Mythological Masti

Lakshmi-vishnu incarnates topic 3[ Durvasa's curse, Lakshmi's exit]

aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Durvasa's curse and Lakshmi's exit

As Devi Lakshmi reached the celestial heavens,at the very first, Lord vishnu performed worship  to lakshmidevi in vaikunth,followed by Brahma, lord Shiva,swayambhu Manu, Indradev,other devas, gandharvas,nagas and rishis.  Brahma worshipped on Bhadrapada shukla ashtami,vishnu initiated pujas on chaitra,pousha,bhadrapada tuesdays,thursdays and fridays.

lord Vishnu resided with Lakshmi in vaikunth happily.they were enjoying each others company.,but both of the divine beings were aware of their approaching separation. once,while vishnu was chit-chatting with Lakshmi,he was surprised ,when his beloved paused suddenly.he asked the reason and she replied ,'swami,its already the time to bid adieu to you.Lord's smile disappeared .she said,'you will have to work  really hard to get me back and would require mahadev Shiva's help.vishnu replied,'Pranpriye,you don't worry, I am ready to face any challenge which comes in my way to get you back.I would keep on waiting for you,just like Mahadev did till Sati's rebirth as Parvati.

Meanwhile, Durvasa muni went  to indradev to gift him a garland of parijata flowers,which devraj,out of arrogance,placed it around the neck of his airaavat[elephant]. out of grave anger, Durvasa cursed him,and the three worlds  to lose all the riches,and the entire universe would suffer in the absence of Lakshmi.

As soon as Durvasa pronounced the curse, Devi Lakshmi shared  the last glance with lord vishnu and disappeared from there😭,and took shelter in ksheere samudra.the vaikunth planet lost its charm,the devas lost the riches,lord shiva lost his curved Moon, Brahmadev lost his shrividya,all the goddesses ,men and women lost their jewels and ornaments,the entire earth lost its shri,the nature lost its beauty,and Lord vishnu lost his Lakshmi.without shri,the entire universe faced 'Ghora Amaavasya'.there was darkness everywhere...😭😭par picture ab bhi baaki hai mere friends😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Please do write of their reunion soon. I'm waiting eagerly and you know na, if you don't make Vishnu meet Lakshmi soon, then most probably Makhanchor Krishna is going to come after you! 😉

P.S. You write really well!
aparupanath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Please do write of their reunion soon. I'm waiting eagerly and you know na, if you don't make Vishnu meet Lakshmi soon, then most probably Makhanchor Krishna is going to come after you! 😉

P.S. You write really well!

😆😛don't worry dear, the eternal lovers would reunite soon,and this time,they would get married in front of the three worlds😳

😊thanks for the compliment Radhikerani.