Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Russel Brand has "The Messiah Complex" where he compares himself to the second coming of Christ. 
Sarah Silverman has "Jesus is Magic" where she pokes fun at Catholic beliefs. 

When will we accept religious humor in India?
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@We don;t get offended when in the name of religion or God young children are put through inhuman rituals in the religious melas. Because to me frankly that is a criminal offense, but ofcourse we have to maintain decency while cracking a bloody joke. 
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Stand up comedy in India. This is a hot topic now and perfect timing for this documentary too. If anybody has some time to watch it, can give it a try. But yeah it has cuss words and some other offensive stuff. I haven't seen the whole thing. Just the first bit but its a good one. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swozBbWMzNQ&spfreload=10[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swozBbWMzNQ&spfreload=10
Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 9 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Okay seriously people, you need to stop judging everybody who do not find certain jokes funny. 

I didn't like that so called joke. I said it. That doesn't mean, I'm okay with the evils of the society or I support them. 

I am one of those who have supported/defended AIB during all this hungama. I didnt mind any of those roast jokes. But calling a festival shit-fest and equating idols with shit is something that didn't go down well with me. So what am I? Intolerant? Ignorant? A person who has no problems with the evils of the society? 

Also, I have no problems with jokes or people who make fun of my ethinitcy, my race, a God, or even jokes on my religion but if somebody states that dude your Gods are the shittiest, your festivals are shit-fests and similar stuff..I dont find it humourous . As simple as that. 
Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
@KrackJack- The opposition is against events where FIR is filed against them. Also when the Church or religious bodies intervene for a roast when they speak nothing against the molestation charges against churches in India. 

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

Okay seriously people, you need to stop judging everybody who do not find certain jokes funny.

You know that goes both ways right ????

I can't tell you how many times I read in last week and half

" how can anyone find jokes in such serious topics like rape , disease , so on and so forth"

So judgement from one side is ok but not from the other ????
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@Franco : Check this link, if you are interested. 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4297379&PID=118975216&#p118975216

@Charminggenie: My first post was regarding those earlier tweets by Tanmay which I didn't really think were funny. I thought you replied to me when you spoke of the killings of children in the name of belief. 

If that post wasn't directed towards me, then I'm sorry. 

Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This whole fiasco is centered around ' freedom of expression' but i only see ppl questioning eachother's opinions & being judgmental about the same..So much for being tolerant ..I hope ppl get that anyone who enjoys the  jokes ain't immoral & at the same time, anyone who is against it is not uncool or regressive..And we really need to quit being judgmental about the nation as a whole..
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
@Krackjack - I didn't even read his tweets and it wasn't directed at you.But seriously we are going to analyse a guy's tweets, because that is a Pandora box especially for social media. All the jokes on Rahul Baba, heck IF would be put up for prosecution because people make jokes on BY celebs, discuss rumours and all.
Unless a tweet threatens national security , I don't get legal proceedings in such cases, that is all.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Franco

You know that goes both ways right ????

I can't tell you how many times I read in last week and half

" how can anyone find jokes in such serious topics like rape , disease , so on and so forth"

So judgement from one side is ok but not from the other ????

You are probably one of my favorite members on IF. You are like a male Luna Lovegood. 

Most of your posts tend to be incoherent, irrelevant and nonsensical like wrackspurts and nargles. 

But then every now and then you come up with a smart gem like 'wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure'.