Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: yajna93

@AnuMP
u also said "Btw, since you included Panchali in the group that was blacker than depicted" ------------------------------ I admit here that it had been a mistake by me for having included Paanchaalii in that group -------------------------- I should have specifically stated "the 5 Paanddavas" ---------------------------------- I accept that Draupadii had done only 2 wrongs {those were heinous injustices though} in her entire life ----------------------- her otherwise overall life is full of sacrifices & greatness

However,,,, one thing I never liked about Draupadii was that whenever Druupada or Kuntii or any of the 5 Paanddavas etc. perpetrated her[if someone wants to know as to how & when Yudhhishtthhira etc. crimed upon Paanchaalii, I would suggest that person to closely look at the final journey of the 5 & Draupadii when Draupadii was the first to die -------------- & Yudhhishtthhira offered a terrible explanation {on being enquired (by Bhhema) of/about the cause}],, she kept silent & even accepted the outcomes mutely ---------------- she was only vocal whenever her offender used to be outside of her near n dear ones {like Keechaka, Jayadrathha, Dushshaasana etc.}

& talking of the DS
wasn't it Karna himself who gave a certificate to Paanchaalii ???? This clearly goes to show that Karna realized what a great character Draupadii happened to be, only after she freed the Paanddavas (by virtue of the vardaans offered by Monarch Dhhritaraashttra) ---------------- prior to the DS, Karna had met Draupadii only twice ------------------- & in both those 2 occasions, Draupadii had turned out to be a criminal ----------------------- now, u tell me ---------- if a person violates you, & the next time u meet him/her, he/she, on this instance,  perpetrates your best friend ------------ what opinion will you form about that person ???? it is quite obvious that u'll view that person as some huge Villain and/or some shaiitaan type of vile creature --------------- that was Karna's opinion about Paanchaalii too ---------------- he had seen her only twice ------------ & in both these 2 cases, she had ended up as an injustice doer ------------------- so, he had thought of her to be some humongously vile evil shaiitaan like villain -------------------------------- many years have elapsed, & he is yet to get the justice, & his perpetrator is yet to get her deserved punishment ------------------ now when that "villain" was herself getting atrocized this time around {by none other than his best friend & his best friend's brother}, he could not control the pain & agony {& thus the anger}  that he had to domesticate for so many years & his furious brain wished to exact revenge {note that I'm saying "exact revenge" instead of saying "take revenge"} ------------------ all he did was to ensure that his "villain" indeed ended up getting a public indignation coz both he & his best friend had been meted out with public indignation by that same Woman -------------- when a few people were questioning the logics n arguements of Shakunii & Duryodhhana etc., Karna said that unsavoury sentence only to ensure that Shakunii+Duryodhhana's logics do not get defeated, otherwise, his "villain" would go scott free one again ------------------------ he succeeded, his "villain" indeed was handed out with public tarnishment ---------------------- now,,, he sudenly notices\witnesses that that Woman is nowhere close to a 'villain' as he used to be thinking of her for so long ---------------------- he now sees her in a different light altogether bcoz of her greatness & mental strength & strong character & wisdom & perseverance etc. ----------------------- he now, for the first time ever, understands how great a Human Being that Woman happens to be ------------------------ he now realizes that the 2 previous atrocities committed by her (first one against him, 2nd one upon his best friend) were two exceptions,, & that, her character is otherwise a brilliant exemplary iconic character --------------------- thus, he confers a certificate in favour of her

this is the best thing about Karna that he accepted his wrongdoing/Crime/offence ------------------ sadly,,, [& I don't know why ---------------- perhaps u'll be a better person to explain, @AnuMP jii -------------------------- bcoz of being much more knowledgable(than me) about/regarding Paanchaalii's] we have never witnessed the (otherwise) GREAT exemplary ICONIC wise brave superheroine Draupadii confessing\admitting her wrongdoings

I thought it was clear that BOTH "Sutputra" and "andhe ka putra andha" comments are INTERPOLATIONS. The Critical edition has not included them. So why would she admit any wrongdoing when she never committed it?
Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Crazyphoenix...I think this debate is pointless... 😆

Originally posted by: amritat

Crazyphoenix...I think this debate is pointless... 😆

any debate with any Karna fan is pointless 😆 why did I even try😆
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Crazypheonix008

any debate with any Karna fan is pointless 😆 why did I even try 😆

Word 😆
Poor Draupadi, she is facing blames for words she never even thought to utter ðŸ˜­
Edited by Urmila11 - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

any debate with any Karna fan is pointless 😆 why did I even try😆

It's not about any fan group...We all are sensitive about our favourites...

But if a person is not ready to listen to facts being provided, then it's better to not argue furtuer...

I have heard people saying this before, 'Why did Draupadi never apologize?'
The answer is simple...She probablu never made the mistakes to begin with.
She probably never insulted Karna n she definitely never insulted Duryodhan...which is y she never had to apologize...

Originally posted by: Urmila11

Word 😆
Poor Draupadi, she is facing blames for words she never even thought to utter ðŸ˜­

She faces blames for many things she hasn't done just because she dared to ask uncomfortable questions in DS which shamed all the men present there and also because she wanted justice for herself. How Dare she?! she should have just groveled for mercy in DS and forgotten all the insults from DS and forgiven the poor innocent Dury, Dushy and the noblest of them all Karna 😆

Originally posted by: yajna93

if these 2 really are actually interpolations indeed,,,,,, then,, IMO,,,, the irrational people who added/appended these interpolations,, must face severe deterrent punishments for trying to distort the true events

and,,,,,,,, another thing iz that,,,,, if indeed these 2 are interpolations,,, I will truly indeed stop worshipping Karna as a superhero -------------------- infact,,,, in such a case,, he will be a very different Karna from the Karna that the entire World is familiar with ----------------- in case these 2 really are interpolations indeed,,, then I will be finding not much of difference between Duryodhhana\DronaAachaarya\Kuntii & the recently found new character/personality of Karna -------------------------------------------- but,,,;,,, if these 2 are indeed interpolations,,,, then the kind of newly discovered character that I'm finding for Karna, does not have an iota of match with the kind of character that we witness for him during the great Daanveer act\deed\conduct ðŸ˜²

please help me out as I'm utterly flabbergasted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Karna himself ask for the shakti weapon? doesn't that make it more of a transaction than any "noble" act?
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Yes Karna himself asked for the shakti weapon. Here is the citation:

Vaisampayana continued, "When the illustrious slayer of Paka refused to ask for any other boon, Karna with a smile again addressed him, saying, 'O god of gods, even before this, I had recognised thee, O Lord! O Sakra, it is not proper for me to confer on thee any unprofitable boon, for thou art the very lord of the celestials! On the contrary, being as thou art the Creator and lord of all beings, it is thou that shouldst confer boons on me! If, O god, I give thee this coat of mail and ear-rings, then I am sure to meet with destruction, and thou shalt also undergo ridicule! Therefore, O Sakra, take my earrings and excellent mail in exchange for something conferred by thee on me! Otherwise, I will not bestow them on thee!' Thereupon Sakra replied, 'Even before I had come to thee, Surya had known of my purpose and without doubt, it is he that hath unfolded everything unto thee! O Karna, be it as thou wishest! O son, except the thunder-bolt alone, tell me what it is that thou desirest to have!'"

That seems to be a perfect trade, not a charity at all.

Originally posted by: Urmila11

Yes Karna himself asked for the shakti weapon. Here is the citation:

Vaisampayana continued, "When the illustrious slayer of Paka refused to ask for any other boon, Karna with a smile again addressed him, saying, 'O god of gods, even before this, I had recognised thee, O Lord! O Sakra, it is not proper for me to confer on thee any unprofitable boon, for thou art the very lord of the celestials! On the contrary, being as thou art the Creator and lord of all beings, it is thou that shouldst confer boons on me! If, O god, I give thee this coat of mail and ear-rings, then I am sure to meet with destruction, and thou shalt also undergo ridicule! Therefore, O Sakra, take my earrings and excellent mail in exchange for something conferred by thee on me! Otherwise, I will not bestow them on thee!' Thereupon Sakra replied, 'Even before I had come to thee, Surya had known of my purpose and without doubt, it is he that hath unfolded everything unto thee! O Karna, be it as thou wishest! O son, except the thunder-bolt alone, tell me what it is that thou desirest to have!'"

That seems to be a perfect trade, not a charity at all.

I had also read somewhere that Karna's vow to not refuse anything was taken much later when war seemed inevitable. He had taken a wow to grant anything to anyone when asked after his surya puja to please the Gods and get the power to fulfill his wow of killing Arjuna. I may be wrong.
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail

I had also read somewhere that Karna's vow to not refuse anything was taken much later when war seemed inevitable. He had taken a wow to grant anything to anyone when asked after his surya puja to please the Gods and get the power to fulfill his wow of killing Arjuna. I may be wrong.

No you are not wrong. Here is the citation from Van Parva (this vow was taken when Pandava exile was almost to an end):

After Duryodhana performed the Vaishnava sacrifice:

And the Suta's son, rising up, said, 'By good luck it is, O foremost of the Bharata race, that this mighty sacrifice of thine hath been brought to a close. When, however, the sons of Pritha shall have been slain in battle and thou wilt have completed the Rajasuya sacrifice, once again, O lord of men, shall I honour thee thus.' Then that mighty king, the illustrious son of Dhritarashtra, replied unto him, 'Truly hath this been spoken by thee. When, O foremost of men, the wicked-minded Pandavas have been slain, and when also the grand Rajasuya hath been celebrated by me, then thou shalt again, O hero, honour me thus.' And having said this, O Bharata, the Kaurava embraced Karna, and began, O mighty king, to think of the Rajasuya, that foremost of sacrifices. And that best of kings also addressed the Kurus around him, saying, 'When shall I, ye Kauravas, having slain all the Pandavas, celebrate that costly and foremost of sacrifices, the Rajasuya.' Then spake Karna unto him, saying, 'Hear me, O elephant among kings! So long as I do not slay Arjuna, I shall not allow any one to wash my feet, nor shall I taste meat. And I shall observe the Asura vow and whoever may solicit me (for any thing), I never shall say, 'I have it not.'