Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: amritat

It's difficult for us to avoid a show on Mahabharat...Curiousity wont let us avoid it... 😆
I hope they focus on Karna's personal life with his wife n kids n his various battles...

I just hope they dont show Draupadi for more than a few episodes...I dont want another fan page on fb bashing Draupadi...So, I just hope they dont show Draupadi much n focus solely on Karna's personal life which was not shoen much on Mahabharat...

They will not only show Karna's personal life, they will also add special spices of folklores like his golden teeth or sandalwood furniture 😆 and of course viewers will never know that those stories do not exist in epic but in modern novels 🤢
As for Draupadi, I suspect that in this one she will insult Karna even more harshly than ⭐️Bharat 😭 otherwise how will the makers justify Karna's 'only one' sin 'bandhaki'?
..Dharma_dasi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Completely agree with u urmi didi... even I am not interested in karna's character as such... but would watch some episodes if pandavas are shown positively. (which will always b a dream i know)
But this serial is also by swastik prod. So i guess they wont bash pandavas n draupadi hard quite like starbharat.
Well other things will unfold as the serial comes. Hopefully cast selection will as good as of starbharat!
I am sorry fr my lack of knowledge di but what is bandhaki ??
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@Mohini, Bandhaki is a Sanskrit word which means veshyaa (prostitute). That is the word used by Karna to Draupadi in dice hall, with many more offensive comments and offers.
And I will be happy if cast selection is good, but my super seven will not appear in maximum episodes so what will I do watching it 😭 Even in ⭐️Bharat, I got bored when they showed only kauravas throughout a whole episode 😆 this show will be like that only. 
..Dharma_dasi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Urmila Ohh ok... thanks fr the description didi.
I am really surprised to see so much similarity between us. Even i just luved the super seven, n there episodes.
Well leaving everything on kanhaji we will see to this serial when it comes. Only wish is that may it fulfil its main objective.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Urmila11

They will not only show Karna's personal life, they will also add special spices of folklores like his golden teeth or sandalwood furniture 😆 and of course viewers will never know that those stories do not exist in epic but in modern novels 🤢
As for Draupadi, I suspect that in this one she will insult Karna even more harshly than ⭐️Bharat 😭 otherwise how will the makers justify Karna's 'only one' sin 'bandhaki'?

Honestly...not bothered anymore about anything except Draupadi...
They can glorify Karna as much as they want...Anyway Karna is glorified everywhere...
If they leave Draupadi alone n not drag n malign her to make people gain sympathy for Karna, then I am satisfied.

Dont care about anything else...
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Before Arjun,Krishna and Draupadi the actual villian of the show will be Kunti I guess.. because any Karna based thing has to make khichdi out of Kunti and show how shrewd cunning she was...

Next in list will be Draupadi

And oh god I am sick of KaJu nowadays more tha n Yudhi-Arjun or Bheem-Arjun bond KaJu is much hot a topic 😡
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Eh. I don't have the stomach to digest a show on Karna, which I know will be 80% fiction and only 20% fact. 🤪 People's obsession with Karna makes them take stories from other versions and deviate from the original epic by Vyasa, and I have no doubt this show will be the same and depict Karna as a big victim by whitewashing his crimes. I also wouldn't be surprised if this show portrayed the nonexistent romance between Karna and Draupadi. 🥱

Very very well said Janaki. I totally agree with you. 

That's why I have decided not to watch this show and even if I watch on and off I will never join its forum. I don't think I will like whitewashing of Karna and Bkackwashing of all else. 
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: yajna93

@Gitanjali
where were you when StarBhharata was overglorifying the Paanddavas & Draupadii ???

Star Plus' Mahabharat serial had glorified the Pandavas, Karna and Kunti...all alike...and Draupadi as well in some scenes...
And totally blackwashed Duryodhan and Shakuni...
Don't know wat they will do in this one...
amritat thumbnail

@Urmila11
where the hell were you when the Star Bhaarata showed Draup[adii of being innocent of the racist\casteist humiliation that she handed out to Karna ???? that show showed Lord SuuryaNaaraayana absolving Draupadii of that crime as if to sggest that she did not comitt any wrong whatsoever ----------------------- where have you been for so long when the Paanddavas used to be overglorified by that Star Plus serial ????

No offence...but I suggest u read the epic, if u havent read it already.
In the epic...all those Bhoot-Pisach dialogue is not there...and yes, that Surya-Narayan part is also not there...
amritat thumbnail

why does someone need to drag in Draupadii or the Paanddavas ????
Karna is anyways so great that no one needs to gain sympoathy for him ----------------- rather,,,, that Star Plus show tried their best to gain as much sympathy as possible for Draupadii & the Paanddavas ------------------------------- where the hell were you then ????

only unprejudiced illogical people like you can think that "sympathy needs to be gained for Karna" ----------------------- may Lord Shree Krishnna pardon shits like you

🤣
I see you are a new member...U see, we have had quite a few debates on Karna, here, and have all come to some conclusions...I suggest u go through all the threads before posting like this...
I know that Star Plus had glorified the Pandavas and Kunti a lot, and even Draupadi in some scenes...

But since u asked the question, I would like to ask u, where were you, when Star Plus whitewashed Karna in:

During Lakshagriha, Karna was shown crying, although in the epic, he was very much a part of the conspiracy.

Draupadi's Swamvar by showing him retreating peacefully, whereas in the epic, he had fought fiercely before retreating?

In Dyut Sabha, when Karna was shown to be almost silent. In the epic(as per the common versions), it was Karna and NOT Duryodhan who had ordered Draupadi's disrobing, and done most of the talking...

During Virat War, he was shown as undefeated, whereas, in the epic, he had retreated bcoz of Arjun.

During Abhimanyu's death, he was shown crying for Abhimanyu, whereas in the epic, he was not at all sad...

Almost all the 'good' characters were whitewashed...In order to know more, find out the truth here...
http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m01/index.htm

May Lord Krishna enlighten you...