Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago
^^ Mohit Raina had played Mahadev's role well. He'll be remembered forever for his contribution.  Mahadev bhakta is one who prays, likes follows, Lord Mahadev. All the fans of Mohit Raina can not be termed as Mahadev Bhaktas. His fans can be from other shows too.
Viewers of DKDM may or may not watch it, all have their preferance, liking about what they view.
Genralising them as, Mahadev bhaktas will turn into Karna bhaktas, is absolutely wrong.
In one of the unofficial site this question was asked- will they like to see Mohit as Karna? There is no official confirmation from any source. Till then this is just a rumour.
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Aishwarya

I am absolutely sure SP people won't be a part of the show. There will be new actors I guess.. this is Karna based show so main stream actors of TV are most probably not be a part as 'side characters'

@Sema

OMG Mohit Raina to play Karna? I would not want that to happen in my dreams! Anyways, Sunil Gangopadhyay apart from the poetic one wrote the MB again calling it "Amader Mahabharat". There also it is Karna glorification.
No re, I dont think they will follow SPMB cast. I see no point in making another Mahabharat based show with Karna as central after so much Karna jaap in the Mahabharat Star Plus. What new are they going to show apart from folktales about Karna's wives and some weird fake golden tooth stories? I will only participate in forum discussions of this show if there is Arjun bashing, KUNTI bashing, and Draupadi bashing. (The former two being my most favourite characters in the Epic.) I also don't like Yudhi bashing and how people keep on calling Bheem an idiot just because he is too vocal and emotions work better than logic for him. He is a strong character too IMHO. So I will defend Yudhishthir and Bheem too.
And three books you mentioned are the most horrible books ever written on the epic and neither do I want to see their cover pages. I too liked POI as a piece of literature. But the message of it was enough to decrease my liking.

What is Darsheel Safari doing in the show? He is a child artist so is there a possibility he will be playing the role of child Karna?
Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 I too think they won't repeat the entire starbharat cast. Besides actors usually don't agree to play the same role twice since it stagnates them. Aham Sharma is already doing a show and Shaheer Sheikh is in Indonesia isn't it? I'm sure we'll have new faces, I just hope they're good acting-wise.
Yeah, I too am going to participate in the forum only if Pandavas, Panchaali and Kunti are bashed, there is high probability of the latter two ladies being bashed πŸ˜” Starbharat was quite good in the portrayal of Pandavas, Drau and Kunti, except a few minor flaws here and there, I am just hoping against hope that they maintain it in this show. I have no problem if they want to add folktales related to Karna ( the show is based on him after all) and over glorify him, I'm quite used to it πŸ˜† I just hope they don't do so at the expense of the characters of Arjuna and Draupadi and I'd be quite pissed if they show the non-existent romance of K and D, or even a little bit attraction between them 😑🀒
Mohit Raina? he's a great actor but somehow I can't picture him as Karna πŸ˜• I'm most curious about the casting of the three Krishnas.
Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 9 years ago
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Don't know about other characters, but my panchali is going to be blackwashed like hell..thats for sure followed closely by kunti. her SV rejection will be all the more harsh and i won't be surprised if they make her insult their tragic hero in DS for justifying that one infamous line uttered by him(in reality he was her main perpetrator), and thats the reason i'm not gonna watch this show.
my expectation from this serial is as it is low, so as far as they leave my panchali alone and don't BW her, I'm ok with the show.
Edited by indianprincess - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indianprincess

Don't know about other characters, but my panchali is going to be blackwashed like hell..thats for sure followed closely by kunti. her SV rejection will be all the more harsh and i won't be surprised if they make her insult their tragic hero in DS for justifying that one infamous line uttered by him(in reality he was her main perpetrator), and thats the reason i'm not gonna watch this show.

my expectation from this serial is as it is low, so far as they leave my panchali alone and don't BW her, I'm happy with the show.

Me too. But I'm not sure they will leave her alone😑 and also I hope they don't downplay Arjuna's prowess to make Karna look better because that's just low πŸ˜‘
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Kunti will also be a huge target. She is my favourite character after Arjuna who is my most favourite. If they leave my Pritha and Sabyasachi alone, I won't be bashing Karna although I would love to... πŸ˜‰
It would also hurt if Panchali and Ps are hurt.

Duryodhan will be immensely glorified for sure. 🀒
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brishti is right. In a Karna based show, Mata Kunti is going to face a horrible portrayal πŸ˜­ she will be shown as a villain from the very beginning I guess (from Karna's birth itself). Nowadays she too is being bashed unnecessarily which hurts me.
I guess the show will start with attacking Mata Kunti, then child Pandavas (because they were not Karna's friends, how dare they not make friends with such a good boy?), then from rangabhumi episode, Bheem and Arjun mainly, then from swayamvar, Draupadi. If Krishna does not start Karna jaap then Krishna too πŸ˜† and if Krishna starts telling Arjun that Karna is greater than him then attack on Arjun will restart. Anyway, I'm glad to see that you all will join that forum if bashing starts, so I shall not be alone πŸ˜‰ only if they do not send us to a permanent exile πŸ˜†
As for cast, as my favourites will be side characters and very rarely visible, some good-looking faces are really needed 😳 probably I will watch only those episodes in which Pandav side will be shown. I think maximum parts will be covered with Karna's personal life and yes, Duri's personal life. I have heard some novel (Mrityunjaya or Karna's wife) has shown a good relationship between Karna and Bhanumati. They say it is comparable with Krishna-Krishnaa friendship. So there is high chance for such things.
I agree with Brishiti too.Kunti will be a huge target, but how can they show one thing in Starbharat and then go totally against it in the other show , after all the PH is the same πŸ˜• I'm sure Krishna will do Karna jaap though, or at least overload him with praise. What better way of glorifying your protagonist  than having God himself praise him and also they'll show that incident when Krishna said to Arjuna that Karna is able to  push your chariot back only a little because lord Hanuman and Lord of the universe .i.e Krishna himself are on it ( i doubt its authenticity. Why would Krishna demoralize Arjuna in such an important battle) and also the one where Karna and Arjuna battle on the 16th day and Karna spares Arjuna due to the sunset, this one is argued to be fake too 🀒 and yeah the "andhe ka putra andha" may make an appearance strengthening people's misconceptions 🀒 😑 after all this is an age which glorifies the "villains" and vilifies the "heroes"
Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 9 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: amritat

Star Plus' Mahabharat serial had glorified the Pandavas, Karna and Kunti...all alike...and Draupadi as well in some scenes...
And totally blackwashed Duryodhan and Shakuni...
Don't know wat they will do in this one...

Where was I?

I was there, on star bharat forum I mean πŸ˜†

and that is why I cant take it any more