IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
LOVING it. 
Keep it coming =)
asmanichatri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Woah! That is a lot to take in. Will come back after a re-read later. BTW, this image is now stuck in my head. Sorry about the godawful editing though ๐Ÿ˜†

pinkrose1 thumbnail
hi nice concept...
its really so interesting...
update soon...
MDTharun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Khushi is given many names by her fellow classmates , but ''Champion'' & ''Dhanno" rocks๐Ÿ˜‰ . Like we guessed Aman is not so rude but annoying . I feel motive behind his pranks was always to distract khushi from sports (may be trying to help Lavanya ) . Arnav behaved differently with khushi when he is alone & not caring when they are in school . Did Arnav to feel ashamed to befriend kushi because she was not from his  class ? Everyone in the school have made khushi feel inferior , except Akash  , not a surprise khushi is not interested in recognising Arnav .

Aman attempted suicide ,it was a surprise owing to  his sunny nature . Arnav was holding khushi responsible for not attending calls on that particular day . So there is more to the story here .
Arnav - khushi have landed in same college , let us wait for the story to unfold its twist .

loving itโญ๏ธ
Edited by MDTharun - 9 years ago
Mina420 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Wow, you protraited Aman really well. It is true, you know that people who sometimes behave so irrationally only do that to hide their own state of mind.
I wonder what made Khushi ignore Arnav when she saw him so many years later. Agreed, they parted on bitter terms but that does not really mean she should ignore him.
I guess while everyone's life moved on, Khushi stayed back. Considering that Khushi is the little boy's bua, I wonder if Shyam returned. Where are her parents and what has her life turned into? I guess even with a completed degree she could have gotten a decent job but maybe something came in between.
Next update will back to present. I hope to see more of how Khushi's past looks like and maybe Arnav and Khushi meeting. With this story, I feel that you will come up with unexpected but new ideas and I am waiting to know that they are. Please update soon.
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
It is rare that fanfiction makes you relook at a section of your life and evaluate it all over again.
This chapter brought back so many memories of my own middle school/high school days, and not all were the nicest.
What can I say except you have a talent for making all the characters seem so real and easily imaginable. 
Yes, what Arnav, Payal and the others did was nasty and uncalled for. But at 15, you do a lot of things you heartily wish you hadn't done when you're older.
And Arnav perhaps even felt justified. He wasn't correct, but with his best friend attempting suicide, maybe he needed a scapegoat which he found in Khushi. I mean, adolescent boys really aren't the most mature/bravest. Khushi was the easy target because she stood out and brought conflict into his previously comfortable world of privilege and blind class consciousness.

Poor Khushi. Man, I'd be scarred for life by what she goes through in thees two years. 
Fickle friends aside, being interrogated by the cops for a classmate's attempted suicide? Therapy for years.

So Lavanya and Khushi were never really as thick as Arnav and Payal think they were, after all. Okay theory time. Lavanya seems to be fine with Khushi as long as she isn't directly competing with her. And she likes imagining romantic interest where none probably exists. MAYBE Lavanya liked a guy in college (Arnav?) who payed more attention to Khushi and Lavanya perceived it as a slight while Khushi was all 'IDGAF, you rich kids are nuts.'
It ties Lavanya's animosity, Arnav's discomfort, and Khushi's indifference together neatly. So it's probably not the right answer. *sigh*

Khushi may have had a hard life of it, but I get the impression that she's come out stronger and more emotionally stable than the others.

I hope Aman comes back some time. I'd like to see what he's made of his life. And it would be an interesting facet to the Arnav-Khushi equation.

P.S. This comment is also signed by a friend who is on an IF-vrat, but loves your story-- LooneyLuna.
motichoorladoo thumbnail
While they say that, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I am not sure this elite school education was worth it for Khushi. Sure there must have been a buttload of character building, but at what cost? She was truly the round peg in a square hole. What little of present day Khushi that you have revealed does not suggest that she made much of her life. but I hope there is more to her than a Rapunzel Complex where a prince finally rescues her. So far your writing and characterisations have been top-notch, so I don't expect that you will make the characters one-dimensional as the story progresses. No pressure, just that you have set the bar high for yourself ๐Ÿ˜›
Colleges are more egalitarian spaces than school. Or at any rate there is a safe space for all kinds of people. Hope Khushi found hers. 

Can't wait for the next chapter, when hero and heroine shall meet and rabba vey will be in the air  ๐Ÿ˜†
Vibranthues thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3
This story is so so good, I'm simply eating it up. I find myself bursting into a soft chuckle at random, even dark parts because of the underlying sense of unintentional humor. The characters are well etched and defined there's such clarity, yet intentions and behavior is hidden from us. I'm so intrigued, but this is such a simple, amazingly engaging read that I don't mind the mystery at all. 
This hits home because of all the highschool memories and the fact that I was always an outcast. I can relate so much to Khushi... I went to this elitist school and the disparity between the children of socialites and rich CEOs and me. 

About Aman's suicide, I had one...acquaintance in the 11th grade. She'd fallen in love with her tution teacher who was 23 and was determined to spend her life with him...not knowing he had lured many such girls for money. She used to gift him Iphones and shirts...it was disturbing. I think I was quite desperate for acceptance and she sort of emotionally leeched off me (because she was never a friend to me) and I often let her. I know it seems selfish, but so was she. Eventually, the police were involved and she attempted suicide due to the shock of his betrayal. Finally, after a couple of years of therapy, she was better. Last I heard, she was studying fashion in London. 

I don't know why I shared this...but it's always felt like I've viewed my highschool life like an outsider...never really part of anything. 

Oooh the nostalgia is so strong. Can't believe I debated reading this for over a week. 

Sorry for the incoherency and grammatical errors, it's 2 am here
Edited by Vibranthues - 9 years ago
luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i just came across this...n OMG this is such a fantastic story...very very interesting...
loved everything about this story... oh wow n Aman trying to commit suicide...tht was  a shocker...and all his friends were not even concerned... instead playing pranks ...how insensitive of them...
even arnav was irrational... may be he was angry with  khushi...but this is no way to react... 
glad aman came bk n had ice cream with khushi...wonder wat happened then :)
but i dont understand Arnav... when alone he is very nice and cares for khushi and when with everyone else...ignores her... is he ashamed of being friends with her?
La...she is one another character...she seems to be friends with khushi but as long as she does not come in her way of winning in sports...
eagerly waiting for next  
Edited by luvbug - 9 years ago
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliantly written ... 

Could visualise the frustration Khushi went through having a delinquent person sitting 
next to her in school ... it is really important to sit next to someone who you can at least 
get along with ... and her fears came true after all ... Aman did bring her down academically 
and in sports too by his immature antics ... 

Peer pressure can be really damaging ... hated the way she was blamed for his attempted 
suicide ... but in a way Arnav was absolutely right ... had she answered the phone at that 
moment maybe the depression would have gone by without causing damage ... but who 
knows what is going to happen next ... ๐Ÿ˜•

Now waiting to read what actually transpired between A and K in college to have made her 
act in this weird manner when she saw him at the mithai shop ... as a total stranger ... 

Thanks ... YellowBoots ...