Aamir Khan seeks apology from Kamal Haasan

DianaPrince thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Aamir Khan seeks apology from Kamal Haasan

March 25, 2015 Sukarna Mondal 0 comments 

Actor Aamir Khan apologizes to Kamal Haasan for not supporting at a time when he needed. Aamir recently slammed the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) stating that ban is not a solution for anything. Earlier he had referred to 2013 Kamal Haasan movie Vishwaroopam' when he wanted to explain that if people don't like certain content, banning a film cannot be justified.

But now at a Ficci-Frames event, as per Hindustan Times report, Aamir Khan apologized to Kamal Haasan saying, "I really feel ashamed that at that time I was lost in my work but as an industry that was the time we had to come together. I apologise to you (Kamal Hassan) publicly that I wasn't there at that time. I feel bad that we weren't there with you. Banning a film is not right. Once the film has received the certification, it is the responsibility of the state to make sure that people can watch the film without any fear."

He also said, "I am totally against banning any kind of material. When the I&B minister spoke to us, he also clarified that actually the ministry has no such list of cuss words. It's a certification board and not the censor board. It was nice to hear that."

The Bollywood fraternity had a meeting with the I&B Minister recently.