Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
No Two hero movies for Ranveer fr me..
I want him to run as far as possible from the likes of Gunday and Kill Dills.
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
The problem with Gunday and kill dil were the directors and the script. Whereas with adi chopra, he is the head of yrf, his movie will be the biggest to come out of the production house and adi will make sure it does well coz he has a reputation to maintain.

Plus the movie will be supported by the whole industry. 

It hasn't been officially confirmed if its a two hero movie. But if it is then if the script and roles r solid, then it wud be gud for ranveer to do it. 

Edited by zarak65 - 9 years ago
Aakujaveer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovanika

No Two hero movies for Ranveer fr me..

I want him to run as far as possible from the likes of Gunday and Kill Dills.

Adi chopra doesn't do movies like kill dil and gunday. He does a DDLJ, Mohabatein and RNBDJ. So I don't think we have anything to be afraid of. 
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No doubt that a film with Adi as director after so many years would put Ranveer on a higher pedestal.
BUT, Adi is known to give rough deals to the people under his banner...he takes advantage of them because they cannot say no. Look at Rani, Parineeti, Arjun...

anve should read the script...very well before he signs it.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

what are you talking about?  what is BM then?  πŸ˜†. what was lootera? ... in the name of doing something different, he cannot keep on doing small movies and stay a small star...

And you want him to 'piggyback' on a bigger star/other hero to get his fame? πŸ˜† That's not how it works in the long term. You choose GOOD scripts whether they are aimed to make small movies or not and they bring you credibility with the audience and/or commerce for producers. They allow you to make a name for yourself. Being 'backed' by YRF cannot bring that to Ranveer when they offer him crap like LVRB, Gunday and Kill Dill. Yes, the directors of those movies were not 'Adi Chopra' but his brand is currently as good as phoos bomb with all these newbies and mediocre films in a sea of other production houses which are coming up with better ideas.

Where are Ranveer's Rocket Singh, Raajneeti, and Barfi? Not yet to be seen, because YRF only keeps on offering him puppy love roles. If this movie and its script is no different, I, as not only an audience member but Ranveer fan, have no interest in seeing him. There's only so long that he can benefit from the buzz of Lootera's critical acclaim before he has to cough up something substantial and different to show people why they should care about him beyond his entertaining personality.
Aakujaveer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

And you want him to 'piggyback' on a bigger star/other hero to get his fame? πŸ˜† That's not how it works in the long term. You choose GOOD scripts whether they are aimed to make small movies or not and they bring you credibility with the audience and/or commerce for producers. They allow you to make a name for yourself. Being 'backed' by YRF cannot bring that to Ranveer when they offer him crap like LVRB, Gunday and Kill Dill. Yes, the directors of those movies were not 'Adi Chopra' but his brand is currently as good as phoos bomb with all these newbies and mediocre films in a sea of other production houses which are coming up with better ideas.

Where are Ranveer's Rocket Singh, Raajneeti, and Barfi? Not yet to be seen, because YRF only keeps on offering him puppy love roles. If this movie and its script is no different, I, as not only an audience member but Ranveer fan, have no interest in seeing him. There's only so long that he can benefit from the buzz of Lootera's critical acclaim before he has to cough up something substantial and different to show people why they should care about him beyond his entertaining personality.

Are you looking forward to DDD and BM? because I think neither of those films are YRF, or puppy roles. πŸ˜†
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

We don't know wat adi's movie will be about, we don't know whether it will be a love triangle or not. Also rs has not confirmed any movies after Bajirao Mastani. 

This adi movie is also just speculation, and who knows maybe the script and role is very different. 

So at the moment ranveer is seeing all of options, he has also said that lootera is the film he is most proud of, so maybe he will choose another edgier role like that.

He is also doing the role of Bajirao, which is a big role, it may be one of his best performances.

Also his performances as Bittoo in BBB, Varun in lootera and ram in RL hav given him critical and audience acclaim
Edited by zarak65 - 9 years ago
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Where are Ranveer's Rocket Singh, Raajneeti, and Barfi?
---------------- haaan yaar...ASK yrf, Anurag BasuπŸ˜†. You should ask them why don't they do movies with other new actors like Ranveer or Varun or whoever? πŸ˜† and may be yrf felt rishi ka beta hai, we cannot make him angry and gave him a good movie πŸ˜†...ranveer ki career flop ho ya hit ho, yrf ko kya parbahπŸ˜†

If you are ranbir fan, stay happy he has hirani, basu, kashyap, kjo lined up to make him the biggest superstar...thank god he is a good actor... nahi to hum kya karsakte theπŸ˜†... and he got the opportunity to start his career with acclaimed director like SLB ...it's a totally different matter it didn't work...

apna ranveer jo hai na, usne ek maneesh sharma naam ki director se career suru ki... wo gunday bhi karta hai, lootera bhi karta hai...bidu ko kuch prove karne ka nai hai... only his fans want him to do better...
Ranveer doesn't need to prove he is a competitor to RK, media has decided it... we are audience, let's watch how this will play out in long run...

and ranbir ne kaunsa rockstar or barfi kiya tha 1st 3 year mai πŸ˜†... ranveer will also do them when such movies come along his way... may be u liked barfi... i haven't watched it since my brother told me it's just ok... 
for some ppl, dabangg would be the best movie... filmfare awards se declare nahi hota kaun accha actor hai aur kaun bura... πŸ˜†

tum to aise keh raheho jaise ranveer ka daya baya, aaju baju  hirani, johar , kashyap and all these filmmakers are lined up with script... 🀣
aisa nahi hai na bhaya, samjha karo

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 9 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AriVeerAT

Are you looking forward to DDD and BM? because I think neither of those films are YRF, or puppy roles. πŸ˜†

SLB has not made a substantial movie since 2005 and I'm not talking about box office perception of what constitutes a 'hit'...so no, I'm not expecting anything radically and spectacularly different in BM from what his usual 'grand' and colourful fanfare seems to be. Ranveer may as well have done Ram Leela Part 2. As for DDD, I hope for Ranveer's sake that the script gives him solid scope to perform among a bunch of characters and doesn't end up being a repeat of what happened with LVRB & Parineeti. 

I find it pretty funny that majority of the posts in a recent thread about actors who do risky roles mentioned Ranbir. Meanwhile, Ranveer is choosing to say yes to friends & his launch pad and his fans want him to do safe multi-starrer, big films just so that he doesn't fail πŸ˜† That's the difference between Ranbir vs. Ranveer in the competition that some RS fans are so hung up on. You have to shoulder responsibility and prove yourself as credible to reap reward or it's just a hollow success and numbers on paper that people will forget in 10 years' time.

Originally posted by: zarak65

We don't know wat adi's movie will be about, we don't know whether it will be a love triangle or not. Also rs has not confirmed any movies after Bajirao Mastani. 

This adi movie is also just speculation, and who knows maybe the script and role is very different. 

So at the moment ranveer is seeing all of options, he has also said that lootera is the film he is most proud of, so maybe he will choose another edgier role like that.

He is also doing the role of Bajirao, which is a big role, it may be one of his best performances.

Also his performances as Bittoo in BBB, Varun in lootera and ram in RL hav given him critical and audience acclaim

Yes, I am aware of all the things in bold and hopeful about what's in red. My post was speculation in response to the article speculating about Adi Chopra's movie.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
KST,  I don't think you can just say oh the big directors don't offer Ranveer films, while they offer Ranbir such films. Ranbir didn't exactly work with huge directors or anything, probably besides Imtiaz and SLB on his road to success. 

Siddharth Anand and Ayan were newbies. Basu was coming off a massive flop. Prakash Jha also isn't a huge director in the scheme of things. He's working with the huge directors like Hirani and Johar now after proving himself.  

Also if you look around,  many of our stars really made it by working with newer directors. So I dont really think it matters as long as you do good work. Ranveer's best, IMHO,  is still by newbie Maneesh Sharma.
Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago