs, she walked with him to a wall console in the backyard, he showed her how... he held her hand and practiced turning it off and on... she turned it on, the boys ran to the center, she SHUT IT
fighting his grip

"You constantly look for excitement dont you?" he asked cryptically

"Usme galat kya hai? she asked turning back

He pinned her on the wall and extracted a long passionate kiss

Shravu:GA-ROSEEE GA ROSEEE Uncle R YOU KISSED A GIRL!!! U KISSED A GIRL (he clamped a hand on his mouth and and jumped up soaking himself)

they stood at the edge of the patio looking at the boys, she eye signaled Shravu to pull R&B in... she whispered something in nandu's ears

"BOYS" "Kuch to plan kar rahe hongey nahi?" she said smugly๐Ÿ˜ˆ
He turned to her and chuckled sardonically. Shravu and Nandu filled out lil plastic beach buckets,
and sprayed the water at each other, chasing...

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
 The storm is brewing II senses she has irked some way but finds it tough identifying the cause...he on the other is seething...trying hard not to vent his anger...if Lasya provided the respite last night, the boys are providing it now...Await the next  update Nisha:) 
charlie1950 thumbnail
Loved every bit of this update
[=))] loved the way ll drives r&b
crazy with her ever crazier antics
For the first time nisha u gave us the
glimpse of r&b mind and his thoughts

I had a very busy shift today and reading
this update on my tea break made my day
I was laughing out loud by myself in the lounge. Thanks for such a lovely update
Keep writing , ya dil mangaye more
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this silence is costing much.
It will burst out when it comes out.II is  in real danger.
RnB is scared now.Becuse of II.

Ayyo II what is she planning.

nividances thumbnail
"Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation." - Oscar Wilde

They will never speak paragraphs of feelings and emotions with each other, but these conversations that they have now begun to indulge in will be what allows them to open up to each other just enough, without even realizing it. In the end though, connections are made with the heart rather than the tongue, so I think their biggest, most profound "conversations" will be those where they hear each other's silences and decipher the quietness...for silence sometimes is more insightful than speech.

She has taken a step in the right direction here. She has begun to catch onto the subtle nuances of his gestures and behaviors, which is perhaps the most transformative change that this marriage has brought about in her. Earlier on she used to speak volumes upon volumes but she would still not be able to gauge the actual situation, whereas now she can read his body language and silence and intrinsically understand that something is amiss.

He is already attune to her silences, as he understands that when she is quiet, she is either disturbed about something or feeling emotional insecurity/upheaval. He needs to be concerned with filtering her words and understanding the hidden truth behind some of her everyday paragraphs.