Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ShylockHolmes

No one read the article

She is not talking about bollywood but she just don't want to do only indian ethnicity role in hollywood

She's the current forum bag to shit on, hence all the unneeded hate.πŸ˜† But yeah she's not wrong in what she said. It's so easy to get type-cast. She actually worked on her accent too for certain roles that she did.

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
"I think I've singlehandedly offended Palestinians, Iranians, the Arabs, and probably Indians by playing all their roles,"she said . 

I did... for a change. herez what she has to say..

Singlehandedly - arrogant

palestians, Iranians, The Arabs, and probably Indians... wow

all their roles... ahem ahem... superwoman. 

but why do u THINK u offended them? And if U did, what other roles u gonna play? A chinese, african or may be an alien? Aliens dont get offended with ur acting skills miss. Go for it. 

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 9 years ago
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

The stereotypes in HW movies r way offensive than BW can even imagine. HW's oultlook from their movies is "we rule the world" more or less. Where as India's outlook is "we love our culture". 

But when some ppl mix up arrogance Vs celebrations.. there need to be an entire dictionary of English words to explain a simple thing which even a 5 years old can understand. 

Kuch log jo jayada jante hai, insaan ko kam pehchante hai.. "Some of those who know more, know less about humans". 

I have some seen some Iranian films on Rialto channel and they r damn good, way progressive but USA want the world to blv something else abt Iran. 

If some ppl in USA get their ways, they will make half of the world slave and other half to go around for holidays in the solar system. They wud also like  robots and dine-a-sours.. superheros can replace police. 

Appu in 'the simpsons" is stereotype of Indians for years now. No, we dont speak English like that nor we look like that. BUT, we not gonna make hue n cry abt it or ban the show. Lage raho.. 

Hum logo ko samaj sako to samjo dilbar jani
Jitna bhi tum samjoge utni hogi hairani. 

What lyrics by Javed Akhtar! πŸ‘

In hw movies its always america where d apolcypse or anythin at all happens..rest of d countries r just fools who basically do nothing...if wrld is ending,only nasa willl send people to find new planet, or if a virus has spread everyone on wrld is dying except in the Us... Talk abt narcissimπŸ˜†
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Probably an ape  bit her n she lost her senses?πŸ˜†
AllBlacks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rits08

In hw movies its always america where d apolcypse or anythin at all happens..rest of d countries r just fools who basically do nothing...if wrld is ending,only nasa willl send people to find new planet, or if a virus has spread everyone on wrld is dying except in the Us... Talk abt narcissimπŸ˜†

I think it was "Independence day" when aliens unleash their powers on the poor USA beings, there r many countries in the world praying.. and guess what, Indians wearing turbans r praying in front of Taj Mahal.. πŸ˜† They dont even know what Taj mahal is ... πŸ˜† 
Edited by AllBlacks1 - 9 years ago
--Ariana-- thumbnail

I think it was "Independence day" when aliens unleash their powers on the poor USA beings, there r many countries in the world praying.. and guess what, Indians wearing turbans r praying in front of Taj Mahal.. πŸ˜† They dont even know what Taj mahal is ... πŸ˜† 

Omg dats hilarious🀣
Sardars live in punjab not UP and dey dont pray to taj mahal bt to golden templeπŸ˜†
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

"I think I've singlehandedly offended Palestinians, Iranians, the Arabs, and probably Indians by playing all their roles,"she said . 

I did... for a change. herez what she has to say..

Singlehandedly - arrogant

palestians, Iranians, The Arabs, and probably Indians... wow

all their roles... ahem ahem... superwoman. 

but why do u THINK u offended them? And if U did, what other roles u gonna play? A chinese, african or may be an alien? Aliens dont get offended with ur acting skills miss. Go for it. 

no idea why you're quoting me πŸ˜†

I remember reading an article by Kal Penn where he said something similar. He was pissed off about how he kept getting offered bit roles as the token Asian taxi driver etc

I think it's a bit unfair, IF they have been offered roles based on their ethnicity.

Not every character needs a blatant nationality, nor does it need to be emphasized strongly.

In many Hollywood movies, we don't need to know if the main character is American/Canadian/European/South African if played by a white guy. It isn't necessarily always spelled out for them.
Edited by Chippeshwini - 9 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chippeshwini

no idea why you're quoting me πŸ˜†

I remember reading an article by Kal Penn where he said something similar. He was pissed off about how he kept getting offered bit roles as the token Asian taxi driver etc

I think it's a bit unfair, IF they have been offered roles based on their ethnicity.

Not every character needs a blatant nationality, nor does it need to be emphasized strongly.

In many Hollywood movies, we don't need to know if the main character is American/Canadian/European/South African if played by a white guy. It isn't necessarily always spelled out for them.

Coz u said no1 read the article. That might true for urself but not for everybody else. πŸ˜‰

There r zillions of articles on google, forget abt local media in their countries, that have issues like that. 

Whining and blaming society for one's own failure is not the way to go abt. Girls do have their preferences.. white Kiwi girl wanna have brown body and the rest of list justt wayyy tooo long what the girls want for their own body. 

It deoends on the story, if its abt russian mafia or Pakistani terrorist, the character will be known for that role. Whoz the hero, is hez fighting for the good of USA is all we need to know, wheather its Tom or Will. 

But every film is different, if some1 is rejected coz of the skin color or looks that casting director didnt seem fit with the character, I dont thing that some1 will have to cry rivers abt it. There will be another where he.she can fit and the other candidates dont. 

Hello? its a showbiz. 
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Coz u said no1 read the article. That might true for urself but not for everybody else. πŸ˜‰

There r zillions of articles on google, forget abt local media in their countries, that have issues like that. 

Whining and blaming society for one's own failure is not the way to go abt. Girls do have their preferences.. white Kiwi girl wanna have brown body and the rest of list justt wayyy tooo long what the girls want for their own body. 

It deoends on the story, if its abt russian mafia or Pakistani terrorist, the character will be known for that role. Whoz the hero, is hez fighting for the good of USA is all we need to know, wheather its Tom or Will. 

But every film is different, if some1 is rejected coz of the skin color or looks that casting director didnt seem fit with the character, I dont thing that some1 will have to cry rivers abt it. There will be another where he.she can fit and the other candidates dont. 

Hello? its a showbiz. 

Okay.

But then why shit on Freida just cuz she doesn't want to be typecast πŸ˜†

Also I'm sorry, but I don't think you get to assume how someone should and shouldn't feel about their career's situation.

Also, show me where "I said no1 read the article" plz 😳

ALSO, I don't know where anybody, neither me, nor Frieda, are "whining about society" here

AND, I really don't see how Frieda is "arrogant" because she said "singlehandedly"?? She said single-handedly because she's took up all those roles yo.

Like hellooo πŸ˜†

Edited by Chippeshwini - 9 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Okay.

But then why shit on Freida just cuz she doesn't want to be typecast πŸ˜†

Also I'm sorry, but I don't think you get to assume how someone should and shouldn't feel about their career's situation. 

Also, show me where "I said no1 read the article" plz πŸ˜³

ALSO, I don't know where anybody, neither me, nor Frieda, are "whining about society" here

AND, I really don't see how Frieda is "arrogant" because she said "singlehandedly"?? She said single-handedly because she's took up all those roles yo.

Like hellooo 
-------------------------------------------

oops, it was some1 else who said it... but quote on quote made it difficult. Now, thats a major issue here. πŸ˜†

Shez in news for her "love and concerns" for India.. and her statements as I pointed out earlier.. singlehandadly offending many nationalities around the world coz she took all of their roles.. whats ur take on that? 

She has gone way further than whining abt a single society here. 

Why she thinks she singlehandadly "offended" those nationalities, races? And if she has taken up all those roles which r of non-Indians, what does this interview is all bout? Is she gonna get whitwashed for a Aussie girl? Nah, thats too much her worth. πŸ˜†