Milap Zaveri lashes out at Anurag Kashyap for his remarks on 'Masti'

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Milap Zaveri lashes out at Anurag Kashyap for his remarks on 'Masti' and 'Grand Masti'

Deccan Chronicle | March 11, 2015, 11.03 am IST

Mumbai: Celebrity Twitter feuds never seem to get old, and the latest famous personalities to join the fight club are directors Milap Zaveri and Anurag Kashyap. The Mastizaade' director apparently took offence to a statement made by Kashyap in a recent interview where he was promoting his upcoming film Hunterr'.

Hunterr' is a sex-comedy, which follows the story of a young man's chase for sex. When asked if Kashyap was all for other sex-comedy films like Masti' and Masti 2', the Bombay Velvet' director responded saying, "No I don't like Masti, and I won't watch it also. I wouldn't watch it on cable or for free, not even if someone paid me 5 crores."

Milap is known for his commercial sex-comedy films including Masti', and Grand Masti', which have done very well at the box office. Anurag Kashyap's films on the other hand cater to a niche audience, and may have not had a huge turnover at the box office, but have still managed to strike a cord with a large section of the movie-going audience.

Balancing Anurag Kashyap's comments in the interview, director Vikas Bahl who is one of the co-owners of Phantom Films with Anurag, Vikramaditya Motwani and Madhu Mantena admitted her enjoyed watching Zaveri's films. 

Zaveri later took to Twitter to slam the director in a series of tweets. He posted:

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

"@Bollyhungama: https://amp.twimg.com/v/e955ed82-8811-4399-afa8-f2fc149730c1 ..." Mr Kashyap Ure lifetime films combined haven't made as much as #Masti n #GrandMasti so take a hike!

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

Anurag Kashyap says if someone gives him 5 cr also he won't see #Masti or #GrandMasti Maybe that's why most of his films don't do even 5cr!

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

Jab box office Aapke pichwaade pe "hunterrr" maarega na tab pata chalega ki sex comedy mein #Masti aur #GrandMasti Aapke baap lagte hain!

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

Anurag says he isn't frustrated to see #GrandMasti Correct. He makes #Girlintheyellowboots where a father gets handjobs from his daughter.

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

I respect @mohit11481 who On directors round table with @RajeevMasand said #GrandMasti was his fav film that year. Bravo! Learn Mr Kashyap

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

Everyone has a right to not like something. But that dislike can be expressed in a civil manner without being derogatory Mr Kashyap.

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

Anurag made these tacky remarks about #GrandMasti while promoting his own sex com #Hunterrr How's that for double standards?

Milap Zaveri @zmilap  

I loved #Queen n #Lootera made by @VikramMotwane n @BahlVikas n respect them for being civil in the interview unlike Anurag.

Anurag Kashyap is not stranger to controversy. The director even stated at the start of the interview that his words have often been misinterpreted and misquoted in order to generate sensational headlines.

In his personal opinion he said, "I watch a film only if it has actually run for a week or if I trust the director. When a film has actually run for a week not dependent on the opening, then I would definitely go and watch it. There must be something in it."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150311/entertainment-bollywood/article/milap-zaveri-lashes-out-anurag-kashyap-his-remarks-masti-and

Edited by touch_of_pink - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ˜†

Honestly, Hunterr looks like intellectuals ka Grand Masti from the trailers.
Edited by KochurShaakBata - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: KochurShaakBata

๐Ÿ˜†

Honestly, Hunterr looks like intellectuals ka Grand Masti from the trailers.

I didn't see anything remotely intellectual in the trailer. 

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Woah did Anurag actually say all that? How elitist & condescending can he get..He & Zoya now look like long lost siblings ๐Ÿ˜†
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NailClipper

I didn't see anything remotely intellectual on the trailer.

Not talking about content, talking about packaging and the producer's name. Add Kashyap to the credit, make innovative promotional songs and make the commercial films dissing intellectuals go gaga. :P
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The 5 crore thing was not necessary. .but hey we gotta promote!
Rupalov thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Milap Zaveri sounds unbalanced and loony. Who goes on a Twitter rant of multiple tweets for a movie like GrandMasti. He either had some old old grudge against Kashyap or he is just plain crazy.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Anurag will shut him up with BV's 150cr. 
WreckTangle. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Zaveri going cray cray.kashyap has superiority issue but basically  is same caters niche sex stories to niche audience.
VivaEmptiness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Who let this psycho out from his cage? And what does not liking a movie have to do anything with how much money it made. How do idiots like this become writers? ๐Ÿ˜•

TGIYB is one of my least favorite Anurag movie but comparing that scene to trash like grandmasti is pathetic, no wonder he can't see why people didn't like the movie.Edited by VivaEmptiness - 9 years ago