Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
I'm not a Deepika worshiper. I'm just a normal fan. And yeah, I know that most everyone is probably annoyed with the overdose of Deepika threads. But I hardly create any on her and I'm going to take this opportunity to do so. So if you're one of those people who is annoyed and tired of Deepu threads, please don't read further.

Depression is not an easy issue to talk about in the public eye - and that especially when you're constantly in the public eye. Also depression is not a joke! Its not something that someone will talk to if they have not suffered from it. So those people that are saying its a PR stunt or just a way to get in the public eye, really shame on you! Its a serious issue and believe it or not many people suffer from depression without even really knowing it. Seriously kudos to Deepika for coming forward with this. Talking about it openly. Sometimes when you hear a public figure speak about it and hear a public figure tell you to go seek help, people listen. People will shun it away when parents talk about it or even close friends.

My respect has really tripled for Deepika. I read the entire chat transcript of her recent interview opening up to her depression. Lots of respect to her family too, especially her mom who was with her through thick and thin. I'm glad that she didn't fear that talking about depression would ruin her image, her reputation. In fact it only has made some people see a lot more in her than before. Sometimes what you see on the outside isn't what really is happening in the inside. I hope that people suffering seek the necessary help.

I would never in a hundred years guess that Deepu was going through such a hard phase in her life. She never showed that when in the public eye. She kept on that smile and kept fulfilling each and every one of her commitments with a big smile. Damn! That must have been one heck of a task. Kudos to this chick for going through so much yet letting no one know about her pain except those close to her. I'm glad she opening up to her family and sought help. Because depression can take you down an ugly path if not treated. Deepika, I stand so proud to be your fan right now. Like seriously girl you are my hero! :) #Respect

"Anxiety,Depression and Panic Attacks are not signs of weakness.They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - DPEdited by Cutiepie Rani - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
yes it was very brave, and a very worthwhile cause for her to talk about
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
True that ... she has been trying to remain strong since ranbir cheated on her .. there was going to be a meltdown eventually and I think - this was it.
Even after she got everything, she just probably felt empty because the real her deep down was still mourning the loss of her lover. And good that her family, friends, Ranveer, psychiatrists were there to help her at the right time. Otherwise, she could have gone the wrong way in her life. 
I don't know if it was a publicity stunt or not, but if it helps save even one life and makes it normal for people to come out and talk about their emotional issues then it is totally worth it. Most of the times, people with depression kind of issues get isolated and mocked by the society and taken advantage of because of their weak situation. If DP's talking about depression makes even one person get better and feel normal about their existence, then I guess it is a good thing.
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I Am not a fan but I agree, it takes a lot for someone to speak out about it and raise awareness. More power to her 
zaniax thumbnail
Honestly, after all those publicity stunts its hard to take Deepika seriously. Who knows maybe she just wants to rectify her image But if she genuinely wants to help ppl then I appreciate her efforts. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I agree it takes a lot of courage to speak out like that way she has. To face backlash and criticism. It takes strength and a strong friend and family support system. Plus having a companion like Ranveer is a plus. I think he's really good for her and I always see him making her laugh. It's a hard industry with a lot of pressure. Glad she spoke out about bc it encourages others to seek help and speak out. She's an inspirational person and a really good role
Model for her fans, especially the girls. Just my 2 cents. :)
briahna thumbnail
lol..i haven't really followed this depression issue, but if she indeed got into depression cos some ranbir dumped her..i wonder how Rekha ji coped with her depression. 99% of the time she was mocked at from industrywalas.
dietcoke1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Im watching the Barkha interview now and it is indeed very brave of her to talk about it...and by doing so she is definitely helping to make a difference...this is probably one of the best things she has donešŸ‘
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: briahna

lol..i haven't really followed this depression issue, but if she indeed got into depression cos some ranbir dumped her..i wonder how Rekha ji coped with her depression. 99% of the time she was mocked at from industrywalas.

Lol. She's such a drama queen, it has become her full-time job. Ever since the KWK episode, she's been on an image make over. Seedhi saadhi bholi bhaali lovingly types who went thru a heart break. šŸ„± post a dull year and her tits controversy which backfired, she has been back on reinventing her image. From kissing rivals to being creative to crying on TV about depression. šŸ˜³ oh my gaaawwwd.

Rekha ki maang mein toh Amit ji ka sindoor hai. She must have gone berserk after that betrayal.Edited by kitkataha - 9 years ago
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: briahna

She didn't get into depression after the RK episode. She got into depression after 2013.