Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Yes, Mythili, I agree..commenting on positive side be it looks is always healthy. I mean anything that is constructive and just don't send out negative vibes is always good. If you comment somethign good about a person, that makes his/her day then i think it's worth doing..but by your comments if you hurt someone I would not agree to that.
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

I am guity of mentioning Adnan Sami's weight in two posts.
I am also quite frank in 'thin is in' thread.

I guess Adnan Sami is smart enough to know that he cannot hide behind Shaan and as such there is a global epidemic of obesity. People need to be told so. If they find rude, a much more tude awaekning awaits them in their futures.

Abhijit, you said twice. JP also told in her post about repetative criticism. If you passed on message once we got it..but keep on telling same thing again and again, and specially negative comments is not good. Obesity and being fat is not the same, please correct me if I am wrong. Thin is definetly In..but does that give us right to criticize the ones who are not thin is the question!
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Sowmya !!!

I agree with you but  I don't feel anything wrong in making healthy comments on the same actor or actress(who are or were handsome/beautiful already).However I don't support people who simply comment on the beauty which is naturally given by God.I'm not interested in commenting an actor by comparing with another but I'm really interested in commenting in comparing the actor with his/her past physical features that too some considerable level.Thses are just for people in glamour world.

Cheers,

Mythili

Sowmy,its not that people judge everybody...Its just the top actors and actresses,who play lead roles....Om Puri is a fantastic actor,but honestly tell me..would it be possible to imagine him romancing any Leading actress like say Priety and running around trees...Not quite!....

No one's saying that good look is is the ultimate,everything starts and end at looks..NO...But practially thinking,it cant be helped...Sadly not!

Apparently,Ajay devagan is at the verge of playing Sri Ram...Now I would certainly love to watch a comparitively better looking Abhishek or Hrithik play the role..Its impossible,to imagin ajay donning those clothes and sitting on a throne with a crown on his head😕...Am I being narrow minded...Maybe🤢😭..But wouldnt I be a hypocrite if I say that I prefer Ajay devagan as ram over ABhishek.....I prefer not to be a hypocrite....😃

Certain aspects like weight are repairable,provided the actor hits the gym......Now when a certain actor can definitely look several notches better,if only he/she sheds a few pounds,what's the harm....😕....

and why do everyone feel that being called "not so good looking" is a curse😕..Now if someone comes to me and calls me breathtaking,I'd just laugh it of,as I know I'm not any Ash..The problem here is,people are too sensitive,and love to believe what they are not...They're just fooling themselves honestly😕....and this labouring under the delusion leads to a humongous ego problem,with people getting "offended" when they are called "not so pretty" or "fat"😕😕..Its all in the mind.....Afterall,as you said,Looking good is not in one's hand...Its god given,and if looks good,Thank the Lord,if one doesnt..Thank the lord for all the other blessings😛...Afterall,Albert Einstien,Abdul Kalam,Narayan Murthy,Bill Gates,Mother Teresa arent the most gorgeous people on earth,but they are farrrrrr better human beings,far more intelligent and far more popular worldwide...Thus I dont feel there's anything to feel sad,if one isnt good looking.....we never count out blessings

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

Abhijit, you said twice. JP also told in her post about repetative criticism. If you passed on message once we got it..but keep on telling same thing again and again, and specially negative comments is not good. Obesity and being fat is not the same, please correct me if I am wrong. Thin is definetly In..but does that give us right to criticize the ones who are not thin is the question!

Lets assume a person X is a celebrity,a leading actress.....Lets say she is fat....Now when her pictures are posted,wouldnt people obviously feel that she is fat..Now,if that person coments,isnt that person just being truthful😕...The line demarcating brutal honesty and rudeness is very thin..Now,one can play to the gallery,and say"OMG,she looks a million bucks",when that isnt the truth....

and when X goes on record to brag about her weight loss(when in actuality,there's hardly any weight loss visible😕),isnt it natural for people to say"She hasnt lost any"...You know Whom I'm talking about,Dont you😉

Some get offended,but arent those the people who hate to face the reality and love to live in a foolsparadise....Now comparing Aishwarya Rai to some low to middling television actress cum bolywood wannabe is preposterous...but certain blind fans of that actress wouldnt mind saying that X is better than Ash..Now if X was all that,what is she doing in telly.....😕..Fans get offended with such comments,but isnt it the truth...Why expect everybody to be politically correct,and be diplomatic....is calling a spade a spade this heinous a crime😕

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail

I am not criticizing any one for having this or that appearance. Stating simple facts without melice is not criticizing. THe flip side of being admired as a great pianist, a good composer and a popular singer is also that people would notice your apperanace. Most of us are ordinary looking and even Ash and John do not have right to CRITICIZE people for thier looks. However people ought to accept simple facts of life. I edited my post and added that epople find fun in my hieght all the time and I laugh with them.

No, Abhijit you are not criticizing anyone ..i know that. Agree, stating facts without malice is not criticizing. See, when we talk within friends about someone's looks or some celebrity's looks it's debate and discussion. But this is also a simple fact that no one likes to hear about their ugly looks on their face. Some people just don't want to make issue out of it and just smile and let the comment pass…some people get offended and protest, and some really are good and take comments and know how to laugh at themselves as well. My point being, now going back to JP's questions, when we know that celebrity are coming here talking about their weight, and looks and talking negative again and again is not anyone would like to hear. I am good looking so I have never heard any negative criticism so far, but I am sure I have lot of other flaw in me… now do you think if someone keep on telling me that again and again I would laugh at it? No. once I can laugh at it, but repetitively it gets offensive. I agree people ought to accept simple facts of life and from my observation so far, it is human nature who likes to hear good about them compared to bad. So all I mean is why not try to bring out good of them and show them rather than trying to dig their bad side.
lighthouse thumbnail

I am not criticizing any one for having this or that appearance. Stating simple facts without melice is not criticizing. Most of us are ordinary looking and even Ash and John do not have right to CRITICIZE people for thier looks. However people ought to accept simple facts of life. I edited my post and added that epople find fun in my hieght all the time and I laugh with them.

Exactly Dr. Shukla.

My thoughts are if you can't take the heat don't enter the kitchen...  People need to accept the body they are born with or currently have and if other people make a mention of it there is no need to get all rattled about it.. Celebreties are capable of taking the critisism then we give them credit for..

Infact I have seen some television shows like KandyFloss, Current Bollywood or Shekhar Suman's show making unflattering remarks about celebreties.. If everyone worries about how they are gonna feel all we would have is monotony.

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

My point being, now going back to JP's questions, when we know that celebrity are coming here talking about their weight, and looks and talking negative again and again is not anyone would like to hear.  So all I mean is why not try to bring out good of them and show them rather than trying to dig their bad side.

Umm...but what about repairable aspects,and traits that can be overhauled(mostly celebs are criticized for these aspects right)...For example dressing sense,and hairstyle,basic conduct in public,weight et al....

Suppose a celebrity couple cant dress to save their life,and none of their friends have pointed out...now,when their fans point out via public forums,cant thay atleast make an attempt to revamp the wardrobe😊..But no,they would repeat the same clothes to every second party,would wear the most repugnant clothes,but expect no one to raise an eyebrow.......Now when Mid day mocks,they realize...but mid day has so many issues to cater to,and thus it wouldnt be possible for Mid day/Mirror/any scribe to keep track of a particular celebrity..

Hairstyle...a visit to the salon can make a world of a difference...We've had karishma Kapoor and Urmila and even sushmita having hair disasters early in their careers..but a good hair styling metamorphoses them into completely different personalities...Thus,when a celebrity direly needs a hair cut,but is so obstinate,that he/she just wouldnt LISTEN and get a haircut,for like years together,isnt it natural that people who watch (or watched) their shows would comment....😛

Bacis conduct in Public....Mostly,All the television stars need lessons on basic conduct...Screeching,Bragging,Throwing attitude,snubbing the fans,boozing in public,looking inebriated etc is tv's stars' forte..No one can beat  them when it comes to blowing issues out of proportion🤢,and indulging in cheap publicity stunts...and some make such appaling comments on national television..well,The fat is in the fire,can it be helped...😛..And they get embroiled in controversies(most of the times intentionally) repeatedly....Thus the repetitive criticism

Weight....a person can cnahge his/her looks to some degree with a weight loss/gain...Bipasha looks much better and younger after shedding those pounds..Similarly,certain actors would look good if they put on some pounds...But No....They dont give a sh*t,and dont work on anything..They take things and the audience for granted,which is sheer arrogance!

and Unless pointed out,people wouldnt know their negativities...Now I wouldnt want people to flatter me,I would appreciate those who are being honest,as I'm not the kind who cant accept that I"m flawed..But I can work on my foibles,provided I'm told...Shouldnt celebs too harbour the same attitude.,..why choose to live in a delusion😕

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Exactly Dr. Shukla.

My thoughts are if you can't take the heat don't enter the kitchen...  People need to accept the body they are born with or currently have and if other people make a mention of it there is no need to get all rattled about it.. Celebreties are capable of taking the critisism then we give them credit for..

Infact I have seen some television shows like KandyFloss, Current Bollywood or Shekhar Suman's show making unflattering remarks about celebreties.. If everyone worries about how they are gonna feel all we would have is monotony.

Exactly..and very well said.👏.There's no smoke without fire....

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Exactly Dr. Shukla.

Well said Light house ji!!!👏👏👏

Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i dnt think it is right to call any1 wether they are a star or not fat/ugly. if they have the talent to come n televsion or cinema-good 4 them ! we shudnt put them down just bcoz we dnt like them as at the end of the day we wudnt like it if sum1 called us fat or ugly.
copperboom thumbnail
Well looks sell in the entertainment industry. If they didn't Ash wouldn't be around because she barely has any hits compared to the number of movies she's done. People in this industry KNOW criticism comes with the territory. Whether it be physical or not. So do I think its wrong to comment on their weight? No.
shuee thumbnail
Well, my dear friend. We critizise everyone's look, wherever we go we do talk about such things as "he's fat" or "she's very pretty". It's normal! We are grownups here and we know what to say. If someone is fat it's not a taboo word, it's a fact. And no one can put such rules in a democratic country.