Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soul_Stirrer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: dsgirl

Ohk im sorry i dared comparing grey and R&B ..it was just a random thought which came to me while reading d last chapter..

It was never meant to offend anyone *peace*

Arrey no one is offended dear. I read hsp's comment and got carried away😳
dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Scribble_Tweety

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#9900ff">Arrey no one is offended dear. I read hsp's comment and got carried away😳</font>

I thought I'll be killed for comparing grey and R&B..;)
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Ohk im sorry i dared comparing grey and R&B ..it was just a random thought which came to me while reading d last chapter..
It was never meant to offend anyone *peace*

No worries! Grey had passion but it came with BondageπŸ˜†

Hsp.canada thumbnail

More then Grey I hated the langauge of that book, it seemed like the author believes in repetition, that even made me roll my eyesπŸ˜‰ (quote from that book) πŸ˜†
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

ONLY for comparisons to Raman Kumar Bhalla actually

Coz for THAT one there is not ONE similarity
Likewise for IIπŸ˜ƒ
Thankyou
taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kg1404

A few must mentions for me,as N begins the second leg of our journey here!!

@Ranu, @ashu,
While most of us are, both of you hv been the fiercest of loyals,fool proof,
shield all around N. Admire you both for this. This journey is as much yours as hers.

@taara , you are the most unassuming and just express it beautifully. I will carry with me the post that u made when Columbia hopped off.

@vidyaa, R U there? I do not find you at the arrival lounge these days.. Lady, u hv a top class sense of humor, missed ur post last couple of days . Like the way u sign off ur posts.

@sunshine bliss, @ Modern Family, @swaram, I hv enjoyed ur posts.

And I must have omitted a few other fierce motivators too, completely unintentional, but what to do, the list just keeps getting longer!! kudos to all the rest of us , the 50- 55 regulars for making this journey memorable for N.

There I hv said it all and now as this is just getting crazy for me, I will try not make a post till the evening hrs!! Leaves me wondering what was I doing in IF , last 3 yrs. . No clue, but the statistics is like this, member since 2011, no of posts before Software, symph, 12 may be, last count when I chkd - 37.

Wow!!

Thanks for that mention. The entire post is really very sweet. πŸ˜ƒ

When in 20 something's one should be nothing but unassuming and unafraid... Makes life fun, sometimes gets u into trouble but mostly fun πŸ˜Š
And that comment is my most favorite one. 

Your Joseph Conrad quote had taken me to a very popular one which goes "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you make them feel" ( Maya Angelou). The 2 quotes dont say the same thing but i think the atmosphere is similar.
We might not remember the lines II and R&B spoke, we may forget those words of appreciations said about them but we will never forget how happy reading the story and discussing it made us.
I can read happiness in every comment I come across on this thread...
When it comes to sad things ppl tend to ignore and move ahead... I think thats a good habbit
When it comes to happy ones, we just live in it the entire day...just like ppl read n reread the last 2 posts time and agn ( the no. of views are a proof)...without thinking a lot everyone is here express there immense happinesses... I think thats a very good habbit...
Keep doing that everyone, all of you are bloody good at it...
Aur jaisi ki maine pehle kaha tha leave aside the story im freaking addicted even to the comments on this thread...
Keep posting ppl, everyones waiting to read πŸ˜ƒ

Like always i lost the plot somewhere but i think you will get the point ..
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nisha,

If one person compliments it may be considered doubtful, if a handful maybe a fluke but when so many repeatedly compliment  and praise it's because it's true.😊

Unlike some of your readers I do keep up with the show but for me this story and the characters are completely on a different sphere and I am able to appreciate them  and you for all the nuanced understanding  and descriptions on that level.

One of the reasons  this appeals to me I think is the fact that i am in quite a similar stage in life to II... and a lot of the way  you describe her relationships outside of the R&B one is so real to me.  Sometimes i read the scenes with the family and I swear you've peeked in through the windows of my home. Besides the ones I already mentioned , appah's reaction to her no (the not speaking) and the guilt therein, the 'you just want to get rid of me', the 'X aunty is saying...' all of it. Maybe you made me realize how common place it is, maybe it's being able to see it now from outside of my own experience but I really adore  reading about it.

I love all the little nuggets of realism and culture that remind of of my childhood and the country and life that I left behind years ago.  I appreciate the Tamil culture in this because that was one of the draws for me for the show and this is certainly more along the lines of what I wanted to get from that.

I could go on, but it's probably getting repetitive.  I will try to think of new ways of praise next time.πŸ˜†

Basically good job, great writing and pacing and I am so glad you are going to continue.

On that note, I felt the proposal scene  and the conversation thereafter deserved a real Tamil GIF, and I tried to find Kaaka Kaaka Surya but I couldn't as yet.

So for now, please indulge me:

... even though this GIF really has nothing to do with anything.

Some things can be useful just for their visual appeal alone right?πŸ˜‰

PS:  'oru paathi kathavu' playing at that moment?❀️  Can I mention again how much i love that song?  The lyrics are just sooo and absolutely perfect for them too. 

Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
hemanshi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So i might be in the minority here who is a bit confused.
 Don't get me wrong - I love this story, i love everything about it and I love love the characters..
And the prenup thing..Bang on! I loved that!!The fact that she actually did speak her mind before to her rents- Amazing!!

My question is what happened to R&B to make him change his mind? I mean the last time we had some input to his thinking he was questioning everything including her? Was she interested in his money?..why did she lie to him?..was there an engagement? etc..
Then there was the ignoring and all followed up with the converstion on Delhi Metro where clearly he followed her. It ended up with her sending all the books back and trying to get a clean break..
He on the other hand was booking a ticket to go back to france forever, what happened in between that he goes to her house and proposes? I guess I am trying to understandin what happened that made him take a whole 180 turn about marriage in itself. 

Did I miss something? Is there a part I did not read? So anyhow hope somoene can clarify this..But regardless love the banter, the conversation, the proposal, the conditions..everything..I guess i just get too invested in the characters I love and need to know their mindset..

Please don't take it offensively..

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RomComFan

Nisha,

If one person compliments it may be considered doubtful, if a handful maybe a fluke but when so many repeatedly compliment  and praise it's because it's true.😊

Unlike some of your readers I do keep up with the show but for me this story and the characters are completely on a different sphere and I am able to appreciate them  and you for all the nuanced understanding  and descriptions on that level.

One of the reasons  this appeals to me I think is the fact that i am in quite a similar stage in life to II... and a lot of the way  you describe her relationships outside of the R&B one is so real to me.  Sometimes i read the scenes with the family and I swear you've peeked in through the windows of my home. Besides the ones I already mentioned , appah's reaction to her no (the not speaking) and the guilt therein, the 'you just want to get rid of me', the 'X aunty is saying...' all of it. Maybe you made me realize how common place it is, maybe it's being able to see it now from outside of my own experience but I really adore  reading about it.

I love all the little nuggets of realism and culture that remind of of my childhood and the country and life that I left behind years ago.  I appreciate the Tamil culture in this because that was one of the draws for me for the show and this is certainly more along the lines of what I wanted to get from that.

I could go on, but it's probably getting repetitive.  I will try to think of new ways of praise next time.πŸ˜†

Basically good job, great writing and pacing and I am so glad you are going to continue.

On that note, I felt the proposal scene  and the conversation thereafter deserved a real Tamil GIF, and I tried to find Kaaka Kaaka Surya but I couldn't as yet.

So for now, please indulge me:

... even though this GIF really has nothing to do with anything.

Some things can be useful just for their visual appeal alone right?πŸ˜‰

PS:  'oru paathi kathavu' playing at that moment?❀️  Can I mention again how much i love that song?  The lyrics are just sooo and absolutely perfect for them too. 

i have an hour before i have to leave for home no mood to work since its friday and so keep coming back to this open tab. all these comments are making me totally in gush mode now.. such a lovely comment this one and Taara's prior  πŸ‘πŸ‘
oh god surya is looking totally totally 😳..
first i read the story multiple times now i am forced to read the comments god i think i am going to be in therapy soon πŸ˜†πŸ€£

dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

More then Grey I hated the langauge of that book, it seemed like the author believes inrepetition, that even made me roll my eyesπŸ˜‰(quote from that book)πŸ˜†[/DIV]

And u shall be punished for rolling ur eyes too..i mean who does that but yes i did happen to like the character of grey only if they had more story to that book..and yea i agree it was way too repetitive

Coming back to R&B and this story...i love R&B and so as the story...it has got so much of substance to it..Nisha u explain things beautifully and being from delhi i just love d way u describe even small things like metro and my favourite delhi haat..one of the things which got me reading this story was delhi, KPMG and also monnet power(which i think u mentioned in some starting chapters) and yes a very realistic approach to the story :)