Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Arya1991

Res

Fan girl vs feminist review coming soon.
As soon as I catch my breath, after reading again!

EDITED:

Nisha!

Before I let the crazies out... I just wanted to say...
You're amazing!
You're actually giving US (#TheR&BFanGirls) a choice in the story...
That's a rare, BEAUTIFUL treat, from any author... but most of all you... It just means so much to me. Thank you.

As for what gaana...
I think Sooraj Dooba Hai is an oddly appropriate song for R&B to dedicate to II...
And, I'm totally with Poorna, that we should have II sing a Punjabi song (Maybe not Heer though, cuz it's actually a sad song).
Also...I think Sam should force II-R&B to do a completely cheesy couples' number like Ishq Hua (from Aaja Nachle)...
And... Completely deviating from Mehendi-Sangeet, I think Kabira is something II has to dedicate to R&B sometime in life (like, when they fight and he makes up by making love πŸ˜†)

I'm sure you'll pick the awesomest combo, even beyond our always-in-overdrive imaginations (as usual) πŸ˜ƒ

Now.

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle
on 'Perfect For You'

1. "What do you want?"
(Feminist: Whattay beautiful way to greet Lanky-Overbearingly-Unsympathetic-Tool of a fianc [hereafter referred to as the LOUT]! You go, girl! πŸ₯³
FanGirl: Is this any way to greet your Handsome-Outstanding-Tall-Sexy Fianc [HOTS fits him, & my feelings for him, to a Tee] who's sneaked in to spend some personal one-on-one time with you? #OhTheAtrocity 😭
Me: Nisha, you stun once again with the opening line itself. You seem to be making a habit of it too! You had me hook, line and sinker at the first line itself [well... apart from the fact that the hook sank in about 7 threads ago])

2. The clothes descriptions...
(Me: So well-written... I love how you've highlighted the differences in them, and the role-reversal of sorts. II starting off more uncovered than R&B πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Feminist: #StruckSpeechless ::gulping in large mouthfuls of air::
FanGirl: #GatheringWits R&B in a kurta?! ::swooning::)

3. II's warning to R&B and
"If thats true why are you so afraid?".
(FanGirl: Ayyooo!!! Semma cute!! She's so adorable when's she's frightened... But she's not even really afraid... it's more like an anticipatory fear... Not that I blame her.. If he was mine... I'd be lying in constant anticipation, fear ka pata nahi πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ #TotallyBesharamR&BFanGirl
Feminist: EXCUSE ME?! Why is he so hell bent of frightening her? Why is he cornering her when she is in such a vulnerable position? Shouldn't he respect the fact that she's uncomfortable, and maybe give her some space? 'Uncomfortable anticipation', my foot! #LOUT
Me: #StruckSpeechless ::looking dazedly between Feminist & FanGirl:: )

4. The MakingOut-While-Having-A-Spat...
(Me: This is almost so typically them that it doesn't surprise me anymore... R&B seems to sort out and deal with all his issues with physical intimacy. Possibly because that's the only time II will shut up πŸ˜†.
But... This time... The differences in the two of them - their financial statuses, their upbringing, their families - were all there, subtly, but there nonetheless. One thing I'm definitely appreciating more is that II actually seems to be getting some reaction from R&B, on almost everything, even if it isn't direct/verbal.
This one also highlighted the omnipresent struggle for the upper-hand that their relationship thrives on... It's definitely unhealthy for them... But something that they need to work out and through for themselves and each other... And, that's what I'm sure their marriage will bring to them...)

5. "...
lekin aapke liye sahi hain..." and II's interpretation
(FanGirl: Satyavachan!
Feminist: Humph!
Me: It's amazing how even an outsider, so as to say, sees them as perfect for each other. It's actually an amazing insight into most relationships - what people see from the outside is just the surface [barely too], the insides are a lot more complicated and tangled up...
Especially with II & R&B... They could work out beautifully, if only they'd come to a middle point... Both of them feel the need to be 'right', the one who's 'driving' things... II has let R&B run roughshod over her in many ways, and she's stuck adamantly to a few things herself...
I'm still waiting for that #TheDhamaka when all of this is discussed. Openly. But. I know. It's something that will be a long time in coming. Probably in the middle of one of their post-marriage fights, all of these insecurities and inequalities will come tumbling out, as it does with most of us.)

That's about it for now.
And I realize I've written a LOT.
So I'm gonna shaddup now.

But. I'm lying in wait to pounce on the next update! πŸ˜†

Its like you are inside my mind you know when you write this Arya... there is a shocking closeness to my feelings when I try to justify II on various occasions, and  look at it from R&B's viewpoint. In that I think I am able to relate to whatever you single ones feel like and think like, despite being married for years its no little featπŸ˜†

Your analysis is not only truly funny but also extremely intelligentπŸ‘πŸ‘ THANKS YOU FOR MAKING Software Symphony your home to share your critiquing intellect😳

monalisa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

All the song suggestions are great, right now if Nisha had violin playing and them just looking at each other I find it super hot πŸ˜ƒ i. Am  still in kannamuchi yethada 😳

AGREED!!!!!
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Ras ke bhare torey naina is a stunningly beautiful song, I had another song in mind also... wont say it hmmm... may be this and that...

Thank you for loving this song so much ALL OF YOU

Blue5sky women from small towns are not worldly wise they are compassionate, smart and rockstars in taking care of their families but when it comes to fashion and lifestyle their knowledge is limited I have many in my family in Trichy and Tanjore.. so its my ode to them... not to make fun of anyone at all

Thanks for sharing the Karunanidhi story
Off to write the next part now... will post between 1-1.30 hours and if there is time after, might even do the next one... I cant believe I have to write the wedding parts during the week

ARGHHH!!

Anyway...
Cheers!!

Not to make fun at all absolutely love it...I do believe in being inclusive...and anyways who are we to judge..
so with you totally on that...love it really..

I love my patti to bits ...she's been gone 6 years but i still like Ranjan..talk of her in present tense😊
Edited by blue5sky - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Ras ke bhare torey naina is a stunningly beautiful song, I had another song in mind also... wont say it hmmm... may be this and that...

Thank you for loving this song so much ALL OF YOU

Blue5sky women from small towns are not worldly wise they are compassionate, smart and rockstars in taking care of their families but when it comes to fashion and lifestyle their knowledge is limited I have many in my family in Trichy and Tanjore.. so its my ode to them... not to make fun of anyone at all

Thanks for sharing the Karunanidhi story
Off to write the next part now... will post between 1-1.30 hours and if there is time after, might even do the next one... I cant believe I have to write the wedding parts during the week

ARGHHH!!

Anyway...
Cheers!!

What are u saying trichy my moms side is from there and dads from kumbakonam near tanjore πŸ˜Š
Waiting for your update (s) thanks to the time difference I never get to comment on ur first page of your thread😭 I forgot to congratulate you on your new thread πŸ‘πŸ₯³ here is to many more. Thanks to Sosy I was able to get through 2 weeks of snow !!
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Yay πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Title change 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"Savvy"

The entire room stood up to clap and applaud the bride's effort, he felt heat rising
in his face, and ears, at intense emotion, he didnt clap,
he saw a fleeting glimpse for a couple of seconds, she connected with his gaze to see what his hands were doing. He tucked his hands in his pockets in her full view
From 50 feet away he could feel the sizzle... that strange unspoken awareness they both had from the day he bumped into her at the Taj Man Singh Lobby
He could see her diamond sparkle on her nose, her face was pink and sweaty...

He could hear what she was syaing in her mind

RAKSHASAN!!

Mihir distracted him with the YT version of the song, he turned to look and she used the opportunity to vanish

She was gone for a while afterwards, he wondered where she was, Vandita and Bala came on next to dance to Sasural Gainda Phool he clapped smiling when they came on, Tan whistled and Sam cheered openly

Vandita smiled at him acknowledging his encouragement

The Bhallas were having a field day teasing and heckling Vandita and Bala, Bala was being a complete sport he noticed, dressed in dhoti and the long silk kurta cut to a U shape at the bottom

And was wearing a pagh... she wore a glossy suit...
He leaned on the wall back again watching intermittently

Chachu's kids were everywhere drinking and making merry... his eyes wandered the hall and the upstairs rail/overlooking balcony... and began to search, he wondered how it would have been like if Ma had been around

She would have gone up to hug II, she would have forced Manny to wear traditional clothing, she would have scolded him for changing out of his kurti too soon

She would have held Lasya and danced in the center
He looked for Lasya... she wasnt with Sam... or with Tan (Tan stood by him)... "where is the baby?" he asked Tan

"Must be with the nanny, Sam has two extra help hired for the wedding why dude?"

He shrugged...
He spotted her in the upstairs balcony... not close to the rail or anything, she wore a red and gold ghaghra and yet another halter neck, he walked up to go get her
Mrs Iyer was in his way "Did u like her dance?" she asked openly eager for approval

He nodded smiling

"This is my brother and his wife, I have two the other one is arriving directly to the wedding hall. One has two daughters Aishwarya and Anusha and the other one has a boy and a girl" she said

He realized where II must have gotten her capacity to chatter
Mr Iyer wandered over...

"How are you Raman?" he asked extending a hand

"Good Sir! Thank you" he said nodding politely, holding Mr Iyer's hand with both of his for courtesy

Mama and wife smiled
and whispered something to each other

Amma cut the discomfort "They are just saying u are really tall, Anusha is engaged her husband is tall too but only 5'10"

"Thats pretty tall" R&B said graciously

"U went to CMU? which year?" Mama asked him

" a few he said smiling

Appa jumped in to declare he doesnt talk "He talks very little" "He is not like our Ishita"

Mami thought that was blasphemous "Our Ishita wont keep quiet, how do u manage"

R&B smiled in response

"Idu... IDU DAAN PANNUVAAN PAIYYAN, PESANUMNA SIRIPPAN" (Yes this is what this boy will do, he will smile when he has to talk) Appa said all knowingly

"Anusha's husband won debating contests at IIT" Mama began to compete

R&B nodded clinically

Amma: He is summa cum laude... hes not any less intelligent...  quite people are smarter, they dont waste their energy

R&B stared at Amma she reminded her of his Ma... Ma's defense of him used to be that to anyone accusing him of being less intelligent

He smiled his signature half smile

"He own his own company in Paris, I want him to start in India, paapom (lets see) Lord Krishna should bless him" Appa declared

Mama looked at him in unconcealed envy

"I just met your father" Mama said

Appa noticed the venom and cringed
 R&B smiled politely, he had heard read and seen a all of it... nothing about Ranjan bothered him a bit

Amma: The amount of police outside should tell anybody he is very influential
(Amma eye signalled Appa to shut up before he could blurt his tactless thoughts)

R&B: Excuse me... I was heading up... thanks!

Amma: sure... are all ur relatives here?

R&B: I have two Uncles too, they both live overseas
they are here with family, no aunts just Chacha's family (he smiled, as if he needed rest after speaking that longish sentence)

Mama: Do u atleast talk freely with Ishita? (cracking himself up)

LIKE THE DUDE IS GOING TO TELL YOU THAT MAMA!!
GOOD LUCK

R&B smiled

"Paavam ishita she will be bored no?" Mami said in signature Iyer style using a negative at the end of the sentence

Appa: she keeps talking he will listen, avlav daan (thats all) (he began to laugh at his own joke)

R&B walked away casually Mama shot daggers at him... and finally in a muted voice acknowledged to Amma

"He seems very accomplished, nanna padichirukkan Madhu... mature boy, not playful... like our Ishita...
she needs someone like that... enna Iyer paiyyana irunda 100/100 (sigh!! WISH IT WAS AN IYER BOY it would be 100/100)" he injected his gleeful argument at the end

"He is obsessed with Ishita" Amma said softly

Appa squirmed before Mama acknowledged it... confirming to Amma that, R&B is still an adversary

He went up to get Lasya from the nanny, she smiled handing him the baby

"Aap dance nahi karogey?" she asked

He smiled and shook his head

"Woh kitni sundar hai aur dance bhi kitna bhadiya kar leti hain" (your girl is so beautiful and dances beautifully)

He smiled...

Lasya bobbed in his arms drooling on his shoulder... the nanny placed a burp cloth

Vandu walked by, "U DID NOT WATCH ME DANCE" she punched him

"I did... I clapped remember?" R&B said sheepishly

"well u didnt watch it fully, if it werent for my darling's wedding I wudnt have risked the baby by doing those cool moves" she laughed heartily

He smiled

Mihir caught up to talk about his French team...

Vandu: R&B do min? please?

R&B looked at her curiously

Vandu: Ishita's KV friends and college friends want to meet you, dont know where she is... ruko text karti hoon"

Vandita dtexted her sister the giggling girls floated by, in a riot of colors...
the soft pink and navy girl covered in henna was at the very end... she didnt meet his gaze

He waited for the introduction, SHE HAD TO DO IT...

He had texted his BNP Account number to her after he had gotten out of the war room
She hadnt ack it...
He had dared her to transfer the money

Vandita made the intros "They all descended on Thursday night, while you were drinking away your
last single days, she stayed up all night watching SRK movies and enacting romantic scenes with these goof balls"

"Nooo" II hissed...

SHUT UP KA SHUT UP

DO YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM EVERYTHING

There was a series of names Kritika, Lata Meera, Naina, Chanda, Fareeda ...

Mihir was really interested everyone except Naina said they were married

Mihir was OK

"I am a Hindu can only marry ONE she is GORGEOUS"

Naina blushed

Kritika "I AM A PUNJABI, she needed to marry a good Iyer boy she CHOSE YOU? INSTEAD?"

R&B smiled...

Vandu:Arey HES A GOOD PUNJABI BOY
Kritika: SHE SAYS, GOOD AND HIM ARE AS FAR APART as Modi and Obama

AYYIYOO... SHUT UP U GIRLS... CAN U PLEASE SHUT UP

Lasya cooed... she wanted to reach out and grab her
Lata:Do u like babies?"

R&B smiled...

II WAS LIKE NO HE DOESNT HE IS JUST HOLDING HER TO PROVE HE IS THE TALL SEXY FAMILY GUY
HE DOESNT

Lata: i have a 4 year old, she was holding out for you,  she gets to keep her size 6? 8? body while we are all fat and lumpy (SHE WAS FUNNY LIKE II)

Vandu: R&B... enjoy flirting... but dont do it too much, Ishita might take the baby and shove you over the rail

Vandu: I hear Manny and Vik are dancing to some slow romantic number I am going... Mihir... Naina se bachke Ishita se zyaada dangerous hai (she is more deadly than my sister)
Mihir was IN LOVE... a QUIVERING MASS... Naina adjusted her locks, pulled her choli down... adjusted her dupatta Mihir was ALL EYES...

II fidgeted with her fingers... "If u want the baby U HAVE TO ASK" he thought
"U CAN HOLD HER I AM FINE I HAVE HENNA ALL OVER" she thought
Chanda: I work for a company that aggregates fashion content from all over the world so Ive been to Paris a few times... I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

R&B smiled "Where did you go?"

II leaned on the rail and watched him talk to her friends

I COULD GO NOW HE WOULD CARE... SHE SLIPPED A FEW FEET BETWEEN GUESTS admiring her henna and smiling and wanting pictures with her some asked her to stand by him
She put a distance and did...
"Gorgeous u two"  "Gosh! u guys just abs rock!"
"Mannn u guys are amazing together" were tossed around

R&B listened mostly and talked a bit... Ranjan watched from a distance,  his son holding Lasya and the tall gorgeous Iyer girl in the nervous stance😳
... "If they have a girl first they should name her Savita, even if they dont call her that I will call her Savvy"

He leaned on the couch.. slowly letting his tears flow

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Res
Edited

Awww ... Loved Amma being the defence for R&B... Loved that you showed what R&B thinks would have been of his family if his mom was alive!! The dude misses his mom like crazy... Poor chap, want to give him a tight hug... πŸ˜­πŸ€—
The last bit about Ranjan's wish of naming their first girl child as savvy ... That family's suffering is so palpable... Wealth doesnt at all compensate for what your heart wants in form of human relationships...  Its important but not "the" onlything that a person wishes...this fractured family needs the soothing balm in form of II to get out of this emotional mess... It'll be that porcelein vase that we see in history museums... Beautiful but with cracks n chips which were glued together... Yet it is now functional... I guess II would be that glue... The bhallas are super lucky to have a girl that has a heart of gold... If only R&B doesnt screw it up n causes her to become a porcelein doll herself with his lack of communication
II is upset about his lack of acknowledgement for her efforts at sangeet... The guy did feel a lot of things seeing her emotions in that song...am curious to know what he felt or an insight into his head would be great.
I loved that he went to fetch Lasya... He may not say but lasya is precious for him.
Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
How can she not LIVE without a phone Vandu ??? sooo cruel of πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Robber gang also danced ? Quite surprising...I am sure they must have volunteered only for merry making and P3 pictures for magazines and popular national dailies πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Appa is so half hearted ..its her special day illeya...Why do you want to make her gloomy πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
Ranjan will always be there to support her...princess, sure she looks like one πŸ˜ƒ
I loved that whole Vandu- -Athai - Rb conversation +translation with II's disconfort πŸ˜†
The whole CLAN is mesmerized by the bride!!! Way to go II...
I dont believe the DUDE's jaw did not drop πŸ˜†. He was sure in awe...the way he looked at her...Poor II, her eyes searching for the devil...However crowdy it would have been, the dude ko dikhna chahiye right, itna lamba jo hai πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Loved the whole performance..The way you matched your lyrics with her steps πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Beautiful!!!
Edited by ashu9 - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nish... Pleaseee give this week a closure with just one more part di!!! Pleaseee.. I really want tosee them together this one part... Pleaseee... 
But if u cant.. Its abs fine.. I wish you could write just one last part... Only one... With both of theM... Sorry for this undying greed..  Cant help the baarish of updates happening!!! 
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Yet another beautiful update, thanks for the incredible writing, I felt as if I was thereπŸ˜ƒ 
From envious relatives, to flirting girls, to the banter between friends, Vandu and all, to the bank account number, to the exchange of looks between the leads, to Lasya making her presence and Ranjan thinking of Savy... It had it all. I am blown away.πŸ‘πŸ‘