Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Nish... U have to update the title. I just got lucky that I found ur update :-)
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kg1404

This is in tribute to Rukmini Ramana .Rukmini Ramana was brilliantly all Nisha. II singing Rukmini Ramana would hv been a poignant moment of understanding for Amma and appa. Deal done and sealed,
I hv something that I would like to share with you all over Rim Jhim. And As N said its freaking creepy.
Forewarned: tortorously long post!!
So here goes?I wasn't a feminist, but was a little rebellious in general and plainly wasn't ready for marraige at 24. I met my husband to be for the first time in the coffee shop at Residency near vani mahal in chennai. No parents around, just the two of us. Suited both of us. His mom , had come with her sister and sister in law the previous wk to see me very casually despite knowing that my mother was in Delhi that wk. My MIL to be , had called in the morning , the day she came to visit me and had spoken to my dad saying ," I hv your daughters horoscope with me and it seems to match well with my son's horoscope and coincidentally , my brother recognizes your handwriting, and says you both were colleagues." My dad finds out the details and was happily surprised knowing his former colleague was indeed my MIL's brother. And so my dad said, " my wife is in Delhi , she is coming bk this wkend, we will soon hv you over. But to his surprise , she said, I just want to meet your daughter , today ,if that's ok with her and I am just getting my sister along as we really hv some work around that area. My dad from his office calls me up in my office and relates me the entire convo and asked if I could home straight after office. I grudgingly say ok as I hv my brothers's noose around my neck ((his one was love and he was already engaged to my bhabhi and he had gone bk to chicago after his engagement as he was working there, not before getting a promise from me that I would give it a honest , no fooling around shot at the alliances that were to come. ))So when I came home, they were already there and what followed was so pleasantly casual and very light and half an hour in to our convo, she gave her sons photo to me and said if you want to hv a look , here is my sons photo. I told her very politely, that I wouldn't like to look at photos at all as I am not comfortable doing that. She said, my son isn't comfortable looking at photos too and he sent me instead. I looked up at her and smiled. She asked me, if I would like to meet him outside , the following wk. I looked up at my dad , who nodded his approval and I said ok. I was already impressed.
So we met the following wk , got talking , an hour in to our chat, I told him straight on his face, that I am ok with him . He laughed , and only said that he would hv his mother call my parents soon. He had a train to catch to Bangalore the same evening, as he had his job there and told me that he would drop me at his cousin sisters place , where his mother and his aunt were also visiting her and that his cousins 'driver would drop me bk home. He took me to her apartment and called up his cousin and said 'I cannot come up , I am already late for the train, she is coming up, would you hv her dropped home. '

They would later tell me that, the minute he called and told them that he was bringing me over and that I would hv to be dropped, they concluded itwas a go for him . So I spend another half an hour at his sisters place along with his mom and get dropped home. I reached home and as soon as I entered , my parents told me that his mom had called up to say that her son had called from the train and told me ,"now pl don't say no". I looked at them straight and told them, " naan, avanukku angeye ok solliten"( I hv already told him that. That my parents eyes popped out of their sockets would be an understatement.So my parents met him the following wk for the first time after I had met him.

Four wks later was our engagement. and one wk prior to that, his cousin sister called and invited us over for a lunch and said now that the date is fixed, I am throwing a get together for a few of our relatives , no one has met her and and we would like you all to come. It's very casual . My mother gave me an earful for wanting to wear a kurti and jean and so both me and my sister wore a formal salwar suit and went along with them.
There was this big crowd there but to my relief, everybody was casually dressed, bonding over food and snacks and generally having a whale of a time. But , they wouldn't let me go home without singing and I told them that I don't hv any training whatsoever remotely connected to music and like thousand others only hv a good ear for music. I was steadfast in refusing to sing a song and they wouldn't leave me. My husband to be , then told me , to be a sport and said come on , it's just fun.So I ask everybody if a hindi one is ok and they all pulled my leg saying , ok , K, you can do the gustakhi of being lata mangeshkar for a couple of mins. So with my heart thudding I began to sing
"
mehfil mein kaise kehe den kisi se, dil band raha hai ek ajnabee se"

Rim jhim is my favourite , favourite song.
Needless to say they were all hooting and it was a riot at my expense of course!! I surprised four people that day, my sister , my parents , who had their eyes popped out of their sockets for the second time in 3 weeks once I had finished singing, decently at that , then my husband who like R&B plainly'ogled' and lastly myself , for this undefinable change that came within me in those three weeks since I met him.

DAMN CUTE
DAMN CUTE
DAMN CUTE
DAMN CUTE
DAMN CUTE
This song is the most rmantic creation known to mankind

You will forever have a special connection to it like ME
How lucky we are😳
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kg1404

Pill and Water,

Appa is standing on this bridge, that seems a long stretch, wondering if he would ever be able to hold on , let alone cross over, both emotionally and financially. The stark difference in economic status, is crushing to his pride!!!!
Life is all roses for II and for appa, it's thorns.

So true KG
So true😭 JUST when he was beginning to accept this family they bring a gift worth crores of rupees and hand it to her like its a little trinket... II is SO blown away by R&B that she is in no state to even think straight...

SHE WANTS HIM NO MATTER WHAT...
When the wedding happens and when they start living life together is when reality will hit her
Tab aayega maza😭
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

Kg that's such a beautiful bit that you have shared. Thank you. It's strange isn't it how many such uncanny semblance sosy has to real life
Restores my faith in arranged matches
mine was not, it's across cultures & I too have related to several instances in sosy

And after this last update I've run out of words... Nishas writing has all of us wrapped...

So true KG and Sunshine, we kind of relate to this story somewhere or the other. It's amazing when I read or listen about how they met, makes think in typical India cliche that indeed "matches are made in heaven". Will share my story which is very funny & unique. Got to run now. Please ask people to write their stories as well. I am sucker for them. I have listened Rim Jim the entire day today πŸ˜Š
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

So true KG
So true😭 JUST when he was beginning to accept this family they bring a gift worth crores of rupees and hand it to her like its a little trinket... II is SO blown away by R&B that she is in no state to even think straight...

SHE WANTS HIM NO MATTER WHAT...
When the wedding happens and when they start living life together is when reality will hit her
Tab aayega maza😭

true Nisha...At the outset, it seems to a very romantic love story... But there are tons of things brewing here...

II wanted a prenup... She is from a regular middle class family who wants to live like that... I dont think R&B will agree to this...

II doesnt want kids now.. He wants a kid this year...

Career is important to II... He is a person who wants II for himself... He does not even want to share her with her family... He wants her to join him to dubai and paris... So, wat will happen to her job...

From her perspective, she is smitten...For now, she lets him to make decisions for her which she never would. and this behaviour with him makes him think that he can make her agree to any thing...

At the outset, is II losing her individualism and her value ???  or am I over thinking this ?
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: modernfamily

I can't picture one actor from the show in this story. They may be great actors, but not good enough to be r&b or II or amma or Sam. Only for vandita I can picture shruti bapna

Absolutely... Not one except Shruti!!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

true Nisha...At the outset, it seems to a very romantic love story... But there are tons of things brewing here...

II wanted a prenup... She is from a regular middle class family who wants to live like that... I dont think R&B will agree to this...

II doesnt want kids now.. He wants a kid this year...

Career is important to II... He is a person who wants II for himself... He does not even want to share her with her family... He wants her to join him to dubai and paris... So, wat will happen to her job...

From her perspective, she is smitten...For now, she lets him to make decisions for her which she never would. and this behaviour with him makes him think that he can make her agree to any thing...

At the outset, is II losing her individualism and her value ???  or am I over thinking this ?

Nope Swathi

TOTALLY FAIR and reasonable suspicions, ALL of them... will play out one after another soonπŸ˜ƒ
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

a bit of free time and this is what i doπŸ˜†

SoSy Syndrome

1.        Fixated on the phone at the mall, school, office... anytime anywhere
2.       Laugh out loud anytime anywhere
3.       Goofy grin  anytime anywhere
4.       Pensive in deep thought  anytime anywhere
5.       2,3 & 4 -can happen all in a day in  any order

For For the hitched  ones

1.            Checking out JCrew - this one's for you Ranu ( I figured out JCrew ships to my side of the world as well πŸ˜† )
2.       Reading under cover  (ring  a bell  hsp?πŸ˜‰ )
3.       Him: Go read your updates let me watch my match  (that's truce at home these days)πŸ˜ƒ

For the working  ones

1.         Burberry 😊- bloody expensive 😲 - but still - Is  my size in  stock🀣
2.       Alt-Tab mode - proficient and the only way to workπŸ‘
3.       Extra pleasant with furious clients ,  generally at peace with all πŸ˜›

There sure are loads others, but could formulate only these for now. the list is ours to roll...

PS: how can I forget the HUNT -  for the faceless  R&B - that should top it all πŸ˜³

just getting caught up post feeding the kids and life ..oh my god so well put i do all the following :-)
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Vidyaa

<div>Ek na ek feature toh pakka match karega, I'm pretty sure... also his height

Come on... you're one of the crew members for sure... columbia and you .. since day 1!

Vidya😊

Columbia for sure, steered the ship.. Me.. .naah!!! I am just a passenger 😊
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Res

Me first!

*Edited*
Yes!! I was the first like and first comment for this part. A new achievement! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜›
Coming to the update, I loved it Nish! When don't I say that??? I feel like that's always how I start my comments. πŸ˜†

For R&B from II: πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
"I love you with all my b--bs. I would say heart but my b--bs are bigger." - Source Unknown πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£

On a more serious note, another quote for our lovely couple today. I'm into quotes if you haven't caught on already. πŸ˜›

"It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it." - Tom Hanks, Sleepless In Seattle
They both definitely know it and now the rest of the world can see it too. 

Suffice to say Nisha that SoSy is as integral a part of my day now as coffee. And that's saying a lot because 
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE QUOTE ON BOOBS

NOW u are my kinda galπŸ˜† bold and unafraid, yes it is a million tiny little things... he has  hasnt met any one like her she, him... and thus this journey will be a roller coaster

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TOP SPOT NIV