🤣
kaise dost hain...Manane ko tayar hi nahi koi...chedne ke liye always hazir😆😆😆

Always hazir 😛 😆Edited by palakmangla21 - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: swaram

LOVED the walk and the Talk!

II sharing moments of her past and wanting to know more and more about him. Can totally understand, she wants to know as much as she can about her Dude, all that she missed till she met him.  Pushing him to open up, which he finally does to an extent. Way to go II.  No other way to make him speak.👍🏼

He was always such a brat, albeit a silent one! She ,such  an effervescent girl ! Boy, she can talk and he listen as though that was the best entertainment in the whole world! No wonder they make such a great Combo!❤️

Liked II discussing about her music, it is so important to her.👍🏼

I just get so nostalgic when you mention  KV in Delhi. Actually everything about this story, I connect so deeply. I have grown up in Delhi, in RK Puram, gone to a KV , learnt carnatic music for a decade from a Tamil Iyengar mami. So, pretty much close to my growing up years.  Makes me really nostalgic. *Sigh*

BTW the ending was so poignant. Hope he opens up more about his Ma and II just hugs him.🤗

Marriage coming up. You seem to have planned some fireworks, before and after marriage. 😳

OMG
OMG

SO II DOES EXIST????

DAMNNN THANKS FOR SHARING Swara  OMG
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: modernfamily

Nisha I'm a punjabi and you are the first and the only iyer I've known and through you I've learnt so many things about iyers that have impressed me and I try to become like one. 
I take oil baths
Earlier I used to open my hair now I make a plait when I go to work even though I have short hair
I love kanjeevarams so much so that I forced my aunt to buy one yesterday for a punjabi wedding
I try to put a black bindi whenever I can
I've always loved idli sambhar rasam and aloo fry

Posted this a few days back. Reposting since we're discussing culture
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aaj kaun rahega mere saath online ? Nnend nahi aari mujhe 😆
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Swathi
I AM DELIGHTED in general to be connecting with SO MANY 20 somethings from India and adjacent countries who seem to ADORE their respective culture
I was beginning (no not beginning but nearly made up my mind) to fear that we are obsessed with the West for all the wrong things. Many Hindus/Brahmins in my local community eat pork and beef by CHOICE, cook turkey for Thanksgiving, ham for Christmas to impress goras so hubby can climb the corporate ladder. No Navaratri or Varalakshmi business in their homes.
I was beginning to believe India as a country and its various cultures will soon be eroded and it will become as homogenous as America in 20 years. Iyer traditions are SO beautiful, so are Punjabi and Marwari and Telugu, if we don't carry it forward it will all die, I am told there were 1500 languages (including dialects of course) spoken across the country 100 years ago, now sadly less than 150 remain...

What you say about your family and yourself impresses me a lot. I am astounded you love the culture so much.
I am reassured our culture and its traditions will survive and thrive.

I am particularly impressed by you, DAMN IMPRSSED to see you be so proud of Iyer ways, and not ashamed to wear a half saree or a bindi or flowers. You Sudhi, Ashu, Taara, all give me a lot of hope...Shedding your roots IMO means losing a part of who you are.
Do not change for anyone...

Thank you sooo much Nish. One of the main reasons I love SOSY is that I feel that any iyer girl can relate to wat you write. Everyone of us has been a part of II in our homes. A very cliched way to be brought up but still fun 😊

And I totally agree with you. I have seen a lot of people changing now. I do wear jeans  and dresses after coming here. I am never against that. But even in those clothes I always portray myself as an Indian. You cant remove that accent or change your distinct Indian face and I am always proud of it. Infact the goras here like that. They have listened to me in awe when I tell them about our traditions. When I call them for the diwali and other traditional functions and wear saree with hands full of bangles they love it. Some of my gora friends actually wanted to dress up like that. I think they respect you more when you respect yourselves and ur roots in front of them.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Ek aur gaana yaad aaya...Zara zara behekta hai -  rehna hai tere dil mein (I like the original, Tamil version, of the song but ) 
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

OMG
OMG

SO II DOES EXIST????

DAMNNN THANKS FOR SHARING Swara  OMG

How I wish I were?😆
No way, I am no II. But, yes I do relate to her in some ways like when she is forced by her mother or someone  to sing at any gathering. 😆 I do love to sing though, but as she says, you feel like doing the opposite when forced!😆 But, I understand the importance of the regular training in those years, now, I am able to teach some kids carnatic music here in NL. II has that option too if she has to shift to Paris.😃

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashu9

Kya kiya maine 😆

she loves you di...she even dedicated an update for you...Ashu insecurities about love is not leading II anywhere 😆🤣🤣
Ashu25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

she loves you di...she even dedicated an update for you...Ashu insecurities about love is not leading II anywhere 😆🤣🤣

An update and also many of my suggestions were brought in..😃😃
Ok I leave my jealousy now..🤣