Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

They married? That's all?

Res

Of course not😆
I won't leave it so simply...
shabari14 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Surya bhaiya, loved it! The flashbacks were so soulful, especially the death of Sita. I loved how the some of the incidents of the flashbacks occurred in their present. And, I loved the part where Rukmini was confused whether to talk like Lakshmi or herself and Krishna and Balram's conversation.  Keep on writing like this, bhaiya! Funny and soulful!
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That is an intriguing way to put it...
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
The person I liked the most here was Shishupal. Bechaara!
Loved how Rukmi managed to get himself at least half-right at the end!

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Where is Radhika-Satyabhama Kanta? Where is the update? ðŸ˜­

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Where is Radhika-Satyabhama Kanta? Where is the update? ðŸ˜­

Soon, sorry for keeping you in despair.
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Soon, sorry for keeping you in despair.

Engae irrukirar?

Chapter 39: Rukmini Kalyana Gopala

Krsna held Rukmini's hand and helped her alight the chariot, while the citizens of Mathura danced around him, rejoicing that their Krsna had brought home his bride!

Krsna saw his grandfathers, Ugrasena, Devaka and Shurasena looking on at him, while his father Vasudeva, his mothers Devaki, Rohini, Ila, Bhadra, Pauravi, Madira, Rochana and other wives of Vasudeva looked at their son with happiness. His younger brothers rushed to him, dragging him towards their family, some of them catching Rukmini's hands. After offering his respects to all their elders, Krsna and Rukmini went to the temple of Chandrabhaga, followed by the temple of Lord Adi Keshava, to offer their respects to the family deities.

Meanwhile, the various clans among the Yadus: Bhojas, Shauris, Vrishinis, Andhakas, Kuntis, Srnjayas and even their relatives the Kurus gathered in Dvaraka to celebrate the marriage of Lord Krsna with the glorious Rukmini. Excepting Rukmi, Rukmini's entire family arrived in all finery, adding to her joy.

People ran all around the city, cleaning the streets, pavilions, houses, parks, avenues, gardens, decorating their mansions with plantain stalks, stringing garlands to be hung over the doorways, making exquisite gifts for their beloved prince and his beloved bride. Elephants strolled throughout the city, placing flowery festoons on the towers of the mansions and bringing the various requirements of the ceremony.

On an auspicious day, in the Sudharma Sabha, which had been sent as a gift by Indra himself from Svargaloka, Gargacharya performed the sacred marriage of Rukmini with Krsna.

As Bhishmaka held Krsna's and Rukmini's hands for the Panigrahana, Rukmini was reminded of a previous lifetime, with the same Lord, but a different father. She remembered Maharaja Janaka's words, "This, Oh Rama, is my daughter Sita, your companion for life and your dharma. Accepting her, please grasp her hand tight! May all well-being be upon you both!"

And she locked eyes with her Rama, her delighter, who sat before her as Krsna, the charmer of all. Bhishmaka looked at Krsna and said, echoing the spirit of Janaka, whose Panigrahana Mantra had been recited by many fathers ever since. "Oh best among the Yadavas, this is my daughter, Rukmini, your eternal companion in dharma and life. Accept her as your wife, and grasp her hand firmly! May all auspiciousness be upon you both!"

Krsna held Rukmini's hand firmly, as the priests chanted the Veda mantras of the ceremony, while the families of both bride and groom shed tears of joy.

A radiant Goddess with eight arms appeared in the Sabha, just as the Lajahoma ceremony had completed, and Krsna and Rukmini had arisen to seek the blessings of the Rishis.

She was bedecked in red garments, with a garland of japakusuma flowers, holding various weapons in her eight hands. Her face bore a smile. Majestically entering the sabha, she bowed to Vasudeva and Devaki and said, "Pranams, dear mother and father."

As the sabha was filled with whispers of the Devi's identity - Who is this goddess who calls Vasudeva as her father? - she spoke. "I am the daughter of Nanda Maharaja and Srimati Yashoda, and the adopted child of Mother Devaki and Sri Vasudeva. I am known to them as Ekanamsha."

As Devaki and her co-wives embraced Ekanamsha, Vasudeva, his brothers, Ugrasena and the guests stared on with wonder at Devi Ekanamsha, who as far as they knew had left the Yadava kingdom within a few years of her birth, taking the form of Durga.

Krsna rushed to greet his younger sister, along with Rukmini, Balarama and his other brothers. Ekanamsha fell at the feet of Balarama and Krsna and sought their blessings. Instead the two brothers lifted her by the shoulders and each catching one of her hands, smiled and turned to the sabha. The gathering was thrilled to see the trio, with Balarama on Ekanamsha's right side and Krsna on her left.

Looking at Rukmini, Ekanamsha smiled - and then gasped. Turning to Krsna, she mentally asked, Chandravali?

Krsna merely nodded. He caught the eyes of a few princesses who gazed at him in awe, among them, his cousins Mitravinda and Bhadra, both aged twelve, as well as the daughter of Satrajit, Satyabhama. He turned knowingly to Ekanamsha, who looked at the princesses, assimilated what her brother was trying to say, and grinned.

Leading Krsna and Rukmini to a grand throne, Balarama, Revati, Krsna's brothers, mothers, and Ekanamsha (who had already become a part of the Yadu household) seated the divine couple, and performed the final rites of marriage. Mahalakshmi smiled at her Narayana, her heart overflowing with love for him.

|| Sri Chandravali-Rukmini Kanto Vijayate||

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 7 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Res res res!!!!
I will unres later. Finally.
Gimme my part soon ðŸ˜†
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
That was so so sweet! I was smiling all along! So much of happiness in the air! Rukmi is a fool! Missing all of that!
But wait, Subhadra and Ekanamsha are different? Or two parts of the same that coexist? I'm cofused.