PK Business and Reviews updates #2 - becomes the highest grosser of BW

Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Thread 1 - PK Business and Reviews updatesEdited by Sharif.Badmaash - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PK Thursday (7th day) Box Office
Collections

PK 7th day Thursday Box Office collection is 30-31 cr taking the 7 days total collections and 1st week business to 186 cr creating an all time record for Bollywood films. The numbers might go higher too. PK is all set to have its second best day after Sunday.
Though Its early estimates only but the Thursday business in all likelihood will stay ahead of Saturday (previous second best day)

The film grew by leaps and bounds today as the morning show grew by 35-40 % compared to yesterday but
post noon, the occupancy in evening,
night an late shows is earth shattering.
The film grew by around 55 - 60 % compared to Wednesday.

Even though it is scoring close to its second best day on seventh day is humongous. Kick did it on 5th day (Eid Holiday).
Purely on the basis of collections from Hindi versions only, PK will be the highest first week grosser of All Time as Dhoom 3 (Hindi only) collected around 178 cr in the first week. Can the movie create some unbelievable records in the second week is the talk of town. PK will beat 3 Idiots and Chennai Express and enter the 200 cr club by 2nd Saturday in the worst case scenario.

Friday :- 26.63 cr
Saturday :-30.34 cr
Sunday :- 38.24 cr
Monday :- 21.22 cr
Tuesday :- 18.85 cr
Wednesday - 19.55 cr
Thursday :- 30 - 31 cr ( might touch 32
too)

Total (7 days) :- 185.83 cr
(estimates)

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/pk-thursday-7th-day-box-office-collections/ Edited by Sharif.Badmaash - 9 years ago
Sugar9.00 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Bookmarking :))
eee toh hai baste aaf time
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
re post if any1 didn't read it😃
My expectations watching the promos were 3/5 but after the reviews and WOM it zoomed to 3.5/5

Ok heres my review in simple words

Acting: Aamir really really good it has to be 1 of his top 3 performance ever. anushka-initially she was an eye sore later things settled down she is decent and has done her job well.. others are good to decent not much scope for side characters unlike 3i

Story: good innovative thought provoking but the novelty factor was missing in some places due to similarities with OMG

Screenplay: quite a few of the scenes are really funny but some are mediocre and melodramatic cliches expected better... emotional connection was missing which we saw plently in 3i and Munnabhai

Dialogues: are good enjoyable adapt to the screenplay

camera work/sets etc- decent

Music-very poor though the lyrics are part of the narrative but not heart touching songs

Direction: good as always but he has set so high standard that even such good work its not part of his best work

Verdict:recommended its not a masterpiece but def 1 of the best film of the year

Ratings:3.5/5

Other film ratings

3idiots-4.5
Lage raho-4.25/5
MBBS-4/5

Other aamir great films
Talaash-3.5/5
TZP-4/5
RDB-4.25/5
Lagaan-4/5
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So 31 on thursday. Great job. 
Sahirkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arsal-AK

So 31 on thursday. Great job. 

it can even go few crores higher mate!!

are u living in india bro??

i did send u a P.M...always a pleasure to meet A.K fans😊
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sahirkhan

it can even go few crores higher mate!!

are u living in india bro??

i did send u a P.M...always a pleasure to meet A.K fans😊

Nah yaar. US for now.

I just checked it. Strange thing it didnt show up in notifications. Will get back to you soon.

Same here, always fantastic to meet Aamir's fans.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Girish Johar @girishjohar

Thursday Varanasi #PK 12.44lacs ...81.24lacs in 7 days aproxs

-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@bollywoodajjtak: #PK is breaking all possible records at the Indian BO. Massive 185C in the 1st week. Up for huge 2nd weekend (50C+).
PK crosses 300 cr Total Worldwide Box office Collections in 7 days

Aamir Khan's PK Worldwide (India
+Overseas) Total Gross Box Office
Collections after 7 days has reached 300 cr. mark.

The 1st (first) week collection is
huge and the lifetime business is going to challenge Dhoom 3. PK Worldwide Business is the Second Highest of All time after Dhoom 3. PK is now the 3rd Highest Grosser of
2014 after Kick and Happy New Year is just 1 week.

PK will beat Kick worldwide gross, Happy New Year Overseas Business and Kick Lifetime Domestic Box Office Collections by second weekend or second Monday ( only for Kick Lifetime). PK will become the fastest entrant to 200 cr club i.e 9 days, reach by second Saturday in the worst case scenario.
If it shows extraordinary trending then it might touch 200 cr by second Friday, i.e 8 days but for that we have to until tomorrow.

India Gross - 246 cr (186 cr nett after 7 days) + Overseas - 13 Million $ (Early Estimates) (Approx - 80 cr after 7 days) - 326 cr