Surya.Ravi thumbnail
That was a brilliant update...Just too good...👏
Aksh14 thumbnail
OMG...!!!!😊
This is it. Appa needs some time to digest all this though. Amma has been a sweetheart all along. II ki toh nikal padi...😆
And R&B has this knack of getting things done his way so he will convince appa also somehow.😳
Vandu and shravu are already convinced. Bala won't be problem. In fact given his charectar.. He will help R&B to convince appa. 
And here our Iyer bride comes in a maroon gold bordered madisaar.. All dressed up.. From nethi chutti to golusu... Odiyanam to vangi.. Kaasu malai to jimiki.. Omg. Already imagining them.. R&B in veshtadai and angavastram... I'm gushing.😛 
Nisha di rock on.👍🏼🤗❤️
nividances thumbnail
Overposessive Appa spot on. I guess it is hardest on dads to see their daughters grow up and this is the case here as well. Although Appa was ready to have Ishita married off to Sree, that army squadron guy, or the Gurgaon bank wala dude...so I guess it's more that he just is prejudiced against R&B and rightly so since neither of the other guys serenaded II for 1.5 hours in front of him. 😆
Logical Amma was good, but I have a feeling that she is going to lose it a bit with the ring and the size of the rock. Vandu wake up and come support the couple that you have been rooting for all along. I hope Bala sides with his wife on this one too. 😃
taara113 thumbnail
Someone said somewhere that R&B is what makes this a fiction... And so true that is...
Dis guy wilk make me die...From today im praying to god for 
an R&B; others pls pray for me as well 😃
dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This R&B will be the end of me *Fawad Khan style* hes a man of few words...wont say much but understands everything...
I really feel for appa here...its always difficult for a father to go through all of this ...i mean i love how u mention abt d time he notices till R&B was there in II's room ...the protective one always..
KP_DT_Fan thumbnail
Awesome update sweety. The part 128 is almost similar to,mine but other way around, my dad was supportive and mom is conservative. Even I am a Brahmin Iyer, so I know the difficulty of getting married here. I wish my dad was there now,because in my house, they are looking for alliances.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Title change hua.. Maane naya update nikla.. Maane khushi
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sunrise @ Sringeri Temple

Part 129

I HOPE you will all love yet another powerful insight into R&B's mind and heart😭 Its an extremely poignant part

"What is this kanna?" Amma's tears appeared, she had NEVER in her wildest dreams ever envisioned her 27 year old getting engaged in her bedrooom like this, clandestine😭
"Amma, I want to marry him" she said firmly though her voice quivered😳

"How is that possible kanna, I mean Madurai, Tanjore... so many relatives, athais and mamas.. are all looking forward to an Iyer wedding"
"I want an Iyer wedding ma" she begged😭
"Dont talk semantics with me, I am your AMMA DI, onna pethaval na, I brought u into this world"😡

R&B's phone rang, his French partner, he began speaking in French...
"He looks like a foriegner is he a Frenchman?" Appa accused
"ayyo Appa" II begged
"Ishita this is not done kanna"
R&b told his caller he will call back and started to speak "If its OK may I leave now? Sam will either call or stop by" he said sincerely

"You could have left at 6:20. And No Sam does not come here" Appa shook his index finger at him😡

II sat down.. he walked over to her

"II" he said softly🤗
She looked up at him... "Enough II"☺️ he said gruffly "U need to stop crying... I am going home to work for a few hours, Sam should stop by"😳

She stared pained...
"I will go if u promise not to cry"😳
"Fine" she said snorting😃
Amma Appa's jaws fell to the floor
"Call you tonight?"😃
"Mmm" she said nodding😭

AYYO DONT LEAVE ME HERE TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASE DA... RAKSHASAN... HOW CAN U LEAVE ME HERE THEY WILL CHOP ME UP PLEASE DA TAKE ME WITH YOU

He went to the door and turned to look at her one last time as if he was saying "I will... soon"😃

He must have barely gotten to his car, Amma would have asked her to take her ring off Akka walked in frazzled, Bala was watching Shravu

"Ennachu Ma?" "What happened Ma" Akka asked tho she knew everything until the very last second
Appa sulked on a three seater sofa
She sat by him, "Appa ennappa?" "What happened?"
"Ask your darling sister, you are letting your kid play your sister wants to marry him now" "Krishna" he invoked
Amma: ishita unacceptable Kanna... I am going to say NO if Sam calls or comes over

akka went over to II, "Ishita what is happening kanna?"
II stood up and hugged her Akka

"Enge kaiya kaami? OMG.. let me see your hand" Akka started to smile
"OMG" "did u see the ring? How many carats? 2, 3?" Akka asked (Paavam clueless)
"5" she said
Akka looked at her palm, "CARTIER?" "He gave u a Cartier ring?"

Amma: congratulate panna vandeya? Did u come for congratulating her?"

Amma was really angry 
"The ring is fake too I bet" Appa said... as if Ranjan didnt actually own his wealth and stole it

Appa: Both of them have conspired together for this garbage... Garbage, yes its nothing but garbage, ask her to throw it there and go take a shower, where is a good principled Iyer boy and where is this meat eating Punjabi"

Akka squirmed... she hugge dher crying sister, and took her to her room

"You two, PLEASE STOP FOR AN HOUR. I am going to go talk with her" she begged😭
Appa turned his face away literally, Amma went into the kitchen to fix dinner, it was past 8 kanji wasnt made, dinner wasnt arranged

"We gave her too much dheel" Appa kept ranting😡
"Yes all girls her age cook dinners and lunches on weekends, she either works or listens to music, marrying a Punjabi will complete the picture Amma added fuel to the fire😡
"ask her to quit her job" Appa demanded
"Dont be silly" amma reasoned clattering pots and pans😡

Their argument continued for the next hour
Akka and her just lay down... II dozed...
Akka smiled at her baby sister's ring👏⭐️... she looked lovely... pretty and feminine...
And she was taken... by her Rakshasan...☺️
~~~~

1 AM ish that Saturday morning
He spoke to his agent to get him a one way ticket and lay 
back on the bed, with his book open... on his chest...he picked up his phone, scrolled to Fire Cracker and looked at the texs
He hadnt recorded the phone conversation, he savored whatever he could recall of it... he got up and went to the balcony... he dialled Tanmay
"where are u R&B?" Tanmay asked
"where else" R&B said with a half smile
"Balcony?" Tanmay offered😃
"Without a drink or a book tho" he said😲
"Niice, whats going on?" Tan asked👏
"Oh! Ummm.. nothing... were u asleep??"😃
"NO! If I were to tell u what I was planning to do you wouldnt like me very much" Tanmay laughe dout loud, deep and manly😳

"Going off to work?" R&B asked since it was a BPO
"The exact opposite" Tanmay gave him a clue😉
"Are u in bed?" R&B asked arresting this thought🤢😲
"Your sister is on FB... so I am laying here.. hoping she will show up before Lasya wakes up" Tanmay complained🤣

"She only wanted one" R&B reminded him (Its your fault if you are sex deprived because of baby number two)😈
"I want to get busy on the third Dude" Tanmay chuckled😉
"I dont have to know" R&B said quietly😡
They heard Sam in the background...

"Shes here so I will go do things married people do at 1 AM on Sat morning" Tanmay said😳
"Most likely sleep" R&B sniggered🤢
"Shaadi karega to pata lagega na" Tanmay gently prodded
"Agle mahiney kar loon?" R&B asked😃
"Tu karne waala ban, ladki main dhoondta hoon"Tanmay slapped his chest
Sam grabbed his phone "R&B, Tan kyon dhoondenge, Main kis liye hoon u jerk"
"Do u have someone in mind?" R&B asked😳
"Hai na... ek gorgeous porcelain doll, Iyer hai lekin"😳
He smiled his half smile... "Whats wrong with a Iyer?" he asked😳
"Hello, ek to they are way religious and then they are vegetarians"
"Oh?" faked R&B😳

"Hey Sam I might have to go to Paris from Dubai"
"U smug bas***d, itni dert mujhse mazaak is liye kar raha tha?" 
"Mujhe pata hai u will never get married... ja usi Marliese ke paas, why am I even bothering" she shrieked
Tanmay grabbed the phone from her, shushing her lovingly as she sobbed on his shoulder

"Kyon yaar uski le raha hai tu?Tanmay was irritated
"I am sorry" R&B muttered

"Whats going on?" Tanmay asked
"NOT SURE!" R&B said softly...
"Paris ja raha hai kya?"
"I am contemplating" he said softly
"AGM nahi hua, yeh do mahiney se uchhal rahi hai yaha, about getting back at Chachu... this is not done dude, its unfair" Tanmay said
"I need to get away" he said
"Yaha koi kaand kar diya kya?" Tanmay asked and quickly kicked himself
"Not not quite... I am not walking quite in his footsteps yet" R&B sniggered... angrily
"Chal I apologize yaar, but R&B... dont go to Paris... AGM tak ruk ja, she is right u shud get married"😭

"All the attractive ones are married or dating or engaged" said R&B😃
Tanmay heard that dumbfounded
"Kya matlab?" he asked😲
"Never mind" R&B struggled to say what was in his mind..😳

"achha ja so abhi mujhe mera kaam karne de"laughing, "toone uska mood bigaad diya abhi she will wring my neck before she relents"
"Selfish bas***d" R&B cursed😆
"Agar teri tarah sochta raha to I would have been a virgin at 40" Tanmay said
Gnite" R&B bit out hanging up disgusted
Shoved his phone in his sweat pocket.. looked down at the sweat... the Alexander Wang... his Mom's last buy in London...
Stood there for the longest time... gazing at the wooded treelined forest of the Upper Ridge area

He went in picked up his car keys, and went down... a light was on in his Dad's study on the first floor, there were 
5 humungous bedrooms in every floor..some were converted into study some sun rooms some rec rooms... 
His Dad opened the door and looked at him... in navy sweats and an old fashioned marroon sweater that Ma had knit in the 1970s😭
He wore that a lot since she was gone "Took it off while he screwed some meat" he told himself😡🤢
Their gaze met... and held for a few seconds... Ranjan smiled weakly😭, he didnt, he just went on down😡

He started his car, there were multiple armed guards at night, startled... by the Porsche engine...
This "ameer baap ki bigadi aulad, was NOT QUITE. They would talk about him😆
"Iske koi dost nahi hai, siwai Mihir Arora ke" "Raat raat bhar ladke bahar rehte hain, 
yeh apni balcony mein khara rehta hai, ya jhoole par baither balcony mein book padta hai"😆
When a string of wealthy heirs' kidnappings occured in Delhi two years ago 
Sam begged with him to lock up and be inside at night when ever he came on vacation, 
she asked Ranjan to hire two extra guards, there were 7 at night some nights..
"Are we the mafia now?" he asked her🤣
"Shut up and stay indoors suna?" she would scold😡
But he would read anyway.. sitting in the balcony swing.👏😃
It was 5:02 AM
The guard held the door partially open as he attempted to slide out
"Sir ne raat ko bahar akele jaane se mana kiya hai, main chaloon sir?" one armed guard offered
"Nahi aap yahi rahiye" he smiled

Took off towards Vasant Vihar, drove to Sringer Mandir Marg... 😭
and drove up and down a couple times... there was some wedding event happening... 
south indian weddings went on for days... they had banana trees positioned on the entry way..😳👏 with ripe fruit symbolizing fertlity and prosperity👏

He parked his car near half a dozen.. on the dusty sidewalk... and got off
the entry to the temple was gated and locked, a guard slept sitting 
up on a chair at the gate 

Walked over to the guard that shifted "Mandir kab khulega?" he asked

The guard woke up startled "7 baje.. subah kyon nahi maang lete muraad?"😆 he groaned in his sing song Bihari accent.. 😃
huddling in his greenish blanket...
South Indian weddings, the families stayed at the hall over night, some lights were on...  a few he could see were awake... 
Sure enough... it was an Iyer wedding...☺️
In  tacky glittery thermacol lettering with a thermacol lotus flower in pink at the bottom of the board

Dr. Soumya alias Meenakshi 
WEDS 
Hariharan, CPA
Friday, 30th January 2015
Muhurtam:Kanya Lagnam 7:45 AM to 9 AM😳

He walked that street  listening to music... until a different sound interfered with his listening😳☺️👏
He pulled his left ear phone off and it was from the wedding hall...The wedding party seemed to be waking up... 
he heard shehnai...nadaswaram... he stood and gazed...😳☺️

The guard awake now complained "Subah 6 baje ka muhurat tha kal, abhi kaise so paayenge hum?...
"Aaj to bidai hai woh bhi 7 baje, ladki Dubai ja rahi hai hawai jahaaj mein" 
he made a flying gesture with his hand lighting a beedi to warm himself
He walked to his car purposefully clicking the remote...as the nadaswaram picked up tempo.☺️.. the orange hued sun😃 punctured its way out of the grey smoggy blanket of night👏😳

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Whispers2012

Hi Nish. 

I'm not Indian, never been to India, and do not speak Hindi nor Tamil. But nevertheless, a fan of every thing Indian-ish.
I stumbled upon your first thread while checking YHM forum, and MAN did you get me hooked!!
Imagine me reading all the 110+ deliciousness of II and R&B ☺️, with all the Tamil lines in between, wishingTamil was my second language, and sill yearning for more. ☺️ ☺️ 
Thanks a million for this wonderful (ongoing) journey.
Stay blessed.

P.S. This is my first post ever in India Forums. Always a ghost reader, so for me this counts. I guess this shows what extraordinary talent you have. 

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING POST👏👏
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
This ONE post is a million  times special than those that viciously refuse to give me credit😉

I am absolutely honored

Thanks for reading this love story
MEANS THE WORLD TO ME😃

I am happy you love it so much
The 50-70 of us here think of it day and night😃
Ashu25 thumbnail
The perspective. Awesome. He wanted to know about Iyer weddings. Imagined himself inside the hall maybe. Its very intriguing now.
Why is amma behaving illogical now all of a sudden.
Appa needs time out. Big time.
Bala should talk to appa, make him realise RB isnt what he supposedly thinks he is!
Vandu... She is a aweetheart. The sane, logical gushy sister. She might call up Sam now.
RB wanted to inform his sister?!?!?!? Why didnt he!!! Or maybe he did, and she did not catch his point!!
Ranjan, I feel sorry for him. Dont really know what it is about him.. But I somehow feel he is positive and its all Chachu's doing.. He is a good man.. May be!!
M waiting.. Wedding it is..