Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: harshita27

I have read updates, I have read comments. All I'll say is that I believe in 2 phrases:
"silence is golden" n
"Online I see people committing 'social media suicide' all the time by one of two ways. Firstly by responding to all criticism, meaning you're never going to find time to complete important milestones of your own, and by responding to things that don't warrant a response. This lends more credibility by driving traffic."
Someone once told me to timebox people, work n also emotions.. Thats the best way to deal with unnecessary hurt, stress as well as excitement n anxiety! I would suggest everyone to think about it. Before opening their mouth, one should think if there is a question or just a close ended criticism n opinion. I am no exception. Often times written texts dont come out exactly as how you would have intended since the tone is open for reader's interpretation. I offended Ashu once, even though it was in jest. I chose not to provoke or explain anymore than once. Coz all I'd do is explain myself, aggrevate the other n its not going to decrease the hurt. Giving it time cools down issues n you see things in different perspective.
We all are involved in the story, yet there is a way to put forward your opinion. N its for both parties. Thats why I say, am noone to review, I react to characters not the storyteller. Nisha should also think our reactions as separate from our opinion of her unpess it targets her directly. Not all fingers are equal, hence there will never be a case where its an all pleasing situation. Nisha anyway uses selective reply strategy, why not timebox any negative comments, ignoring just does one thing for me. There is less of my khoon being jalao-ed on things that I dont care about. Everytime I see people reacting strongly on this story, I feel, Nisha has the power of her storytelling to bring out such clear n distinct thoughts. In a day n age where our attention span works in seconds n minutes even for most important matters, she gets reactions which need minutes n hours(in terms of the amt of khoon ppl jalao). I think she should celebrate n open a champaign bottle, coz I think I would feel like "I have arrived!!" If I was getting soo much of attention, negative or positive. Afterall, internet is a free space. Jiski jalti hai wo thodi der n thode time bolega n then will eventually stop kyunki they dont get a reaction. Why not concentrate on happy comments. All I am saying Nisha should celebrate this fame.. Whether its infamously famous or famously famous, ppl are spending energy on her!!! Jinki jalti hai jale... Sanu ki!! πŸ˜†
N to your comment, I think there isnt too much crazy fight after page 52-55 maybe. I gave it cursory read. Life is all good!!

Then all i have to say in my Pinglish πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Then all i have to say in my PinglishπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I'm afraid Ranjan is in spirit stalking this thread.. Kahi wo apne new found business shrewdness pe mitti na paa de... N starts to listen to Harish's trap!! πŸ˜†
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Bade Bhalla saab ne aaj phatte chuk diπŸ˜†
Your goliyaa were saved😊
harshita27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Bade Bhalla saab ne aajphatte chuk diπŸ˜†

Your goliyaa were saved😊

Am keeping an eye on him n his paplu taplu...galti kari toh bhoon daalungi inko!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Am keeping an eye on him n his paplu taplu...galti kari toh bhoon daalungi inko!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

was trying to post something funny, but IF is not letting me
Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I have read updates, I have read comments. All I'll say is that I believe in 2 phrases:
"silence is golden" n
"Online I see people committing 'social media suicide' all the time by one of two ways. Firstly by responding to all criticism, meaning you're never going to find time to complete important milestones of your own, and by responding to things that don't warrant a response. This lends more credibility by driving traffic."
Someone once told me to timebox people, work n also emotions.. Thats the best way to deal with unnecessary hurt, stress as well as excitement n anxiety! I would suggest everyone to think about it. Before opening their mouth, one should think if there is a question or just a close ended criticism n opinion. I am no exception. Often times written texts dont come out exactly as how you would have intended since the tone is open for reader's interpretation. I offended Ashu once, even though it was in jest. I chose not to provoke or explain anymore than once. Coz all I'd do is explain myself, aggrevate the other n its not going to decrease the hurt. Giving it time cools down issues n you see things in different perspective.
We all are involved in the story, yet there is a way to put forward your opinion. N its for both parties. Thats why I say, am noone to review, I react to characters not the storyteller. Nisha should also think our reactions as separate from our opinion of her unpess it targets her directly. Not all fingers are equal, hence there will never be a case where its an all pleasing situation. Nisha anyway uses selective reply strategy, why not timebox any negative comments, ignoring just does one thing for me. There is less of my khoon being jalao-ed on things that I dont care about. Everytime I see people reacting strongly on this story, I feel, Nisha has the power of her storytelling to bring out such clear n distinct thoughts. In a day n age where our attention span works in seconds n minutes even for most important matters, she gets reactions which need minutes n hours(in terms of the amt of khoon ppl jalao). I think she should celebrate n open a champaign bottle, coz I think I would feel like "I have arrived!!" If I was getting soo much of attention, negative or positive. Afterall, internet is a free space. Jiski jalti hai wo thodi der n thode time bolega n then will eventually stop kyunki they dont get a reaction. Why not concentrate on happy comments. All I am saying Nisha should celebrate this fame.. Whether its infamously famous or famously famous, ppl are spending energy on her!!! Jinki jalti hai jale... Sanu ki!! πŸ˜†
N to your comment, I think there isnt too much crazy fight after page 52-55 maybe. I gave it cursory read. Life is all good!!

I fully agree, and can proudly say I havent broken any laws anywhere. Unreasonable expectations were placed only on ME. I havent received ONE rap on the knuckles from the Mods. I was completely wrapped up in chains... I admit giving up my freedoms took a while... the whole Forum was blowing up, yet I was asked to follow a different set of rules... I DID

Dont talk about the show
Dont express frustration about Ishita Bhalla's "nobility"
Dont ask people for reviews (JUST KEEP WRITING LIKE ROBOT)
Dont speak ill about Bollywood
Dont say anything about Bollywood actors
Dont talk about people that are nasty to you (mean Desis in society like the language incident you quoted, I was told I am "indoctrinating" people, not even sure WHAT "cult" I belong toπŸ˜•)
Dont share personal stories

WHAT THE HELL WILL WE TALK ABOUT THEN?
I am thinking in order to author a story I have to CONSTANTLY be on guard
Does EVERY IF author receive such censure, scrutiny and mandates? Or only me?

I was even willing to do that , though the list kept getting longer. There are millions that are sarcastic, a million times more sarcastic than I am on India Forums and they seem to to function fine. I was baffled why I was singled out for the honor.

Once I agreed to EVERYTHING. EVERY GODDAMN diktat  I hoped peace will prevail... then suddenly posts are made about what was "irrational, distasteful, unacceptable, illogical" two months ago, and three months ago. I am told I should accept "insults wrapped in criticism" because I "write so it shall be insulted"

After a point its free speech only for a "handful" of people.

I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE TO TELL A STORY.
In all this I haven't broken ONE IF rule...
I dont write sexually explicit stuff, I dont post child po*n images, I dont write verbally abusive language, I dont write approving polygamy or bigamy... nor about money laundering or drug trafficking, I dont insult any culture or religion (under garb of objectivity)

All readers usually do on IF is post things like "When is your next update" "here is the analysis on the last chapter" "I love the story" "I read it multiple times"  I have read HUNDREDS of stories in the last decade and a half on IF.

NO READER EVER INSULTS THE AUTHOR OF ANY STORY USING HATE SPEECH (calls it objectivity). THEY JUST DON'T.

Hershey, its INCREDIBLY easy to crush someone's soul and enthusiasm under the pretext of "critiquing" their work. Creating work that can be loved by 100s takes tremendous effort AND CREATIVITY

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
DesiUs_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful updates again Nisha.

It was nice to see the whole family being involved in taking care of Vandita. Amma missed having sons seeing Tan, Bala and Raman taking care of everything.
Loved the way how Appa felt bad for Vandu and Bala's financial struggle. So true. Just few weeks back , it appeared Vandita is the lucky one to have everything while Ishita got rejected by Subbu.
Now it appears Ishita is the lucky one. Little did he know that his younger one has her share of troubles ( Manny's and Chachu's accusations and her financial issues).
Chachu turned out to be real crook. He is all sugary when everyone is around, but shows his true colors when he is one on one.
Chachu family was clearly expecting Raman to never marry or marry a foreigner. Their hopes were dashed when he married II. Now he is trying to create rift between them.
He knew Ranjan is happy about getting a daughter in law like II . He did not hesitate to snatch that little happiness away from his brother.
I will be surprised if he has no part in the scandal. Even if he is not directly responsible, he might have milked the scandal as much as possible to gain trust from his brother. He must have twisted the facts and might have been responsible for Savitha's death too.
It is surprising to see how low can some people get to provide for their family.

Loved the way how you showed Ranjan as shrewd businessman with strong family values. I think Tan is also the same. Now we know Ranjan is not a complete pushover and he can give it back to people if needed, and that includes Raman too. πŸ‘
Loved the end part where father and son texted each other. Totally unexpected and heart touching.
I bet Ranjan will be able to sleep peacefully without pills atleast for a few days.πŸ˜›
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DesiUs_fan

Wonderful updates again Nisha.

It was nice to see the whole family being involved in taking care of Vandita. Amma missed having sons seeing Tan, Bala and Raman taking care of everything.
Loved the way how Appa felt bad for Vandu and Bala's financial struggle. So true. Just few weeks back , it appeared Vandita is the lucky one to have everything while Ishita got rejected by Subbu.
Now it appears Ishita is the lucky one. Little did he know that his younger one has her share of troubles ( Manny's and Chachu's accusations and her financial issues).
Chachu turned out to be real crook. He is all sugary when everyone is around, but shows his true colors when he is one on one.
Chachu family was clearly expecting Raman to never marry or marry a foreigner. Their hopes were dashed when he married II. Now he is trying to create rift between them.
He knew Ranjan is happy about getting a daughter in law like II . He did not hesitate to snatch that little happiness away from his brother.
I will be surprised if he has no part in the scandal. Even if he is not directly responsible, he might have milked the scandal as much as possible to gain trust from his brother. He must have twisted the facts and might have been responsible for Savitha's death too.
It is surprising to see how low can some people get to provide for their family.

Loved the way how you showed Ranjan as shrewd businessman with strong family values. I think Tan is also the same. Now we know Ranjan is not a complete pushover and he can give it back to people if needed, and that includes Raman too. πŸ‘
Loved the end part where father and son texted each other. Totally unexpected and heart touching.
I bet Ranjan will be able to sleep peacefully without pills atleast for a few days.πŸ˜›

DUF

He didnt do this to impress R&B, he did because he felt right about it. While Chachu's family doesnt have grand plans to bankrupt Ranjan & Co. they are eyeing Excelsior fortunes though, who doesnt like free money... Ranjan cannot make any headway with R&B, he can do what he knows best is to run the business ably and efficiently

THANK YOU FOR READING
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Nisha one senses the pain you feel when such lists are pushed down your throat by moderators. The Nisha that emerges from the writing and her responses is whom i know. As somebody who has watched in awe at the writer and the empathetic woman who dons the multiple hats with such grace and ease i am taking this opportunity to share my thoughts. When I choose to respond I am trying to  understand another's point of view when I  react I choose to receive the criticism thrown at me. Harsh words or mean judgements are  a bait thrown at me if i bite the bait i am done...if i wriggle away i keep my baiters at bay. I know it is easier said but as Hsp Canada says social media suicides and harakiri seem common. Your creative energy is for better things dont stoop to the bait.
 I have never responded to anything even on So SY until recently your writing awakened me from inertia. I am sure there are a lot of us who are engaged with So SY and through that with you and each other. i am sure as Sakiv said in a post you must be the most read and recommended writer on the forum so definitely sometimes face unfair norms to conform to.
I love the amazing woman Nisha i have got to know on So Sy. I admire the Author. Await your next update😊😊😊😊
harshita27 thumbnail
I know Nisha!! It hurt you coz you put your heart,mind,time n soul but why react re!!
It does what to you?? Bring you peace?!? Fatto-ing like that? Nahi na? Jaane de unko!! Jo jale wo jal ke bhunn jaayein.. You write... If u think a comment is negative, dont read further or just reply "Sanu ki!!" to that post if you dont agree! 2 words... But give u power!! I understand hurting is natural but duniya mei billion ppl are there, sabki marzi sunkar react karogi toh khud ki life kab jiyogi?!? You are writing, coz firstly you have the talent,secondly you have a story in yur heart n mind to tell,3rdly you
WANT to let people know intelligent n engaging way of storytelling exists n is supremely executed by you without being daily-soapish n dramatic n lastly coz ppl appreciate your work!! Aaj tak kahi bhi aisa nahi hua ki sabko sab jageh praise mili hai.. Tumko 50-60 ppl praise, tumko 2-3 ppl say strnge things, why waste energy on 2-3... Chachi-mami lagti hai tumhari ki character certificate degi?!? Nahi na? Jisko nahi pasand aaya, na padhey!! Tumko kya? Its their loss to lose outon such good story ... Baaki 50-60 ko reply karo na.. Baaki ko goli maaro...itna energy bachchon n pati pe kharch karogi(violent stemy makeout πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ ) , duaayein denge tumko wo!! Online nahi waste karne ka yaar!! Again, we are faceless stranger cum friends, if we get along its a good journey.. If we dont, there is always the door thats open for them to walk out of!! Tum kyu dimaag lagati ho!
By the way, I made 4-5 post aaj, masti wala... Tumko uspe ek line reply kar a nahi hua?? Yaha it a lamba khoon jalayi tum apna for a post that didnt need your attention even!! Bola na tumko tum tasleema nasreen N salman rushdie ke category mei ja rahi ho... Log vichlit ho rahe hain...kuch toh jale ge n kuch thoda curious comments karenge.. Tum likho toh khud ko khush karne ke liye likho coz its your hobby, not your living ki 2 ke bura bolne pe paise katenge tumhare.. Ppl who mind shouldnt matter n ppl who matter wont mind!!Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago