Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@Yajna93

God bless you when you decide to get married. Have a competition based on merit and not on personal liking for a man of a certain typeπŸ˜†. After all, the woman in question is only an object to be given to the BEST of some category. Not that she should have a voice of her own. Am sure in that competition, the men world over will be allowed to particpiate - Chinese / Mexican / Native American / Latino / Black / White / Indian no bar. Language no bar. Religion no bar. Age range 9-99. Of course caste no bar either in this wide and varied land where no one hesitates to marry outside of caste in the year 2015.πŸ˜†

In a job application, none of these can be used to disqualify an otherwise qualified individual, but in a marriage, you can have any darned criteria you want. I can even say I will only marry the Prince of EnglandπŸ˜† It may not happen, but it is my right to say so and remain single otherwise.😊

If you have actually read the epic, you will know that there is no character without faults in MB. Karna is not completely white. He had his share of major faults. Amrita has listed some out, so I won't repeat it.

And by the way the Southern Versions say KRISHNA stopped Karna. CE does not even mention the Suta Putra comment. So when you are busy asking Lord Krishna to pardon people like us, you may want to ask him to explain himself to youπŸ˜†. In addition, you may want to ask him to explain why he was tearing into Karna at the moment of his death for daring to laugh at Panchali and for enjoying the proceedings in the DS.

Also, excuse me, while you were busy castigating the rest of us for being supportive of someone who used the Suta word, you seem to have no problem using plainly disgusting language yourself and that too, just to insult, not to avoid getting into a marriage you do not want.

Btw, since you included Panchali in the group that was blacker than depicted, why don't you enlighten us how she was 'black'er? The Suta Putra and Andhe Ka Putra comments are interpolations as per the team who did CE. The war she waged was for justice; any system that is capable of assaulting women and crowding around enjoying a near rape like that has to come down. What else can you bring up?
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yajna93

@AnuMP
It was not the system that "endorsed" or "is capable" of assaulting a Woman and/or "doing near Rape" of her --------------------- you should specifically condemn the perpetrators (only) here {i.e. Duryodhhana, Dushshaasana & Shakunii ------------ & to a certain extent Karna} ------------------------------ the system never permitted or supported Duryodhhana ---- Shakunii's attempt to tarnish Draupadii

another thing is that Paanchaalii did not wage any War ----------------------- her husbands waged a War only in order to get back their kingdom\Empire

& since u were talking of my marriage,,, let me tell you that even if I had to arrange a competeition, I would straightaway make it clear who are permitted to take part & who are not ------------------------------ I won't do a p[erpetration like Draupadii where she did allow a so--called low_born to take part & eventually disqualified him only after he had already won two thirds of the competition

Well I am glad to see that u are partially enlightened... πŸ‘
Draupadi did not wage war...Check.

But u made a slight mistake...If u read the epic, u would know that it was Karna who was involved THE MOST in that imcident...Shakuni was barely silent...Duryodhan had uttered only one infamous dialogue, n we all know wat Dushasen was doing...Read Sabha Parva...n if u want, I could give u the link...
It was Karna who had done most of the talking...so 'to some extent' is not apllicable to him...

As for Draupadi's Swamvar...The words she uttered was 'Na Aham Varayami Sutam' or 'I shall not take a Suta as my Lord'...
I'll tell u wat the CVs did...they made Draupadi say horrible things to Karna like that long Bhoot, Pisach dialogue to make the viewers feel really really bad for Karna...In the epic, Draupadi never said so much...
But then they compensated that blackwashing with a prior whitewashing with that Surya Narayan scene...

And Draupadi came to know of her suitors only after she had entered the arena on the 16th day...If she had known before, she could have said before...And watever u are saying for ur marriage, u are saying this bcoz u belong to the 21st Century...At Dwapar Yug, Pratiloma marriage was a big deal...It's easy to be a 21st Century girl n say 'Draupadi was a racist'...At that age, everyone was rigid about Caste...
So it was Drupad's fault to have invited Karna, not Draupadi's...

Anyway, this discussion is completely pointless...bcoz most versions do not contain the Sutaputra comment...
The Critical Edition, which is probably the most authentic version has edited that comment bcoz it is believed that the Sutaputra comment was added later to malign Draupadi...
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@yajna93: At that time, everybody obeyed caste system. Inter-caste marriages were not allowed. Sutas were not allowed to marry a kshatriya girl. Did Karna not know this fact? I don't think he was so ignorant. Then why did he join the contest in first place? I would like to say he himself invited that comment. It was very natural that a kshatriya princess would not marry a suta. Kshatriya girls could marry either a kshstriya or a Brahmin (higher caste).
And also, if someone proposes a girl and the girl does not want to marry that person, it's her choice and she has full right to express her wish. The man too should respect her wish. Why should the man take this refusal as his 'insult'? It was a swayamvar and bride's choice was above all, according to norms of swayamvars of that era. And calling a suta by 'suta' directly was very common those days so where is 'insult'? If a person takes such a normal thing as his 'insult' then his nature does not seem very normal or very 'white' IMO.
What was the girl's fault here? Can you imagine how much tension a girl had to face in her swayamvar, especially when it was based on a contest instead of her own choice? What do you think, even after knowing Jarasansha, Shishupal, Duryodhan, etc's nature she would have liked to marry any of them even if they won the contest? I'm sure she would have stopped Jarasandha or Duri too if either of them seemed near success. Karna was then well known as friend of Duri, and I think Drupad did not use to keep very 'white' picture for Duri in his mind. And lakshagriha conspiracy was already well known then. So it's natural that Drupad's daughter would try to avoid any unwanted person.
Finally I would like to tell you that in Southern version of MB, Draupadi was silent. She did not have to speak anything as Karna failed to hit the target.

Edited by Urmila11 - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: yajna93

@AnuMP
u said "any system that is capable of assaulting women and crowding around enjoying a near rape like that has to come down" ------------------------- so u try to bring down such systems by deploying eunuchs on the battlefield ??? u bring down that system by sacrificing a tender boy like Abhhimanyuu ??? u bring down that system by inhumanly injuring weaponless Warriors {even if that Warrior be a very old aged man} ???? u bring down that system by using brave Ghhattotkacha as an object/commodity ???? u bring down that system by faking a Sunset ??? u bring down that system by telling lies to a father about his son's false death ????

@AnuMP
u also said "you may want to ask him to explain why he was tearing into Karna at the moment of his death for daring to laugh at Panchali and for enjoying the proceedings in the DS" ------------------------------ I admit that Karna had done an injustice by saying "since she is ###..., so there is nothing wrong in disrobing her" ------------ so, Lord Shree Krishnna tearing into Karna is not that unjustified ---------------------------------------------------- but,,,;,,, did Lord Shree Krishnna ecen once tear into Paanchaalii for being so abusive & violative at Druupada's Sawayamdaamaada ????? did he ever condemn Paanchaalii's criminal action\deed at the Raajasuuya Yagna ??? Lord Shree Krishnna was perfectly clean uptill the point of becoming ruler of Dwarkaa --------------- ever since he appeared as a character of Mahaabhharata, all we see of him is partiality & inclination towards 6 characters {LOL :P he never even showed that kind of Godfather type behaviour with Abhhimanyuu or Subhhadraa etc. ------------------- he was only concerned about 6 characters ------------------ & whenever any of these 6 characters used to do any injustice, Lord used to downplay that incident so much so as if to suggest that the perpetrator wasn't even guilty after all} ----------------------- thus,,, its not any surprising that Lord Shree Krishnna died in that ridiculous fashion at the hands of the hunter named Jaraa

Bhheeshma, Karna, Abhhimanyuu, Ghhtatotkacha, Uttar Kumaara etc. died heroic\superheroic deaths

Dushshaasana & Shakunii & Duryodhhana & Ashwatthhaamaa etc. got their deserved

Yajna...Do u completely believe wat shown om Star Plus?
Half of the things were done to only glorify the Pandavas n Karna n Kunti n Draupadi...

U know initially when I saw post, I got really angry...bcoz u called us 'shits'.
U can debate for ur favourite character but u cannot insult members here like this...That is against IF rules...

Ohkay...coming to the point...
Draupadi NEVER insulted the men during Rajsuya Yajna by doing their Shastraharan...That is completely a Star Plus creation...In fact, in the scene where Duryodhan fell down everyone was laughing along with Draupadi...
It was not as though only Draupadi was laughing...In fact, Draupadi's name is not even mentioned in the scene...
And that dialogue, 'Andha Ka Putra Andha' was created in the 1960s by some Hindi playwright in a Hindi magazine...
Nowhere in the epic, Draupadi utters such disgusting words...
That line was endorsed by BR Chopra's Mahabharat...n a PIL was filed against him for including this talse dialogue n maligning Draupadi...Do u know that?

U see Draupadi is my favourite character...n in the past one year, if I am doing anything then I am researching on her...
She was a sharp-tongued womam but she never insulted anyone without provocation...
Sutaputra comment is wn interpolation n 'Andha Ka Putra Andha' is just a rumour...That is y Lord Krishna never scolded Draupadi...bcoz He had no reason to...

If u want, I can provide the link...
Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even if the "sutputra" comment is taken as fact., it does not mean that Karna was justified in abusing Draupadi in DS. Karna's assault is comparable to a jilted romeo throwing acid on the face of the girl who rejected him.  Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Urmila11

@yajna93: At that time, everybody obeyed caste system. Inter-caste marriages were not allowed. Sutas were not allowed to marry a kshatriya girl. Did Karna not know this fact? I don't think he was so ignorant. Then why did he join the contest in first place? I would like to say he himself invited that comment. It was very natural that a kshatriya princess would not marry a suta. Kshatriya girls could marry either a kshstriya or a Brahmin (higher caste).
And also, if someone proposes a girl and the girl does not want to marry that person, it's her choice and she has full right to express her wish. The man too should respect her wish. Why should the man take this refusal as his 'insult'? It was a swayamvar and bride's choice was above all, according to norms of swayamvars of that era. And calling a suta by 'suta' directly was very common those days so where is 'insult'? If a person takes such a normal thing as his 'insult' then his nature does not seem very normal or very 'white' IMO.
What was the girl's fault here? Can you imagine how much tension a girl had to face in her swayamvar, especially when it was based on a contest instead of her own choice? What do you think, even after knowing Jarasansha, Shishupal, Duryodhan, etc's nature she would have liked to marry any of them even if they won the contest? I'm sure she would have stopped Jarasandha or Duri too if either of them seemed near success. Karna was then well known as friend of Duri, and I think Drupad did not use to keep very 'white' picture for Duri in his mind. And lakshagriha conspiracy was already well known then. So it's natural that Drupad's daughter would try to avoid any unwanted person.
Finally I would like to tell you that in Southern version of MB,
Draupadi was silent. She did not have to speak anything as Karna failed
to hit the target.

Sema...y are we giving arguments on this?
Isnt the Sutaputra comment an interpolation?
In Mahabharat, any major incident is referred to atleast twice...But Karna himself never mentioned anything...
Later, Karna never refers being insulted by Draupadi...n noone else did it...

BORI's Critical Edition which was made after 50 yrs of research has edited this comment...bcoz as Nidhi had pointed out, only 3 out 23 manuscripts contain the Sutaputra comment which clearly indicates that it is an interpolation..
I wish the Critical Edition was found online...

This is y I detest these TV serials...They completely endorse wrong image of the characters...
The Sutaputra comment is kept everywhere bcoz it fetches a lot of TRPs...
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Oho that 'andhe ka putra' thing is still alive πŸ˜²πŸ˜­
Yajna, it was a pure BRC creation, she was never present in the spot at all when Duri fell. Please read the original epic, please!!! It was Bheem who mainly laughed, later accompanied by his other brothers except Yudhishthir. Draupadi was not in the picture.
And as Amrita said, Starbharat was total wrong in adding those 'bhoot pishaach' things in swayamvar and also some stray 'monkey' comment during vastraharan. I don't know what Starbharat got by justifying Karna's 'single' mistake like this. But believe us, Draupadi never said anything like this. In real vastraharan it was Karna who was insulting her ruthlessly but she was so noble and so dignified that she never gave any single reply to him. Personally I could not blame her if she really insulted Karna back with that monkey donkey etc Starbharat creations, because the words she heard from Karna were simply intolerable for a Mahasati like her! But she did not do so.
Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oho that 'andhe ka putra' thing is still alive πŸ˜²πŸ˜­
Yajna, it was a pure BRC creation, she was never present in the spot at all when Duri fell. Please read the original epic, please!!! It was Bheem who mainly laughed, later accompanied by his other brothers except Yudhishthir. Draupadi was not in the picture.
And as Amrita said, Starbharat was total wrong in adding those 'bhoot pishaach' things in swayamvar and also some stray 'monkey' comment during vastraharan. I don't know what Starbharat got by justifying Karna's 'single' mistake like this. But believe us, Draupadi never said anything like this. In real vastraharan it was Karna who was insulting her ruthlessly but she was so noble and so dignified that she never gave any single reply to him. Personally I could not blame her if she really insulted Karna back with that monkey donkey etc Starbharat creations, because the words she heard from Karna were simply intolerable for a Mahasati like her! But she did not do so.

TRPs πŸ˜†
amritat thumbnail

Oho that 'andhe ka putra' thing is still alive😲😭

Seriously Sema...Star Plus made Draupadi insult Karna thrice...

Once at Swamvar...One sentence of 'I shall not take a Suta as my lord' (which is not there in most versions)
was deliberately stretched to a paragraph long 'Bhoot-Pret' dialogue...
I remember when I saw that episode I was feeling that killing the CVs...

Then at Rajsuya Yajna...they invented that Shastraharan...That was so disgusting!!
Women in those days were not allowed to come in public...

Then during Dyut Sabha, they made Draupadi call Karna a monkey!!
Even after all that Karna said, in the epic, Draupadi NEVER replied to him...Instead she went on pleading to the elders for justice...

Remember...how much we bashed the CVs for all this...
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
@Amrita, I know that suta comment does not exist in most of the versions. But if anybody likes to believe KMG or Neelkantha version then too I have enough logic to support Draupadi. You know, I always like to keep logic for all kinds of possible aarops against my favourites πŸ˜†