Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Rupalov

Tai tai phiss. I  don't know what jokes he made on Jesus but did they really say feces is better than Lord Ganesha becuase it is good for the environment? A second-grader could probably crack a better joke than that

No I don't remember this one😕...I know they did make a joke on Jesus...can't remember the joke though...the joke on Lord Ganesha is a bad one if they really made it.
Rupalov thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

No I don't remember this one😕...I know they did make a joke on Jesus...can't remember the joke though...the joke on Lord Ganesha is a bad one if they really made it.

I didn't know it either. It's on the twitter post on the first page of this topic.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rupalov

I didn't know it either. It's on the twitter post on the first page of this topic.

OK those tweets are pretty nasty🤢🤢...but I don't think they were in the roast that was edited and put up on youtube..

Man ...don't make fun of my Gods🥱🥱
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Jokes made on the show can sent them to jail so they apologised. But jokes on twitter? There are hundreds of troll account that make terrible jokes on God and religion like everyday and only Tanmay needs to apologise for that ðŸ˜† But weird he said those things cause I faintly rememver his family and he believes in Ganapati.
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice

OK those tweets are pretty nasty🤢🤢...but I don't think they were in the roast that was edited and put up on youtube..

Man ...don't make fun of my Gods🥱🥱

On Twitter people are digging up his tweets from the past where he made jokes about Ganesha, the Parsi community and...children. ðŸ˜•
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
looks like the russel peters india tour is now postponed. I really hope it doesn't become difficult for comedics to perform in india 

AIB Knockout aftermath: Russell Peters' India tour postponed!

Mon, February 9, 2015 3:37pm UTC by Vinod Talreja

This is yet another blow for all the stand-up comedy fans of the city!

Amidst the controversy surrounding the one hour video of AIB Knockout featuring Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Karan Johar that was uploaded on YouTube (and was later taken off), we at BollywoodLife had told you how Canadian comic Russell Peters' India tour might also face a ban. And guess what? We were right to a certain extent.

Yes, Russell was all set to perform in Mumbai on February 11-12. However, we have learnt that his show has postponed February 22-23 at the same venue. This is yet another blow to stand-up comedy fans in the city after the AIB controversy.

Peters tweeted earlier today saying, "BOMBAY DATE CHANGE! Due to a scheduling problem with the venue: Wed.Feb.11 to Sun.Feb.22 & Thurs.Feb.12 to Mon.Feb.23 Same venue. #Apologies"

Russell Peters was scheduled to perform as part of Stage 42, a festival of comedy, music and drama, which is being held across three cities. The fest is being organised by Only Much Louder (OML), the same company who produced the AIB Knockout. In fact, the show was scheduled to take place at the same venue as the AIB Knockout was held. In fact, the show was scheduled to take place at the same venue (NSCI, Worli) as the AIB Knockout was held. Too much co-incidence, no?

So is the political pressure around the AIB Knockout the reason the reason behind this re-schedule? Well, I think, yes, but a senior police official blames PM Narendra Modi's Mumbai visit for the delay in Russell Peters' show.

"Due to security reasons we have not given permission to have organizers of Stage 42 to have an event on the February 11 and 12 at NSCI. As Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on a visit to Mumbai and we need to secure the area before his trip as per protocol. The organisers were informed well in advance, about two weeks ago," said the officer. Ah, well.

I was very much looking forward to see Russell Peters perform in Mumbai, but clearly it's very disappointing to hear this news. I am just hoping that it doesn't get canned considering how the stand-up comedy scene is going down here.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/aib-knockout-aftermath-russell-peters-india-tour-postponed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=bollywood

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I was born and raised in Bombay, so Ganeshutsav does hold a special place in my heart. I often get nostalgic about the celebration, the visarjan and the overall atmosphere. I love it when my friends post pictures about their Ganesha idols and visarjans. 

That being said the state of Ganeshutsav today is quite problematic. Pandals blast loud music into the night, a lot of which is sleazy Bollywood dance numbers rather than devotional songs. Visarjans create massive traffic jams causing chaos. People have absolute disregard for traffic and don't follow any rules or regulations. The sad part is this chaos prevents people from accessing medical services or necessities conveniently and timely. The festival generates tonnes of garbage and waste that clogs the water system. A lot of marine life dies due to choking hazards. Non biodegradable has indeed flowed through currents and washed up on other shores. Perhaps the tweets by RGV or Tanmay about Ganesha are not palatable. However, the points they make should not be ignored. Sometimes we do need to rethink how we celebrate our Gods. 
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I am so disappointed at our society which made sure this happened. 
Ofcourse they would have apologized and backtracked because a legal fight is traumatizing. 
For records -  in India, 2 cases were filed  for FOE , still in trial for years , with Accused had to apply to the Court to renew their passport every year, and for permission to apply for a visa,arguments were made to quash proceedings in the High Court. To no avail. "Let the trial take place" was said. That was in 2007.  The bloody cases went for years. 

Like someone mentioned on twitter, Archdiocese in India should learn from the one in NY where Cardinal Dolan has actually shared the stage to be roasted by Colbert.

This is our legal system. Ridiculous . 
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sad. Will cartoonists apologize for drawing Prophet? Will OMG and PK makers apologize for mocking Hindu gods? What about Santa-Banta jokes mocking Sikhs?

Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think there is a clear difference between pointing out the problems with a festival and calling it the "shittiest" festival ever or equating the idols to shit. 
Before, anyone says anything...let me clarify..I don't want any apology for insulting the festival or the Gods but there is a level of decency that should be maintained when one is criticizing a religion or God. Period.