Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
=Proud-India]hey again replacement...Earlier They Told Avinash Rekhi is final and Now Aditya Redji...OK Let's see 
But Currently...I will be happy with teenage Karna...I like that child actor's performance in Buddha 
[]

My apologies for garbled text - my has issues w/ this site.

Aditya Redij - remember him from Preeto, which used to follow DBSK.  He looks like a fine fit for Karna.  Won't be able to watch it from here, and have left mythos since MB, but I do hope this show is good.

Kunti from the above YT still looks like a real witch 😆  I do hope that regardless of how they depict the Pandavas, Kunti is not spared.  ⭐️B made me sick w/ their whitewash of her.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

First of all, MB is a piece of fiction. The War may have occurred between people at some point, but everything else is the imagination of Vyas. In that sense, there's no point hating on Karna for his bad acts or putting Arjun in the pedestal of God for his sacrificial acts.

People tend to hide behind scriptures when discussing myths and religion. This is an age-old phenomena and it's not surprising why Vedic Civilization fell. Instead of transcending scriptures and evolving as humans, we started using informal patents and whenever somebody logically dissected them, the Priests/Learned Men/People of the day started reciting Sanskrit slokas. Memorization doesn't equal knowledge.

It may be your opinion that MB is a piece of fiction and Maharishi Vyasa "imagined it", but for thousands of Hindus all around the world, it is a religious epic that very much happened nearly 5,000 years ago. So to call it a piece of fiction, and accusing people of "hiding behind scriptures" is rather narrow-minded, because not everyone views Mahabharat or Ramayan or any other puranic epic as a simple story. For so many people, these epics are a part of their religion and Ram and Krishna are incarnations of Gods. These people don't "glorify" Krishna and "villify" Duryodhan because they feel like it. In fact, Krishna doesn't need to be glorified. His divine leelas speak for themselves! Even during the dwapar yuga days, there were people who pointed fingers at Krishna and tried to villify him, so it's really not surprising that people would do it today too, but at least be considerate of religious beliefs while discussing Mahabharat.

You may believe that believing in Gods and Gods' incarnations, or believing in religious epics is "illogical", but it's really frustrating that logic is being equated nowadays to removing the religious aspects of epics. One doesn't have to be narrow-minded and close-minded to be logical. They don't have to discard religious and all spiritual aspects from a scripture and dissect it through "logical" eyes to understand it. In fact, by doing that they're only getting 1/3 the picture. Yeah for some these may be just stories, but at least show some respect to those for whom these epics are sacred and religious. No one goes up to a Christian and tells them the stories in their Bible are folk tales, and no one goes up to a Muslim and tells them their Quran is all fake. It's really frustrating how Hindus are constantly targeted for believing Ram and Krishna are Gods, and the puranas are sacred stories which are a part of the scriptures. I'm getting sick and tired of being told these epics are fictional and the imagination of the writer. Believing in these epics does not mean one is hiding behind scriptures!!! It means they have a very different, more spiritual perspective of the epic than the "logical" person, and if that makes them irrational and stupid, so be it. Time will tell who's truly irrational. 
Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Can anybody explain me how Karn was son of Sun? Do you really believe the sun we see everyday is a divine entity or a divine entity lives in the sun? Everything can be explain by science. I agree that energy can be transform to produce material and believe that at that period of time sage can transfer their energy to women's womb to produce baby (without sperm transfer). I read somewhere that scientist has found a way from which women don't need sperm to produce baby but they are not sure about their genetic stability. My question is how Kunti was able to absorb the materialistic energy (solar energy, wind energy etc) to produce a baby.
MB is a poem written by Vyas and their way of talking and writing is completely different. We can't take direct meaning from the line. You know Sun god has 7 horses of seven different color (rainbow) in his chariot. So it is possible that they assume or create imagination of sun god of 7 horses. In vedic it is written that demon rahu ketu swallow sun and moon during eclipse. Now we are analyzing that demon rahu ketu is just reference to shadow and position of planet. In norse mythology thunder god thor (we call him Devraj Indra) are some kind of alien of hard mass (similar to human being) not divine creature or just soul of pure energy. They have advance technology of changing weather. It is possible that pandav and karn are son of aliens. In ours mythology also ashwini kumar father of nakul shahdev, are great scientist and doctors. They are the main pilot and engineer of spacecraft of heavenly entities. Please share your view. Sorry for grammatical mistakes if any. 
Edited by Neutral2 - 8 years ago
Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neutral2

Can anybody explain me how Karn was son of Sun? Do you really believe the sun we see everyday is a divine entity or a divine entity lives in the sun? Everything can be explain by science. I agree that energy can be transform to produce material and believe that at that period of time sage can transfer their energy to women's womb to produce baby (without sperm transfer). I read somewhere that scientist has found a way from which women don't need sperm to produce baby but they are not sure about their genetic stability. My question is how Kunti was able to absorb the materialistic energy (solar energy, wind energy etc) to produce a baby.

MB is a poem written by Vyas and their way of talking and writing is completely different. We can't take direct meaning from the line. You know Sun god has 7 horses of seven different color (rainbow) in his chariot. So it is possible that they assume or create imagination of sun god of 7 horses. In vedic it is written that demon rahu ketu swallow sun and moon during eclipse. Now we are analyzing that demon rahu ketu is just reference to shadow and position of planet. In norse mythology thunder god thor (we call him Devraj Indra) are some kind of alien of hard mass (similar to human being) not divine creature or just soul of pure energy. They have advance technology of changing weather. It is possible that pandav and karn are son of aliens. In ours mythology also ashwini kumar father of nakul shahdev, are great scientist and doctors. They are the main pilot and engineer of spacecraft of heavenly entities. Please share your view. Sorry for grammatical mistakes if any. 

Mahabharata is a poem which uses metaphoric language. There is no guarantee that the Mahabharata we know now is the actual epic written by Veda-Vyasa. Maybe all these myths and legends arose when people started taken metaphors literally. For example in case of Karna, maybe the original sloka said that his father had sun-like splendor but over the years it got modified and people began to believe that he was actually the son of the "Sun". It's possible right? there's also another theory that says that all this "demi gods" business was just propaganda to increase the influence of Pandavas on public psyche and cover up the niyoga. Try searching for Dr.Indraji Bandyopadhay's articles on Boloji.com. He has some ingenious theories about all the myths in the Mahabharata.
Vr15h thumbnail
Looks like all the fears people had about this serial bismirching Arjun or Draupadi seems misplaced.  This serial is more interested in making up anything its makers feel like.  Some samplers to date:
  • Like in ⭐️B, Kunti is completely whitewashed and her maid (in this serial, she's not named, unlike the Priyamvada character in ⭐️B) is the one who forces Adirath to adopt Karna.
  • Radha hates Karna in his early years, and it's only after he saves her life that she starts loving him at all.  Also, Radha is not childless, but delivers a baby Shon the same day that Adirath returns w/ Karna
  • Pandu, who's first shown in exile, saves Karna from a bear and takes him home to Kunti, who lovingly feeds him like he's her child.  She also gives him a memento while parting, and  walks w/ him alone.  It's not clear whether Kunti has a sense that Karna is her very own child
  • Karna is a talented inventor who figures out how to fire arrows so that they hit their target, defying all known laws of physics.  Karna also invents a hot air baloon where he takes his friends out for joy rides 😆
  • Contrary to what one might think, the Kauravas are shown in a really shabby light.  Bheeshma enforces draconian laws against sutas, which Karna revolts against.  Dhritarashtra, like in ⭐️B ill-treats Gandhari.  Dushashan is a sadist who enjoys beating Sutas
  • Karna and Dushashan have a pretty hostile confrontation, and Karna gives him a rough ride in his chariot, leaving Dushashan bruised.  A furious Duryodhan sets out w/ his 5 brothers to hunt down Karna, who at the time is happily riding on his hot air balloon 🤣

So guys, this serial might as well show Karna embracing and joining the Pandavas.  That way, he'd get to fight rank casteists like Bheeshma & Drona.  Note that Pandu was shown ignoring the importance of caste, so don't expect the Pandavas to be the 'suta-putra' chanting barbarians that was shown in BRC's MB.

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well...Vrish...doi n chini to u if wat u say come true. 😃

It was quite clear that the Pandavas wont be maligned...if history is any indication, then be it BRC or that recent, vile animated movie on Mahabharat, nowhere the Pandavas are shown as evil...
And Siddharth Tewary has already shown how much he loves Kunti...

However the same cannot be said about Draupadi. Remember bhoot-pisach, Shastraharan n that monkey dialogue?
And ofcourse shooing away Subhadra from the gates of Indraprastha?
So, maybe the CVs will show her as a delicate darling with her husbands, sometimes doing a Florence Nightingale n sometimes Rani of Jhansi...but with Karna, she will be bitchier than ever.
Siddharth Tewary is hellbent in proving that it was Draupadi and NOT Kunti who had done the maximum damage to Karna...

So Arjun fans n Kunti fans may rejoice but me and my friends will have to hold our breaths n bear the brunt of various fan groups till the show ends... 😭
Vr15h thumbnail
Given how well they're casting Vrushali, I can't imagine them showing Drau  in the first place.  Or if they do, Karna won't be @ her swayamvara, but instead the only time they'll meet is during the game of dice.

Since Shon keeps doing things that gets Karna into trouble, I think that  if Karna participates in the swayamvara, it'll only be due to Shon's instigation
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think they will do to Vrushali wat they did to Subhadra in Star Plus.
They'll make Karna and Vrushali play n flirt initially...n then Karna will go to Draupadi's Swamvar.
There he will be scratched and injured by Draupadi 😆 and then the great Vrushali(who would become a Mukut Hater) will become prakat n save Karna n marry him later, admonishing all that had insulted her husband... 😆

As for Shon, maybe they will show Shon instigating Karna to insult Draupadi 😈
In that way, Shon will put Karna into trouble n Karna will be spared from any kind of maligning.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Gautam Rode is approached to play Arjun in This show. earlier he was approached to play Karna. But he was buzy with Mahakumbh. Source, rival site
Vr15h thumbnail
^^^ If Karna is supposed to be the main guy here, will they pick a very high profile Arjun? I think they might as well do what they did in DBSK and pick a pretty mediocre actor for Arjun's role.