Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
What is freida doing in BW forum πŸ˜•
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
knee-jerk reactions from people without reading the article. 
The journos know eacvtly who theyre catering to...ignorant journos + ignorant readers = match made in heaven. 
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with her. I feel like she just gets judged by single quotes on here just for the sake of reactions. It makes sense that she would get tired of being offered roles based on ethnicity only.

And she follows Bollywood! Interesting choice in Alia Bhatt! Liked what she said about how Alia did that skit after KWK and had a great performance in Highway...quirky, independent, strong-willed...I can see why Freida would pick Alia as her favorite
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Here's a non-knee jerk reaction. I'm offended that this chick is being offered roles to play Iranian characters. She absolutely does not pass off as Iranian. This is lazy HW stereotyping of any non-white person can be fit into any non-white character, never mind that they may not fit the profile at all. 
There are plenty of very talented (much more so than Freida) Iranian actresses who probably lost out on this opportunity (and lord knows an Iranian starring role in Hollywood comes along once in a blue moon). Also, I would love to read the about face Freida would do when she's offered an Indian character (I can just picture her saying - "I grew up in India so I understand how problematic that society is so I can get into the skin of the character yadda yadda"). 

It's funny how much bhav she gets in I-F. No one gives an eff about her in HW. 
Priya_SD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
She needs to get off her high horse. Why is she always bad-mouthing India in all her interviews? Excuse me, but weren't you BORN AND RAISED there? By the way she always acted I thought she was an NRI. Only recently I found out that she's not. πŸ€”
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: swati1975us

Here's a non-knee jerk reaction. I'm offended that this chick is being offered roles to play Iranian characters. She absolutely does not pass off as Iranian. This is lazy HW stereotyping of any non-white person can be fit into any non-white character, never mind that they may not fit the profile at all. 

There are plenty of very talented (much more so than Freida) Iranian actresses who probably lost out on this opportunity (and lord knows an Iranian starring role in Hollywood comes along once in a blue moon). Also, I would love to read the about face Freida would do when she's offered an Indian character (I can just picture her saying - "I grew up in India so I understand how problematic that society is so I can get into the skin of the character yadda yadda"). 

It's funny how much bhav she gets in I-F. No one gives an eff about her in HW. 

2 of Maori NZ guys have played all kinds of small roles in HW.. mostly playing middle-easterns. HW me sab kuch chalta hai... All browns r the same for them. 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya_SD

She needs to get off her high horse. Why is she always bad-mouthing India in all her interviews? Excuse me, but weren't you BORN AND RAISED there? By the way she always acted I thought she was an NRI. Only recently I found out that she's not. πŸ€”

Dhobi ki kutti, na ghar ki na ghat ki. 
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ShylockHolmes

No one read the article

She is not talking about bollywood but she just don't want to do only indian ethnicity role in hollywood

THANK you!
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

2 of Maori NZ guys have played all kinds of small roles in HW.. mostly playing middle-easterns. HW me sab kuch chalta hai... All browns r the same for them. 

Bugs the life out of me. The Latino lobby with their united lobbying and influence has managed to ensure that Latino parts only go to Latina actresses (I have a friend from an Eastern European country who was an aspiring HW actress for a while and could totally pass for Latina - she was so upset that she'd never get called to audition for Latina roles πŸ˜†

But for Indians and Middle-Easterners it's still sab kuchh chalta hai. 

How I wish they had cast lovely Iranian actresses like Leila Hatami or Golshifteh Farahani would have done this instead of Freida "no-talent" Pinto!
AllBlacks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swati1975us

Bugs the life out of me. The Latino lobby with their united lobbying and influence has managed to ensure that Latino parts only go to Latina actresses (I have a friend from an Eastern European country who was an aspiring HW actress for a while and could totally pass for Latina - she was so upset that she'd never get called to audition for Latina roles πŸ˜†

But for Indians and Middle-Easterners it's still sab kuchh chalta hai. 

How I wish they had cast lovely Iranian actresses like Leila Hatami or Golshifteh Farahani would have done this instead of Freida "no-talent" Pinto!

The stereotypes in HW movies r way offensive than BW can even imagine. HW's oultlook from their movies is "we rule the world" more or less. Where as India's outlook is "we love our culture". 

But when some ppl mix up arrogance Vs celebrations.. there need to be an entire dictionary of English words to explain a simple thing which even a 5 years old can understand. 

Kuch log jo jayada jante hai, insaan ko kam pehchante hai.. "Some of those who know more, know less about humans". 

I have some seen some Iranian films on Rialto channel and they r damn good, way progressive but USA want the world to blv something else abt Iran. 

If some ppl in USA get their ways, they will make half of the world slave and other half to go around for holidays in the solar system. They wud also like  robots and dine-a-sours.. superheros can replace police. 

Appu in 'the simpsons" is stereotype of Indians for years now. No, we dont speak English like that nor we look like that. BUT, we not gonna make hue n cry abt it or ban the show. Lage raho.. 

Hum logo ko samaj sako to samjo dilbar jani
Jitna bhi tum samjoge utni hogi hairani. 

What lyrics by Javed Akhtar! πŸ‘