Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I think i might be the only one to say LRMB.Awesome film. Gandhi ji is a world wide symbol.πŸ˜›

RDB had a daft/ idiotic /unintelligent ending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby and my parents left the room towards the second half and i felt like skipping scenes !!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: prietyny

Rang de basanti hands down there is no comparison, Munnabhai was a great laugh riot, with the Gandhian principles,however, the latter movie is of true india 😊

its not necessary ki zindagi ke har safr mein hamare views mileπŸ˜‰

but on my personal views i feel comparing both movies ..RDB was more aspiring...  it showed a point like its easy talking bad abt any thing or telling abt some one ke woh to aisa hi tha ec.. its easy to sit in balcony with wife having coffee and discussing abt neighbour fights... but ones it goes in your own life.. we will realize what and where     we have done...

regarding LRM it showed GHANDHI ji's principles.. and every indian know that but has kept that views hidden or behind all this worldy life... Matlab they tell in todays society its not so easy to be with... simple ask ur heart how many times u have been on the right principles of ghandhi ji...... current society needs to be get brushed on that principle ... it cant be evoke by showing same principle ..it showed be shown with a different aspect which RDB has done....

greatsaleen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
RDB carries a stronger message of todays Indian youth. It has a very universal message of politics and corruption. I feel even the west would connect with it. It has more potential for oscars or any other award than LRM because it is more relavent and more contemporary.

Besides I am not all big on the Gandhi philosophy. It is wayyy too regressive in the current global picture. Would US, UK, Japan, Germany, etc. ever adopt the Ghandi principles. I doubt it. Hence, India won't be able to keep up with the game if it does. It is important for a secure future to be a team player in the capitalistic global society. RDB deals with the negatives of the capitalistic society issues. It is worth the time and effort.
sajnie thumbnail

Rang de basanti deserves the oscars as it simply the bes and has all the ingredients of success in it and also shows evrybody abt one love towrds one country

gud luck rdb πŸ‘

HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think RDB was a great movie in all terms- the storyline, the acting, the presentation & i think it has a greater chance of winning at the Oscars because it has not only been well accepted in India, but worldwide by non-Indian students as well, i think it will be very well understood by the jury at the Oscars
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rang de basanti rocks!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
It portrays Indian youth realistically and the way the characters gang up to fight for their friends is awesome to watch!!!

RDB is without doubt the best patriotic movie and it doesen't grate you with tht "hamaare sanskaar...blah blah blah" business!
~@$hm@~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Both were really good!πŸ˜›I havent watched LRMB yet..but for the oscars i guess it shud be RDBπŸ‘

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
For once there is a good chance for India with not just one but 2 good Indian movies vying for Oscars... if we win for any of the movies it would be great for Indian cinema!
-aditi- thumbnail
it's a tough competition bet rdb nd lage raho munna bhai but acc to me LRMB deserves the oscar beacuse i a very beautiful way they conveyed a message...
even our prime minister apriciated the same movie...hey but he didnt mentioned ne thing abt oscar ha...
anjali.nair thumbnail
I liked RDB but I don't think it stands a chance in Oscar run with the kind of ending glorifying violence. LRM is not an Oscar material but I do think Water has a good chance of winning because west still connects India with that kind of subject. But then Water though an Indian movie is an entry from Canada.