Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ashu9

Just because Author Sahiba ignores me and publically declares she loves you doesnt mean you have undude adavantage 😭😭😭..so jao πŸ₯±πŸ₯±..She is in daftar..kal subah hi milega ab πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Jealous ashu??πŸ˜†
That's an II trait
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Swathi
I AM DELIGHTED in general to be connecting with SO MANY 20 somethings from India and adjacent countries who seem to ADORE their respective culture
I was beginning (no not beginning but nearly made up my mind) to fear that we are obsessed with the West for all the wrong things. Many Hindus/Brahmins in my local community eat pork and beef by CHOICE, cook turkey for Thanksgiving, ham for Christmas to impress goras so hubby can climb the corporate ladder. No Navaratri or Varalakshmi business in their homes.
I was beginning to believe India as a country and its various cultures will soon be eroded and it will become as homogenous as America in 20 years. Iyer traditions are SO beautiful, so are Punjabi and Marwari and Telugu, if we don't carry it forward it will all die, I am told there were 1500 languages (including dialects of course) spoken across the country 100 years ago, now sadly less than 150 remain...

What you say about your family and yourself impresses me a lot. I am astounded you love the culture so much.
I am reassured our culture and its traditions will survive and thrive.

I am particularly impressed by you, DAMN IMPRSSED to see you be so proud of Iyer ways, and not ashamed to wear a half saree or a bindi or flowers. You Sudhi, Ashu, Taara, all give me a lot of hope...Shedding your roots IMO means losing a part of who you are.
Do not change for anyone...
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😭

Originally posted by: modernfamily

Jealous ashu??πŸ˜†
That's an II trait

😭😭
Yes yes, main jealous hoon...Manao mujhe πŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

eviltwin_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Jealous ashu??πŸ˜†
That's an II trait

🀣
eviltwin_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashu9

😭

😭😭
Yes yes, main jealous hoon...Manao mujheπŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Hw I wish baba ji ka thullu ka icon hota yaha
taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ohk im so jealous reading all these wedding description...
I just asked my mother humare yahan kya hota hai (the last close wedding i attended was a decade back so i didn't remember)
Her reply (with a sad iritated face) chod yaar garhwaliyo me bas har baat pe lambi lambi puja hoti hai...

There is no custom very specific to the community that iv evr witnessed neither has anyone in my family, always makes me very sad...

taara113 thumbnail

Originally posted by: palakmangla21

🀣 babaji ka thullu
taara113 thumbnail

Jealous ashu??πŸ˜†
That's an II trait

Ashu=😑
Others=🀣🀣🀣
Ashu25 thumbnail
Nish..I love Indian...anything Indian ...I refuse the idea of going for a foreign trip ( which my dad keeps luring to me about all the time whenever I write a BIG exam and expects me to pass).
I love Indian culture and traditions across the country..I am a blessed soul I must say having come across so many cultures in my life time via media or directly...I learn a lot, I like learning through observation..Its my trait...I have immense respect for my country...I can goad about it...anytime, anyday..
western culture has its own traits too...But overriding Indian culture to adapt to western living is unacceptable to me...I can debate on it for looonggg hours...
I value and respect what taught to me, I learn if I do not know anything..
my house is a mix of all...dad's side is christian, mum's is Hindu/aetheist
So I have a culmination of both these in my head now...It all depends on my mood as to how and what I must follow..
dad never was strict with religion..I can sit in a temple/church/darga/gurudwara...anywhere..just take me places..
its complicated I know..I am sometimes surprised myself what I will share with my progeny as I am not strictly anything!! I dont have poojas or homams at home, no strict christian rituals performed too...So its really complex πŸ˜†
Ashu25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: palakmangla21

🀣
kaise dost hain...Manane ko tayar hi nahi koi...chedne ke liye always hazir πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†