Users

Frequent Posters

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Seriousreader

state Board...Bangalore

I am proud of u and your daughter!!
I was once in a parlor a couple of years ago in pune, n happen to hear an exchange between 2 hairbraimed moms(excuse my language but their discussions n opinions doesnt let me put them in any other category)
Mom1: my daughter is prepping for 10th boards.. She is very busy prepping all subjects
Mom2: my son's teacher called.. She said he is doing well in all subjects especially science.. I am hoping he gets good score in SAT n goes abroad. He just has to clear all papers. He is bad in hindi but does soo well in french. I told him its OK, anyway hindi is his optional subject!! 😲 We are looking for schools for him. *verrryyy proud expressions*
Mom1: yeah my daughter doesnt like to talk in hindi much. The friends all talk in english. My daughter is taking german as her 2nd language! *proud expressions*
I was hearing all this. Both werent marathi. They spoke to the girls working there in hinglish n not marathi. N they definitely werent south indians.
In a day n age where I have heard 2 funny mothers talk proudly about the apparent lacking in their country's language, am soo happy n proud there are kids like yours who are doing the right thing!!
When I first went out of India, I realized people are in awe of us that we know hindi AND english. How stupid would it look that we say oh we dont know our mother tongue!!! Kids shpuld know their mother tongue, if its not hindi n regional thats also OK, but not knowing Indian language is nothing to be proud of!! 😭
I learnt only hindi english n then took sanskrit as optional... I think I turned out OK.. I did learn french a bit later in life(I think lack of practice made me forget most). But parents should definitely encourage learning of mother tongue!!Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshita27

I am proud of u and your daughter!!
I was once in a parlor a couple of years ago in pune, n happen to hear an exchange between 2 hairbraimed moms(excuse my language but their discussions n opinions doesnt let me put them in any other category)
Mom1: my daughter is prepping for 10th boards.. She is very busy prepping all subjects
Mom2: my son's teacher called.. She said he is doing well in all subjects especially science.. I am hoping he gets good score in SAT n goes abroad. He just has to clear all papers. He is bad in hindi but does soo well in french. I told him its OK, anyway hindi is his optional subject!! 😲 We are looking for schools for him. *verrryyy proud expressions*
Mom1: yeah my dayghter doesnt like to talk in hi di much. The friends all talk in english. My daughter is taking german as her 2nd language! *proud expressions*
I was hearing all this. Both werent marathi. They spoke to the girls working there in hinglish n not marathi. N they definitely werent south indians.
In a day n age where I have heard 2 funny mothers talk proudly about the apparent lacking in their country's language, am soo happy n proud there are kids like yours who are doing the right thing!!
When I first went out of India, I realized people are in awe of us that we know hindi AND english. How stupid would it look that we say oh we dont know our mother tongue!!! Kids shpuld know their mother tongue, if its not hindi n regional thats also OK, but not knowing Indian language is nothing to be proud of!! 😭
I learnt only hindi english n then took sanskrit as optional... I think I turned out OK.. I did learn french a bit later in life(I think lack of practice made me forget most). But parents should definitely encourage learning of mother tongue!!

Absolutely...when we can't learn the language that we have heard first...how do we learn other languages. Mother tongue is something to be proud of.
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

She's still online😊

And...she still is dear!
Hope she's penning another update...sighhh!! 
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

And...she still is dear!
Hope she's penning another update...sighhh!!

and this is not done!!!!!now i have to sleep now.(tomorrow exams..).that means nothing changed btwn my post and nishas status...ok.i will read all those coming updates on tokorrow afternoon!sigh...gud nite SR...
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my God nisha! Ranjan and Raman worked together to solve a mess? Did I perceive it right? Did they ...did Raman just help his father?

I LOVED it !!
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Main Na Kehti Thi - Ranjan Gushing - part 2 
read the update a zillion times. Ashu absolutely true - Ranjan Rocked and Robber Shocked

battle lines are clearly drawn. Ranjan and clan VS Harish and Clan. 

Mahabharat has just about begin. wonder who will play the role of krishna though.

I always knew for Ranjan its an emotional thing. The minute RB showed an iota of interest all his fears, his insecurities melted. His self esteem boosted and looks like he's ready to face the world. 

BUT as we all know, it's not going to be easy. RB will go back to his shell.. Its not as if his love has suddenly jagoed for the estranged papa. lekin one step at a time. 

this could perhaps lead to unravelling of the Beenu Kumar scandal.. lets see where Nisha plans to take this. 

I am sure that Robber Gang will not take this lying down.. will come back fast and furious! 

Ranjan's emotional Health starting to get fixed just a wee bit... now its time to settle II's financial health and RB's mental health. 
harshita27 thumbnail
Pehli baar Nisha gave a "coming up"... N the rare R&B thoughts in coming up... N carrot latka kar wo bhag hayi.. Ya toh bhag gayi ya fir side mei khade ho kar she is enjoying the whole ganpati dance Ranjan gushers are doing today. πŸ˜†
Me?? I think I will laugh like Gabbar about Kaliya(Ranjan) getting saved now... But mere revolver mei abhi bhi teen goli hai...as Gabbar would say, Goli teen ... Aadmi bhi teen!! Ab theek hai!!! πŸ˜† 🀣
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Just came back after a hectic day, Should i read comments or was it Anu who  gushed and burnt all these  pages πŸ˜† Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshita27

Pehli baar Nisha gave a "coming up"... N the rare R&B thoughts in coming up... N carrot latka kar wo bhag hayi.. Ya toh bhag gayi ya fir side mei khade ho kar she is enjoying the whole ganpati dance Ranjan gushers are doing today. πŸ˜†
Me?? I think I will laugh like Gabbar about Kaliya(Ranjan) getting saved now... But mere revolver mei abhi bhi teen goli hai...as Gabbar would say, Goli teen ... Aadmi bhi teen!! Ab theek hai!!! πŸ˜† 🀣

My morning started by reading your comments and i had a good laugh with my cuppa. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And then I read some other comment and i was like πŸ˜²

Hope there was no more discussion on that subject. I wont be able to handle it

harshita27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

My morning started by reading your comments and i had a good laugh with my cuppa.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And then I read some other comment and i was like😲

Hope there was no more discussion on that subject. I wont be able to handle it

I have read updates, I have read comments. All I'll say is that I believe in 2 phrases:
"silence is golden" n
"Online I see people committing 'social media suicide' all the time by one of two ways. Firstly by responding to all criticism, meaning you're never going to find time to complete important milestones of your own, and by responding to things that don't warrant a response. This lends more credibility by driving traffic."
Someone once told me to timebox people, work n also emotions.. Thats the best way to deal with unnecessary hurt, stress as well as excitement n anxiety! I would suggest everyone to think about it. Before opening their mouth, one should think if there is a question or just a close ended criticism n opinion. I am no exception. Often times written texts dont come out exactly as how you would have intended since the tone is open for reader's interpretation. I offended Ashu once, even though it was in jest. I chose not to provoke or explain anymore than once. Coz all I'd do is explain myself, aggrevate the other n its not going to decrease the hurt. Giving it time cools down issues n you see things in different perspective.
We all are involved in the story, yet there is a way to put forward your opinion. N its for both parties. Thats why I say, am noone to review, I react to characters not the storyteller. Nisha should also think our reactions as separate from our opinion of her unpess it targets her directly. Not all fingers are equal, hence there will never be a case where its an all pleasing situation. Nisha anyway uses selective reply strategy, why not timebox any negative comments, ignoring just does one thing for me. There is less of my khoon being jalao-ed on things that I dont care about. Everytime I see people reacting strongly on this story, I feel, Nisha has the power of her storytelling to bring out such clear n distinct thoughts. In a day n age where our attention span works in seconds n minutes even for most important matters, she gets reactions which need minutes n hours(in terms of the amt of khoon ppl jalao). I think she should celebrate n open a champaign bottle, coz I think I would feel like "I have arrived!!" If I was getting soo much of attention, negative or positive. Afterall, internet is a free space. Jiski jalti hai wo thodi der n thode time bolega n then will eventually stop kyunki they dont get a reaction. Why not concentrate on happy comments. All I am saying Nisha should celebrate this fame.. Whether its infamously famous or famously famous, ppl are spending energy on her!!! Jinki jalti hai jale... Sanu ki!! πŸ˜†
N to your comment, I think there isnt too much crazy fight after page 52-55 maybe. I gave it cursory read. Life is all good!!