Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Dear Nisha and my love Ashu 

I wanted to let you guys know I have been accepted into the Harvard graduate program - MS Econ and PhD program on a complete scholarship. My late fianc was a Yale graduate himself so 'twas his dream that I get into Yale and me being me promised him that I would never apply to Yale and wanted to get into columbia. But the universe has it's own sense of humor, Harvard was a place I had applied last just on a lark becos it was his second choice. I never did apply to Yale. In fact I always teased him yeh Yale Harvard types...
Needless to say I am on seventh heaven, I am sure he is having the last laugh from wherever he is. 
But this is also a testament to my Ma who is a single mom, who has her son a starred and celebrated indian army squadron, a daughter at IIT and now me at. Harvard. 
I would never be able to tell her on her face ... But it's for her that we three have achieved so much. 

Which brings me to the sad part 
I shall now be completely off IF - need to complete my job deadlines and prep for my departure to US. 
Hafiz sabko prem aur Dhair saari khushiyan! 

May your R&B and Kanna love forever! 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

I wanted to let you guys know I have been accepted into the Harvard graduate program - MS Econ and PhD program on a complete scholarship. My late fianc was a Yale graduate himself so 'twas his dream that I get into Yale and me being me promised him that I would never apply to Yale and wanted to get into columbia. But the universe has it's own sense of humor, Harvard was a place I had applied last just on a lark becos it was his second choice. I never did apply to Yale. In fact I always teased him yeh Yale Harvard types...
Needless to say I am on seventh heaven, I am sure he is having the last laugh from wherever he is. 
But this is also a testament to my Ma who is a single mom, who has her son a starred and celebrated indian army squadron, a daughter at IIT and now me at. Harvard. 
I would never be able to tell her on her face ... But it's for her that we three have achieved so much. 

I shall now be completely off IF - need to complete my job deadlines and prep for my departure to US. 

Congratulations & Good Luck C👏👏👏
You deserve the best

Godspeed my friend... take good care
 Are you joining Fall of 2015? 
No worries about not being on IF

Cheers!
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks N 
Yep Fall of 2015. 
A new chapter in my life, I have been waiting for this for so long, in my  dreams,  I was to leave with him, in reality I shall be doing this alone. 

Dreams come true not in the way you pictured them 
But they do come true 
I am supremely excited 
I almost feel victorious over my depressed state 
Well I could go on and on 
But thank you for starting this story 
The last few months, it gave me a solace 
I believe it was becos I was willing to give myself a chance that a good thing happened after the most horrendous thing 

Love love hugs hugs 
Edited by columbia - 9 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
well written update...interesting...👏
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Congratulations C!!!!!!! Veryw ell deserved babu!!!!
Ayyooo u wont come now???
U are really happy.. Am glad abt it!! Yes.. Aunty is really lucky to have u thrre...
All luck C.. Hope you get in touch once in a while atleast..
Take care!!!
deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Columbia my hearty congratulations dear. I have never known you personally only just read Lil bits about your conversations. You are super talented. Go on grab the best and live your dreams. My best wishes!!
deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Nish finally caught up on all the updates.. We are heading for a romantic encounter.. Waiting eagerly.. Hope they are caught by Sam and vandu red handed.. Waiting for next part!!
Kiranmai1232000 thumbnail
When will be thE next part
Jyoe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

C, please excuse me for butting into this post meant for Nisha and Ashu. But I could not hold back myself from wishing you!

Really really very happy for you C on your acheivement and selection! Congratulations girl! You make your maa and loved ones  proud and also us proud!😊 🤗

Even though we will be missing you and your craziness on IF like crazy, just want to wish you all the best for your new stint! go ahead and live the dream and may you be successful in everything that you have chosen for yourself! Dilse wishing this duaa for you!

I have thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed your FF on "THEM" and thank you for giving us those beautiful stories and memories about THEM which we could only live coz of your FFs. Whenever I remember THEM i will remember you too...

And do continue writing stories...you write them beautifully!

lots love and hugs and wishes 🤗

Jyo 

swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi Columbia,

I don't know you but its strange how I feel a sense of loss when you say you will no longer be on IF . Having said that I am happy for your great achievement. Congrats on getting into Havard, the place for elites! I am sorry to hear of your loss but commend you and your siblings on your accomplishments. Needless to say, hats off to your mom in bringing you up so well! I wish you all the very best in life and happy, succesful future!

Last but not the least thank you for inspiring Nisha to give us this beautiful story.

😊