Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
i feel rang de basanti deserves the oscar. 👏 it has a more of a social awareness feel to it. 😉
RDB of course...
look at the coincicendce, LAGAAN was amir's film and now RDB is also his..he won't repeat the mistakes he did during promotion of LAGAAN at the oscars 😉
RDB will surely bag 1-2 awards
A r y a n thumbnail
Oooh thats a very very very hard question 🤔 Both movies deserve it but.........ummmmm......I think I'll go with RDB!
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I'll go LRMB. As they said Gandhiji is a worldwide symbol, and it would be different to see a movie which combines gandhian aspects of solving a problem with comedy. I'm sure they'll appreciate the comedy in LRMB. Its light-hearted and it gives you a belief in Gandhigiri. Also whoever said Gandhian principles are ineffective must remember it was those principles which made India an independant country from the Britishers, and no doubt they are strong.  Also normally all these rebel kinds of movie are serious but they've managed to make this light-hearted which is quite different and innovative.

But about RDB, it has its strong points, as the script is very strong, but I think the first half jokes would be quite difficult for them to understand, example that "sue kar man ko" joke, but so do some of munnabhai's jokes which are Indian oriented.  Plus I think killing a minister at the end was kinda stupid, and it kind of glorifies violence. But the strong points of this film is that it affects you go go change the system, go fight against it and not fear. Like the end scene in RDB, pure awesomeness!  Another plus point is this movie has much more international appeal than LRMB for sure. And the screenplay, they way they show the past interplay with the current youth. Wow, brilliant!!!😃

K so I'm confused! 😛

Edited by meteora_smt - 17 years ago
kaira11 thumbnail
reallly difficult to choose between tha two but i wud go in for rang de basanti though lage raho munnabahi also rocks !!
*IndianPride* thumbnail
rdb!!! 😃
i luv both movies but rdb is one of the best movies eva!!!
pob3 thumbnail
Lage Raho Munna Bhai!!!

Go get the Oscars...woohoo munna and circuit! 😛 😛 😛
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
hmmm, haven't watch Lage raho..... but by reading the reviews. I strongly believe that Rang De basnati is more deserving.

it might be violence, but it is true. thats what is happening around the world. u raise ur voice. u are shot on ur head. RDB is more real. and really hit u hard. and u really want to do something for ur country.

kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

hmmm, haven't watch Lage raho..... but by reading the reviews. I strongly believe that Rang De basnati is more deserving.

it might be violence, but it is true. thats what is happening around the world. u raise ur voice. u are shot on ur head. RDB is more real. and really hit u hard. and u really want to do something for ur country.

yeps! i agree!

and anyways, RDB was superior in other areas of film making...

LRM's a nice film! a very sweet and cute film!

but i rkn RDB will win

aw man, i really want RDB to win an oscar!!!

dharaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i will say that LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI shud go for the oscars. it is a complete package. it also tells us the right thing and also has GANDHIGIRI which gives us a lesson that violence  does not always makes a person win but one shud be cool and calm and face any situation without violence.

Edited by cuty_pie - 17 years ago