Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
omg the sinatra song wasss lovely lovely..now i have to listen to this song.. the only irony my son is screeching with his clarinet right now πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
i just loooved the words.
and the pasta was perfect  πŸ˜‰ cute how he started making food..πŸ‘

I think i am loony or something but i totally totally Get II right now.. i get her insecurities.. her ego and everything that comes with it.
 From the beginning she has been the same when it came to R&B right through the wedding , every confidence she has goes out the window unless she is texting or fighting in a conference room.
she cant live without him, she would die without him but the woman doesnt think she is worthy of someone feeling the same in spite of everything she has 😭 i know several middle class girls who are like that ,me included, in college if a friend told me a really cool dude liked me i would laugh so hard like its not possible, only 17 years later i see him bald and no great shakes and then realize it was all in my mind :-) of course the husband and working and 2 kids and managing things were responsible for the confidence gain so II will take time and then will be screaming on top of her lungs for folks to arrive for dinner ,clean their rooms or saying gosh how did i land up marrying  your dad he drugged me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
My pov πŸ˜‰

one question so she is having her periods now? baap re πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: taramira

I think she can't and perhaps won't talk about her insecurities to anyone specifically because to marry him was totally her decision...despite the vehement disapproval from her parents...people who she has looked up to until now. Her questioning the relationship now with anyone would be a betrayal of her own self...she was swept off her feet and guided by her feelings alone she took the plunge without thinking of anything else..her life ahead, where she would live, children, money etc etc. although she is trying her  best to bring some semblance of sanity to her life...sanity which would have already been there readymade had she married sree. So I think her battles will be her very own...for good and for worse...

And thats why I said not Vandu or Sam.. But a friend.. Maybe Naina... Since I think Naina isnt rich either n Mihir is doing decently for himself. So it'll be like comparing notes about handling the status disparity in the relationship ... Its not so much about questioning her relationship but to talk about whether she is doing it even close to right about handling relationship. Mihir as far as I can see doesnt judge. He has been R&B's sole "friend"...not forcing him or blackmailing him like his family. If she talks to mihir, she'll get a 3rd person's perspective as well as from someone who knows how the quiet one functions mostly. But I could be wrong. If I were her, n had decided on marrying him inspite of family's doubts, I'd still go to my bestie n talk it... Its about the fact that friend is not so biased as family as well as almost same age group as us to get advice.
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Now waiting for Eiffel πŸ˜Š

Abhi shower se toh nikalne do!! πŸ˜†
Looongg HOT shower in cold paris... Long n Hot being the operative words
Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

Abhi shower se toh nikalne do!! πŸ˜†
Looongg HOT shower in cold paris... Long n Hot being the operative words

hehe... πŸ˜†  udo math...How much BESHARAM we are????...I dont think we are going to get detailed shower descriptions... πŸ˜† 

We shud better get married I think πŸ˜‰
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

hehe... πŸ˜†  udo math...How much BESHARAM we are????...I dont think we are going to get detailed shower descriptions... πŸ˜† 

We shud better get married I think πŸ˜‰

I never said Iwanted shower ka updateπŸ˜†πŸ€£
swathi1990 thumbnail

And thats why I said not Vandu or Sam.. But a friend.. Maybe Naina... Since I think Naina isnt rich either n Mihir is doing decently for himself. So it'll be like comparing notes about handling the status disparity in the relationship ... Its not so much about questioning her relationship but to talk about whether she is doing it even close to right about handling relationship. Mihir as far as I can see doesnt judge. He has been R&B's sole "friend"...not forcing him or blackmailing him like his family. If she talks to mihir, she'll get a 3rd person's perspective as well as from someone who knows how the quiet one functions mostly. But I could be wrong. If I were her, n had decided on marrying him inspite of family's doubts, I'd still go to my bestie n talk it... Its about the fact that friend is not so biased as family as well as almost same age group as us to get advice.

not naina re...She doesnt come ahead as a close friend..I think Bally is the best person.. Someone who is sane and can understand II very well...and could knock some sense into her πŸ˜†
swathi1990 thumbnail

I never said Iwanted shower ka updateπŸ˜†πŸ€£

Then wat did that mean ? πŸ˜‰
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tara
You stole my thoughts I was at the intersection next to my house and formulating a response for Swathi I happened to read yours

VERY WELL WRITTEN

Its not about who is a virgin and who is not, its about R&B is a COMPLETE antithesis of everything Iyer (whatever she did with Subbu IS AS WELL)
R&B  was not only sexually active, he was sexually acrive for 12 years with over a dozen women

THATS extremely hard for a middle class Iyer to get over, at least however I see my female protagonist... She had/has no support from family while making this choice, the sense of self doubt is tremendous

His swearing undying love for her is also not going to take it away in one stroke. It will only diminish if she spends 5, 10, or 20 years with him as a married woman.

Just like her Subbu or Sree could have had a fling too I am not denying that either, but neither would have been a serial cohabitant like R&B. He hasn't gone to bed alone in 12 years😲
 (the last 4 months notwithstanding)

In that R&B is extremely unique...

In II being a middle class Iyer who had ONE botched sexual encounter marrying him also is extremely unique

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Tara
You stole my thoughts I was at the intersection next to my house and formulating a response for Swathi I happened to read yours

VERY WELL WRITTEN

Its not about who is a virgin and who is not, its about R&B is a COMPLETE antithesis of everything Iyer (whatever she did with Subbu IS AS WELL)
R&B  was not only sexually active, he was sexually acrive for 12 years with over a dozen women

THATS extremely hard for a middle class Iyer to get over, at least however I see my female protagonist... She had/has no support from family while making this choice, the sense of self doubt is tremendous

His swearing undying love for her is also not going to take it away in one stroke. It will only diminish if she spends 5, 10, or 20 years with him as a married woman.

Just like her Subbu or Sree could have had a fling too I am not denying that either, but neither would have been a serial cohabitant like R&B. He hasn't gone to bed alone in 12 years😲

In II being a middle class Iyer who had ONE botched sexual encounter marrying him also is extremely unique

This R&B reminds me of soo much someone I know... In behavior... Not appearance... I call him the "no asar,no answer" guy, n he laughs at that... He shows least reaction n is super frugal with words. Pulling words out of his mouth Its like pulling teeth from mouth... Difficult!! πŸ˜† N then u have his "wordly wiseness"πŸ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Tara

VERY WELL WRITTEN

If his past activity is the only thing that concerns her soo bad then whats with wont take your money, wont even take money from yur family's elders, you shouldn't buy anything for my family - not even the sweets n fruits that we'll take for them. How would shelike it if R&B had refused her family's gifts to him?? Even the gift ard that her Amma so lovingly gifted... What if R&B had refused that... Not like IIis seeing these gift giving in indian custom tiday... Its appears more like uncaring towards family's feelings more than the righteousness... We as readers know her thoughts but not the Bhalla family... So isnt it going to hurt them that whatever they give she refuses?